screen names

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
My name is Bruce Worcester.

When I first started surfing AZB, I had no intention of getting into posting and all of this (see where that got me!) but after a while I got tired of having to guess the magic question to continue....oddly enough, I can't even remember the specifics of the restriction, just that I was tiring of having to do it.

As to the name, well, I suck at this game. In this part of the world, "dubbing around" (spoken with a thick downeastah accent is better) mean something to the effect of doing something unsuccessfully, or not necessarily seriously. Thus, a "dub" is the one doing said unsuccessful things...

Had I realized how deeply this addiction would affect me, I probably would have spent a little more time selecting a name. I'll probably have the mods change it to my real name, or some combination using it, somewhere down the road.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
My name is James, I go by Jim, but people in the pool room have been calling me Jimmy for as long as I can remember. I guess I wasn't too creative in selecting a username. :)

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
My name is Rob Shaffer and I live in McCook, Nebraska. Before that I lived in Garden City, Kansas, Alamogordo, New Mexico and Tulsa.

This thread is sort of timely since I recently changed my avatar to my real photo. (handsome I know) and listed my city and state in my profile. I recently decided I am at a point in my life where I don't care if people know who I really am.

As far as caliber of player I don't know what I am. I've never played a rated or handicapped league. I just got back in the game about six months ago and am playing Masters APA. I can usually run at least two racks in a race to 7 set and I make more than I miss. So whatever that makes me.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I don't use my real name because there is a famous person with the same name that sells sex related stuff and I want to avoid any confusion.

Jack Hammer? Lol Now I GOT to know your name! Could it be Ron Jeremy?

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
My name is Rob Shaffer and I live in McCook, Nebraska. Before that I lived in Garden City, Kansas, Alamogordo, New Mexico and Tulsa.

This thread is sort of timely since I recently changed my avatar to my real photo. (handsome I know) and listed my city and state in my profile. I recently decided I am at a point in my life where I don't care if people know who I really am.

As far as caliber of player I don't know what I am. I've never played a rated or handicapped league. I just got back in the game about six months ago and am playing Masters APA. I can usually run at least two racks in a race to 7 set and I make more than I miss. So whatever that makes me.

It freaked me out when you changed. I was used to the Steven Segal photo. You're not at all what I was picturing in my head. Not better or worse, just different!

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
My name is Henry and I've been called Professor, Desapenado and Henry Hill. I lived in a Moose Lodge in Mass near a pool table for 7 years and played all comers, eventually had people making the drive to play me.

I play in the Midwest a lot and usually lose. I play on the east coast a lot and usually win.

So are you saying us midwest folks are better or just that the east coast players aren't as good at sharking?!?:thumbup:

PS. where in the midwest are you playing? I'm near St. Louis.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
My real name is Joe Bill Priff. I live in Nohope, Missouri.
Some of my favorite things to do are playing pool, eating pizza, and finding low cost car insurance.
Go Tigers in the SEC. :)

2andOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use my screenname because if i used my real name everyone would think i was an asian female. I am neither asian nor female. Thanks for the crappy name mom!

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Cdryden
I play in the Midwest a lot and usually lose. I play on the east coast a lot and usually win.

So are you saying us midwest folks are better or just that the east coast players aren't as good at sharking?!?

PS. where in the midwest are you playing? I'm near St. Louis.

I play in between Ohio and Chicago, usually going to through Indiana along the way. When I play on the east coast, it is mostly straight pool and rotation and I can hang with the good players. There are also many straight gamblers that may not be at a high skill level but try to get the nuts, which I can usually outrun.

Different story on the road in the midwest! I'll be coming through a town with a known road player as my partner and we'll get barbequed playing one-pocket playing the counterman at a pool hall in the middle of nowhere. And you can forget about Chicago, waaay to many good one-pocket players who like to bet waaaay to high. It just feels like I go out east and make a good chunk of cash, go to the midwest and lose it and feel like a chump, then go back east and re-up. Very emotionally draining. :grin:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I play in between Ohio and Chicago, usually going to through Indiana along the way. When I play on the east coast, it is mostly straight pool and rotation and I can hang with the good players. There are also many straight gamblers that may not be at a high skill level but try to get the nuts, which I can usually outrun.

Different story on the road in the midwest! I'll be coming through a town with a known road player as my partner and we'll get barbequed playing one-pocket playing the counterman at a pool hall in the middle of nowhere. And you can forget about Chicago, waaay to many good one-pocket players who like to bet waaaay to high. It just feels like I go out east and make a good chunk of cash, go to the midwest and lose it and feel like a chump, then go back east and re-up. Very emotionally draining. :grin:

Chicago is loaded with good players/gamblers. And while I like one pocket, it's not my best game by far.
I got schooled by some Cubans at Chris's Billiards in Chicago playing 3 cushion. I donated a few games until I got the hang of it and then managed to pull one off by the end of the night to break even. But I was able to hold my own all night at 9 ball, although there were no big time players there at the time.

I would love to play some on the east coast. I will be in Charleston at the end of June taking my family on vacation. The pool scene doesn't sound too strong there but if any fellow AZer's are looking to play some let me know.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Now I know that internet forums are mostly annonymous but people on here have a way of being found out for who they really are. My name is Kevin Brown and I'm nobody in the pool world. I'm just a slightly above average player, if that. I like playing the game but have so little motivation to do so nowadays due to the nature of the people and lack of action around here, it's amazing really. Back to the original point...

I would like to give credit where it's due to all the people in the pool community(the ones that matter and are known anyway) for using their real name as their screen name. I'm inspired to make this post by 1 particular individual who falls under the criteria I'm referring to btw. There are alot of guys on here who don't use their name but people know who they are and they aren't trying to hide it, that's different than what I'm talking about.

Basically, I'm just ribbing a good friend of mine as I know he will see this and not comment because he's a scared little female dog! hahaha

The advantage of using your real name is that people tend to remember you and feel as if they have gotten to know you. I find it difficult remembering some people - who they are, where they are from etc, by just their screen names.

I could have named myself B_Ya_PIMP59 but it doesn't match my personality all that well.

It's kind of odd that I've known some of the members here for a very long time, but have never met them. Eventually you come to accept the fact that you've made friends you won't meet, like and dislike people you don't really know - even a lot - and so on. One of the sad facts of forum life is people come and go. They are quickly forgotten in most cases.

The disadvantage of using your real name is the possibility of embarassment and harassment in real life. As easily as you can make friends in forums, you can make enemies. You can become a target.

Personally I prefer to be myself. The forum is like a pool room: once you enter you are in it's little world, not yours.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My real name is Blue. True story, yes.

No, Its Terry Ashton. Most of the guys that I have met on here or have done business with know my email that I use. My email is my full name.

JB, Jim Baxter and a ton of others know my real name so it doesn't bother me that the rest do as well. I doubt anyone on AZ would have the inclination to search me out on the net for any nefarious reasons. Not much info out there that I wouldn't be wiling to share if someone asked.

I have a Face Book page.

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Although my screen name says bdorman, my real name is Efren Reyes.

No, it's really Caesar Morales. :D

But you can just refer to me as "that guy that makes all the lucky shots."

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use my name & pic because I don't really care if anyone knows who I am since I don't say anything here I wouldn't in person. Plus, I couldn't come up with a clever screen name off the top of my head & I'm not a patient person...;)

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
My name is Steve, most people call me Steve. Others just call me Steve