Screwed by Sneakypete76

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Yes we all did have 0 itrader once but most of us built it up first by buying a few cues, not selling, unless escrow was used. I was just curious if someone else threw in a good word for him, that's why I asked.
Anyway, at least these things remind us that the itrader system does have some value, meaning it helps getting info about a member through people that have done buisness with that member. Even a new member here for e.g. can easily get the picture when he looks at Joe's itrader when he posts a cue for sale and buy without fear..
Again, I truly hope your case is resolved in the best way for you possible.
Petros

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
This is a Bad thing to happen to anyone, But this person must be SUPER STUPID to pull this on you ( The King of AZ) They really picked one there.Good Luck Joe, I have a feeling it will work out.

Thanks for the compliment, Tommie, but I don't know about that "King" stuff. I am just an old man who happens to love pool. Shoot, many of the guys on here do more with 1 or 2 cues than I do in a year.

I place an emphasis on that "old man" stuff. My dream team did reasonably well this year, and my legs are just shot...my knees are still burning. We played 2 very long days, beginning at 8AM both days and losing last night late. I just can't run with the big dogs anymore.
Joe

rugerfan

Got a Snakewood fetish...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That blows! You should be covered being you paid via pay-pal/CC. Good you have some recourse on the situation. Just be sure to follow the PP procedures and you should be fine and get your bones back.

Sorry I missed you at the SBE. Every time I opened my case to show anyone a Thompson cue, SBE staff was on me "You need to close that case, sir..." I understand they need to protect their vendors interests. I was hoping to get them some face/table time with some folks but that turned out to be pretty difficult.

I hate seeing this kind of crap. It gives us guys starting to offer items/cues in the classified section a unwarranted black eye.

Not all new sellers are crook's. Being this person's name was "Thompson", I said "Damn it...."

I'll hit you up next time I'm coming thru your way heading to Deep Creek. You have to check out these cues I have. They really are something special.

Hope everything works out for ya!

G.Long

PS: I also sell on ebay under the same name-Rugerfan. You can check my feedback if you like. I have sold several cues on ebay over the years (some I should have kept...didn't we all...)

Last edited:

rugerfan

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks for the compliment, Tommie, but I don't know about that "King" stuff. I am just an old man who happens to love pool. Shoot, many of the guys on here do more with 1 or 2 cues than I do in a year.

I place an emphasis on that "old man" stuff. My dream team did reasonably well this year, and my legs are just shot...my knees are still burning. We played 2 very long days, beginning at 8AM both days and losing last night late. I just can't run with the big dogs anymore.
Joe

Get yourself some "Bigeloil" from southern states, Joe. I have lyme induced arthritis and my knees kill me at times. You rub that Bigeloil in your knees/joints before bed and I garentee you will good to go come morning. Just a tip from your uncle Rugerfan...

The stuff is good...

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Joe,

Here is a copy of the article about David Huff, the biggest ripoff in Cue World at one time. When I think someone's trying to rip me off, I've sent them a copy to let them know that this kind of crap could potentially cause them more trouble than they'd ever imagine... God, I hate thieves!

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• davidhuff.jpg
    davidhuff.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 706

sun526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
Monto,
Where can I find that information? When I try to find out more in the details, this is all it shows:

Sent to:
SANDY THOMPSON
Email:
drnorobbie@yahoo.com
Amount sent:
-$450.00 USD

Joe

Joe in my experience with paypal the burden of proof lies with the seller! If he can't prove he sent your item to you by signature confirmation or simple with delivery confirmation they will rule in your favor and reverse the charges! Simply go to paypal and open a dispute and they will contact the seller and get your money or your item, if they can't provide proof from the delivery company iy was delivered they WILL take care of you. Before they escalate, If you escalate, they rprovide they seller i think 5 days to provide info and reply. If no proof and no reply they will reverse the charges. Takes about two weeks I think.

Last edited:

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Its truly sad to hear that someone is scamming like this and giving honsest sellers a bad name. I have had disputes through paypal for "iten not received" and they have ruled in my favor, so more than likely you should get a refund.

Now, I haven't sold anything on az YET but I have 2 cue orders so far and I will have them finished soon. This sort of behavior makes it hard for someone like me trying to gain some exposure here on AZ and establish a solid reputation for quality cues to do so without scutiny.

My username on ebay is snookerwillie, my rep there is spotless.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Joe, you're a nice guy and I really feel badly for you. Hopefully, you'll come out okay on this. Nice guys don't always finish last. Thanks for posting and letting us know to avoid any dealings with this person.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Get yourself some "Bigeloil" from southern states, Joe. I have lyme induced arthritis and my knees kill me at times. You rub that Bigeloil in your knees/joints before bed and I garentee you will good to go come morning. Just a tip from your uncle Rugerfan...

The stuff is good...

I will give that a try.

You reminded me of something here. I played slow-pitch softball for about 25 years from the 70s through to the 90s. For a long time, one of my team-mates was a veterinarian. He used to bring us some horse rub to rub on our shoulders and arms, etc. That stuff worked great...only issue was that you could taste it in your mouth almost as soon as you rubbed it on your body.
Joe

rugerfan

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I will give that a try.

You reminded me of something here. I played slow-pitch softball for about 25 years from the 70s through to the 90s. For a long time, one of my team-mates was a veterinarian. He used to bring us some horse rub to rub on our shoulders and arms, etc. That stuff worked great...only issue was that you could taste it in your mouth almost as soon as you rubbed it on your body.
Joe

Might be the same juice Joe. Bigeloil is marketed for the horse industry (pain reliever, anti inflammatory, ect). I didn't notice a aftertaste when I use it but my sense of taste is all banged up from sinus issues. Sure you didn't chug some of that horse juice down instead of your beer?:eek:

Active ingredient is mentol (1.5%) and you know it when you apply it. Other half gives me hell when I come to bed smellin like a candy cane on steroids! Sure helps with the sinus problems tho...

Getting old sure is fun........yea.

Last edited:

nwtflogan

START EM YOUNG!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm 30 miles south of Cleveland.......if someone gets a address I'd be more than happy to make a house call........a actual person mocking on the door may straighten this out n get a refund a lot faster........just let me know

justaguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i think you are talking about DMSO...

just a guess...

i believe it was originally an industrial solvent, but the good ol boys liked it for their arthritis... to my knowledge, it never was approved for human use, but i know folks used to use it on their horses...

my grandfather was a vet, and i know he used it on his hands and had some buddies who did the same...

justaguy

I will give that a try.

Joe

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
Joe in my experience with paypal the burden of proof lies with the seller! If he can't prove he sent your item to you by signature confirmation or simple with delivery confirmation they will rule in your favor and reverse the charges! Simply go to paypal and open a dispute and they will contact the seller and get your money or your item, if they can't provide proof from the delivery company iy was delivered they WILL take care of you. Before they escalate, If you escalate, they rprovide they seller i think 5 days to provide info and reply. If no proof and no reply they will reverse the charges. Takes about two weeks I think.

All the above is true, Joe.....however, Paypal can only draw from the balance that this weasel has in his paypal account. If there's only 10 bucks in it, that's what you get, and a lame apology from Paypal. That was my experience a few years back, when some joker sold me a break cue and sent me an empty tube.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0

just a guess...

i believe it was originally an industrial solvent, but the good ol boys liked it for their arthritis... to my knowledge, it never was approved for human use, but i know folks used to use it on their horses...

my grandfather was a vet, and i know he used it on his hands and had some buddies who did the same...

justaguy

DMSO...that is the stuff...I remember now. Worked great, though. As soon as you got it on your hands, you could taste the stuff.

Softball is why my knees and right shoulder are shot, but it was a lot of fun wearing them out.

Joe

rugerfan

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

just a guess...

justaguy

I have been warned about DMSO. That is something you DO NOT want in your body. I had a buddy who is a phyisical therapist look into the Bigeloil. It contains NO DMSO. He said DMSO was developed for the flooring industry as a agent to help stains/sealants absorb into wood floors. Bad stuff! He said there is nothing in Bigeloil that will hurt you and I trust his word, he carries a PHD in his field.

I always use a credit card when dealing with internet purchases (my paypal account is linked to a CC). That way, if paypal fails to come thru, you can file a fraud case with your CC company. Kinda covering your bases twice, if you will. And, I will only deal with verified and confirmed accounts.

Edited; Hope this works out as a case of miscommunication.

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I had another PM from an AZer who said Sneakypete76 posted earlier that he was going to the race in Bristol this weekend and that might be the reason why he had not responded.

According to the log, he was on AZ after I sent him PMs:

sneakypete76
Last Activity: 03-16-2010 05:52 PM

I sent PMs prior to that time requesting shipping information, and followed up with emails to the email address that I submitted Paypal payment to. I also posted a thread requesting that he contact me via PM or email.

Joe

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
374   0   0
Joe,
The guy sent you a personal payment on PayPal. That is the reason you did not get an address.
But you can still contact PayPal and clear this out, I hope...

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Joe,
The guy sent you a personal payment on PayPal. That is the reason you did not get an address.
But you can still contact PayPal and clear this out, I hope...

Tony...I sent him the money...he owes me the cue. I didn't send it as a gift or anything.
Joe

vic

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with paypal bye just calling them with dealings that went bad on ebay, joe just call them in the AM.

1-888-221-1161
(a U.S. telephone number)

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday