roll call...only those that have been here 10+ years.

CaptiveBred

C21H30O2
Silver Member
I had an account on the original forum back when it was just for Arizona. I made an account and put up a wanted add for a pool table. Must have been late 90s or early 2000s. I think all the inactive users were pruged or nobody was transfered to the new website when it went up. IIRC

So who is still here that is an original Arizona user? Got to be a few of us in here...

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
2006/7

Just curious how many people still post that have been here for a decade or more.

I was here, had things happen, forgot usernames and password log-on's-
anyhow- long story short, endeavored and rejoined

I've always been in for a pound materially and virtually pool-wise "Raising the Hustler"

:thumbup:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had an account on the original forum back when it was just for Arizona. I made an account and put up a wanted add for a pool table. Must have been late 90s or early 2000s. I think all the inactive users were pruged or nobody was transfered to the new website when it went up. IIRC

So who is still here that is an original Arizona user? Got to be a few of us in here...

Nice! Now we're talking. I'm not from Arizona, but my first sign on and post was when it was still a website dedicated to Arizona pool. A lot of newer members have no idea that AZ meant Arizona and not A to Z.

If I were to guess, I first joined AZ the same year Wisconsin' s Ed Mercier started Playpool.com. I thought Mike started this Forum after Ed Mercier did his Playpool.

Freddie <~~~ still here

asiasdad

Banned
11 years now without ever changing
my user ID including 2 trips to AZB jail,
just paroled again on 2-10-17 which is
why I'm on the 5th page of this thread.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The weird thing for me is that I was using AZ Billiards as a resource for several years for tournament information before I ever knew there was a "forum" for people to communicate on. I was always a slow learner. :thumbup:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Fun to see so many of the original people checking in. Too bad we've lost so many of them.

I initially resisted joining AZ Billiards because I was a member of the Billiard Digest Cue Chalk Board (CCB) group and was very happy with it. There was a nice mix of posters there. I joined AZ when it started growing rapidly and many of the CCB people came over here with new names.

I remember being fascinated with the new (to me) concept of meeting people on the internet and conversing with them. I'm being honest when I say I'm impressed with the intellect, wisdom and humor I see from the members here on a daily basis. The witty observations and diverse viewpoints create a gold mine of entertainment value.

Over time the information is rehashed and rehashed, content may get repetitive but the entertainment value has stayed strong for me.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The weird thing for me is that I was using AZ Billiards as a resource for several years for tournament information before I ever knew there was a "forum" for people to communicate on. I was always a slow learner. :thumbup:

One of my biggest rushes was when you invited me to come over to your house when you first joined. You wanted me to look at the many cues you've acquired (nice word for pawned) over the years and give you ideas on how to sell them. In fact that was the first time I saw your Gibson table and immediately fell in love with it. I took pictures of the cues and sent them to you to start selling on ebay.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my biggest rushes was when you invited me to come over to your house when you first joined. You wanted me to look at the many cues you've acquired (nice word for pawned) over the years and give you ideas on how to sell them. In fact that was the first time I saw your Gibson table and immediately fell in love with it. I took pictures of the cues and sent them to you to start selling on ebay.

Still in da house.