San Jose vs The Beard.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know these guys been feuding for awile now, so i just have to ask this, Did they ever play each other?

If so who won the money and what game was it!

Who was the better 1 pocket player of the two?

I know that both played jam up 1 pocket!

Sorry San Jose and Beard, i just had to ask this question.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i dont beleive they ever played each other
im sure each of them beleives they could beat the other one.....:D

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
We never played. I never met him or seen him play. He never seen me play either, because when I played my best in the 70s to the 90s --and went everywhere -- he was driving a UPS truck. The closest we might have ever came to playing was when he claimed he walked into Bensingers with Richie Florence in the late 60s or early 70s, couldnt get a game and walked out. Thats about as likely as a guy in New York's Times Square of the 80s passing out drunk on the sidewalk with his bankroll hanging out of his pocket, and waking up with his whole poke still in place.:D (With maybe a good Samaritan there waiting for him to wake up so he could drive the guy home)

Beard

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know these guys been feuding for awile now, so i just have to ask this, Did they ever play each other?

If so who won the money and what game was it!

Who was the better 1 pocket player of the two?

I know that both played jam up 1 pocket!

Sorry San Jose and Beard, i just had to ask this question.

Well, it appears he wants to crank up our feud over here !...I am somewhat surprised, as he has never won a verbal battle in 5 yrs. on the one pocket site ! (despite calling me every foul name he could think of) :rolleyes:

As Fred said, we've never played..We have met briefly, (at the DCC in 'O9), and we have seen each other play on videos.. However, we always traveled in a COMPLETELY different social strata, and class of player's !..As everyone (including Fred) knows, our never having played, was very fortunate..FOR HIM ! ;)

As one very respected poster pointed out, (in your Fat's thread) Fats would have needed at least 8/7 from me..Fred never played one pocket anywhere NEAR Fat's speed !..Does that tell you anything ? :confused:

Also, you may have noticed..he has always been envious of the fact that I have almost always worked for a living, and still played several notches above his best speed !..This has been at the the crux of our ongoing feud ! ;)

PS..Richie, you should never use the words "both played" and "jam-up", in the same sentence when referring to the two of us..That would be a gross 'misnomer' !..:rolleyes: :p :p

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it appears he wants to crank up our feud over here !...I am somewhat surprised, as he has never won a verbal battle in 5 yrs. on the one pocket site ! (despite calling me every foul name he could think of) :rolleyes:

As Fred said, we've never played..We always traveled in a COMPLETELY different social strata, and class of player's !..As everyone (including Fred) knows, this was very fortunate.. FOR HIM ! ;)

As one very respected poster pointed out, (in your Fat's thread) Fats would have needed at least 8/7 from me..Fred never played one pocket anywhere NEAR Fat's speed !..Does that tell you anything ? :confused:

Also, you may have noticed..he has always been envious of the fact that I have almost always worked for a living, and still played several notches above his best speed !..This has been at the the crux of our ongoing feud ! ;)

PS..Richie, you should never use the words "both played" and "jam-up", in the same sentence when referring to the two of us..That would be a gross 'misnomer' !..:rolleyes: :p :p

SJD -

Are you and Fred about the same age?

We are wanting to see Matlock and McCready match up again, and many note that folks on both sides think they should play but the issues is age.

Pool players, basketball players, baseball players, its hard to compare when they "peaked" at different times.

Best of rolls,

Ken

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As Fred said, we've never played..We have met briefly, (at the DCC in 'O9), and we have seen each other play on videos.. However, we always traveled in a COMPLETELY different social strata, and class of player's !..As everyone (including Fred) knows, our never having played, was very fortunate..FOR HIM ! ;)

Mr.San.Jose, i promise i will never make that mistake again!

Thanks to You and The Beard for contributing to this fine thread!

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJD -

Are you and Fred about the same age?

We are wanting to see Matlock and McCready match up again, and many note that folks on both sides think they should play but the issues is age.

Pool players, basketball players, baseball players, its hard to compare when they "peaked" at different times.

Best of rolls,

Ken

Ken,...Fred is 72, (12 mentally) and I am 79 (39 mentally) ! ...Physically, we are both on our last legs, but I'm holding up well ! :p

Here are some recent pictures of us;

......FRED (in training for dreaming)

DSC_1138.jpg

......DICK (in training for the senior triathelon)

3202_95a05bcb-1d04-4b24-9da0-22fb79011557.jpg

Last edited:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken,...Fred is 72, (12 mentally) and I am 79 (39 mentally) !...Physically, we are both on our last legs..:p

Thats a good way to start the day off, with a real good laugh, that is funny!

San.Jose i didnt know you were 79, i though you were on the other end of 70.

I can only hope to live to be 79 or older, (iam 46)

151 years of pool knowledge we are getting from The Beard vs San.Jose where else can you get this kind of info from, there is one other place, and it has something to do with 1 pocket!

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Thats a good way to start the day off, with a real good laugh, that is funny!
San.Jose i didnt know you were 79, i though you were on the other end of 70.
I can only hope to live to be 79 or older, (iam 46) .

Richie, the only reason Dick is still with us is because he's hooked up to a respirator, has an IV in each arm, a feeding tube down his throat, and a portable dialysis machine at the ready.
Freddy, of course, is in a coma. :)

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Richie, the only reason Dick is still with us is because he's hooked up to a respirator, has an IV in each arm, a feeding tube down his throat, and a portable dialysis machine at the ready.

And the only thing keeping SJD alive is my feeding him some ink every so often.
I had heard he was near death, so I relented and fed him a couple of posts. I havent fed him a morsel on Onepocket.org in about 9 months, and he instantly fell upon it like a skinny, starving Somalian.

The people who have read my "Encyclopedia" can see that I made a great effort to acknowledge and honor the old time players and hustlers. SJD (I will discreetly refrain from calling him the usual batch of names I use on him on 1pkt.org.) if anyone's looking can see that he has made it his business to instead,knock the old time players, ie., Fats, CornBread Red, Mexican Johnny, Surfer Rod, etc., and of course a special attempt to knock my game even tho he dont know me any better than an unlabeled package in his UPS truck.

Beard

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Y'all must have missed my creative editing, and pictures in post #7..! ;)

barking4action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it appears he wants to crank up our feud over here !...I am somewhat surprised, as he has never won a verbal battle
in 5 yrs. on the one pocket site ! (despite calling me every foul name he could think of) :rolleyes:

I'll take 10-7 race to 8 for $300 if your ever in the Bay Area.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If the two great ever get togther some day for a big game, I would have First Responder stand by with Ambulance, and a Supply of Bottled O2 for their ride to the Local ER should either one go down.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Those two guy represent what Pool was long ago, before the age of computer, and veido games, broke the back of pool in the USA. JMHO.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJD (I will discreetly refrain from calling him the usual batch of names I use on him on 1pkt.org.) if anyone's looking can see that he has made it his business to instead,knock the old time players, ie., Fats, CornBread Red, Mexican Johnny, Surfer Rod, etc., and of course a special attempt to knock my game even tho he dont know me any better than an unlabeled package in his UPS truck.

Beard

Beardmonster,..If anyone took the time to look over there, on the other site, they would soon realize that you are not only delusional, but extremely prone to making false statements !..And please, do not flatter yourself, by lumping your name in with ANY of the past great hustlers you mentioned !

YOU, and YOU ALONE, are the only one I have made derogatory comments about, regarding anyone's character !..And that, you have brought on all by yourself, with your juvenile name calling rants, and personal, whiney attacks !..It is not MY fault you couldn't/didn't play better !

I too shall use some restraint, as I cannot believe you want to air our differences out over here !..Is it so you can again accuse me of affecting your merchandise sales ?..Haven't I always complimented you on your writing skills ?..I shall also NOT make sport of your chronic (near terminal) dermatological issues, or your extreme paranoia !

In closing, let me say you broke our fragile truce..AGAIN !..And once again, this cannot end well for you ! (or your 'beat list', or your 'legacy' !)..In case you haven't noticed, I am not hampered by any 'good ole boy' restrictions, here on AZB, and can pretty much speak the truth !

SJD...Your Favorite "Skinny, Starving, Somolian" UPS driver' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dennis50

Registered
UPS drivers are my favorite guys ...the toy truck I call it ...brought many big boys toys to my door.
Barking and nipping at the ankles ...love it.
Am I the only one that sees a show of shows here for tar.
All expenses paid for the combatants ...nice motel room and food and drink paid for ..a little walking around money for the loser and a little more walking around money for the winner. I don't think these guys are looking for that big pay day at this stage of the game. I'm retired and near broke, but willing to pay per view for this show of shows.
Anyone else up for a good show?