SALUX System: a new pivot system

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
STEP 1-Identify the spot A on the cue ball

attachment.php

I'm a bit confused.

Is 'A' a point on the cue ball or the object ball?

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said the 15- ball in the picture is the cue ball. I used it because the spot with the 15 printed on it represents the point A.
Regards
Tony

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Excuse me, do you mean my system is connected to Houle's? Because I cannot see the link 😳
Cheers
Tony
Yes. It is absolutely connected. "Your" system exists because of the efforts of Hal Houle to bring the concept of ball to ball objective aiming systems into mainstream pool instruction.

You came to aiming systems because of all the discussion and development of systems that Hal developed. As with math there are often many ways to get to the same answer.

I was complimenting you for taking all that input and developing a method to get to the shot line objectively. As I said I have not yet tried this but if it works as described then thank you. And if not also thank you for investing time and effort to help people play better pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After you practice more than 50 shoots with this method, you brain develops an automatic feel for the shoot and so you can apply the second phase B of the system - Visual:

View attachment 419385

View attachment 419386

View attachment 419387

In my tests I hadn’t compensate for the throw occurred. Let me know.

WORK IN PROGRESS
Touching balls or very near balls

I hope to hear comments from you and maybe we can improve this wonderful and simple aiming system together.
Enjoy,
Tony

Tony,
Thanks again.

I drew your system on AutoCAD 2D and it is close to geometrically correct. Like your last post pivot aim line shows, the pivot hand/bridge is close to the CB or a couple of inches behind.

salox.png

With a normal 12 inch bridge, I was cutting thick and had to use outside english which is OK to compensate.

Today, I took the geometry to the table with a 2 inch pivot point/bridge. With my cue on the aim line, I slid my bridge to my normal stroke stance, stroked and shot center CB - very accurate for me.

Just having fun.

Be well.

Last edited:

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For bridge position, I normally use roughly a span of an hand.
To pocket the ball, I rarely use the outside English for compensation, except for CB positioning reason. Tell me your discoveries.
Have you tried the Revolution system too? It's a natural consequent approach (central perception of OB) of this method.

Thanks,
Tony

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony,
You have almost 2,000 hits/viewers and a few positive reports on the efficacy of your "system" along with me. Again initially the bridge before the pivot must be close to the CB (a couple of inches) - practice at the table will determine what that distance is for the separation between the CB and the center of the OB for each shooter's vision center.

Be well.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this method of aiming the same as CTE?

No.
It is free.
It geometrically correct save CIT.
This system is devoid of angular perceptions to establish which fraction is to be embraced (A, B, C etc.) to initiate the pre-pivot aim line.
Be well

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as I have time, I'll post some interesting stuffs I discovered this weekend.
Cheers,

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No.
It is free.
It geometrically correct save CIT.
This system is devoid of angular perceptions to establish which fraction is to be embraced (A, B, C etc.) to initiate the pre-pivot aim line.
Be well

CTE is free as well. The DVD's which one CTE instructor Stan Shuffet made, are not. Those DVD's were made at a cost in response to heavy and unwarranted criticism by many who were not ever in the least interested in learning CTE or any good objective aiming system.

CTE as taught by Hal Houle is free for the asking from anyone who learned it and can adequately pass it on. Even Stan will generally give anyone who comes to him a basic lesson in CTE for free as far as I know.

I don't charge for CTE lessons and never will.

Just wanted to make that clear. It is entirely possible now to learn CTE from all the available free information online if one cares to.

I don't want to turn this thread into a CTE vs....... so the other stuff won't be addressed. All roads lead to Rome sort of thing...

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is free as well. The DVD's which one CTE instructor Stan Shuffet made, are not. Those DVD's were made at a cost in response to heavy and unwarranted criticism by many who were not ever in the least interested in learning CTE or any good objective aiming system.

CTE as taught by Hal Houle is free for the asking from anyone who learned it and can adequately pass it on. Even Stan will generally give anyone who comes to him a basic lesson in CTE for free as far as I know.

I don't charge for CTE lessons and never will.

Just wanted to make that clear. It is entirely possible now to learn CTE from all the available free information online if one cares to.

I don't want to turn this thread into a CTE vs....... so the other stuff won't be addressed. All roads lead to Rome sort of thing...

As a professional instructor, I have nearly killed myself for the past 10 years trying to understand what Hal knew as CTE. Yes, I do charge for my instructional time for imparting real CTE. And yes, I do charge for DVDs.
I will also charge for my 2 years of intense labor for my CTE book and its publication. I present CTE as it really was and is...not just my version or some aspect of what CTE is thought to be.

When my book is released, I will be offering free demonstration clinics for sharing what CTE really is and is not. These clinics will take place at my facility once each month for one year assuming the interest is there.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a professional instructor, I have nearly killed myself for the past 10 years trying to understand what Hal knew as CTE. Yes, I do charge for my instructional time for imparting real CTE. And yes, I do charge for DVDs.
I will also charge for my 2 years of intense labor for my CTE book and its publication. I present CTE as it really was and is...not just my version or some aspect of what CTE is thought to be.

When my book is released, I will be offering free demonstration clinics for sharing what CTE really is and is not. These clinics will take place at my facility once each month for one year assuming the interest is there.

Stan Shuffett

Welcome back Stan. :thumbup:

John

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread has over 2,400 hits so maybe some folks are talking to others about this SALUX aiming system that is easy to get and understand.

It must be for few have asked for more information or clarification on it.:):thumbup:

Be well.

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other simple explanations

Hi all,
I discovered other variants to my aiming system that I would like to share with you.
First of all I want to thank Stan for posting in my thread. I consider you a pool genius and I recommend his dvds to everybody.
Well, my first discovery is that the system works also for near-frozen-balls. All you have to do is to apply, after the pivoting, opposite English before making the shoot.
Secondly, I want to explain with a video how the Revolution aiming (it’s an enhancement of the SALUX system).

The 4 steps are:

1. While standing, find the “A” spot on the CB towards the pocket
2. While standing, rotate the body around the found point “A” towards the pocket, till you see the OB squarely in front of you then stop the rotation
3. With that visual form the bridge (one or two hand spans)
4. From behind the CB aim the cue to the center of the OB and then pivot to the center of the CB.

I have created 3 very simple videos here:

youtube.com/channel/UCkOyeZCBScLD8jPSfTaTN8A

(Please don’t consider the starting point of the cue which is misleading). The main point here is that you have the object ball in front of you and that’s the aiming line! The other touching ball is the ghost ball.

To help aiming, you can adopt the variant here:

forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5544251&postcount=12

An interesting observation that can help is the following:

1.JPG
2.JPG

Another simple variant called SALUX - INNER EDGE is the following (it doesn't work on straight shots):

3.JPG
4.JPG

The SALUX system is simply a matter of aiming directly the OB fully, from a certain central visual perspective and then pivoting the cue at the center of the CB. That’s it.
Hope to hear your comments.
Regards,
SaluX

PS= Salux is a modification of my surname :smile:

Last edited:

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome explanation!!! 1 picture worths more than 1000 words:)

As soon as I go to pool hall, I'll try to record a shot from scratch.

Regards,
Salux

Last edited:

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome explanation!!! 1 picture worths more than 1000 words:)

As soon as I go to pool hall, I'll try to record a shot from scratch.

Regards,
Salux

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes make a video please...I want to see the 2" bridge.

You don't need a vid to effect an approximate 2.0" bridge. Just place your bridge hand at 2.0" behind the CB, freeze your cue with your grip after the pivot and slide your bridge back to your normal position, apply adjustments for CIT and required english, stroke and shoot. It's relatively easy with good results..

shot.png

Last edited: