Seminole Tour At Hardtimes. 128?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
In a couple of weeks the Seminole Tour is going to be at Hardtimes in LA, CA. Two weeks ago in GA. there were 38 or 39 players at the Seminole stop. Hardtimes is expecting 128 players. If this happens it doesn't say much for the pool scene in GA. or FL. I don't blame John S. for getting out of Dodge. Johnnyt
 
At HardTimes??? I think you mean at Hollywood Billiards next month, unless they snuck one in without me knowing about it. I'm hoping to be one of those 128 players that will be there.
 
In a couple of weeks the Seminole Tour is going to be at Hardtimes in LA, CA. Two weeks ago in GA. there were 38 or 39 players at the Seminole stop. Hardtimes is expecting 128 players. If this happens it doesn't say much for the pool scene in GA. or FL. I don't blame John S. for getting out of Dodge. Johnnyt

dont be surprised if they get 128-California is starving for tournaments.
The $20 monthly Hardtimes tournament use to get 96 players with players driving in from San Diego and further. Maybe it still does-havent been out that way in a while.
 
At HardTimes??? I think you mean at Hollywood Billiards next month, unless they snuck one in without me knowing about it. I'm hoping to be one of those 128 players that will be there.

Yes I ment Hollywood...thank you for catching that. Johnnyt
 
In a couple of weeks the Seminole Tour is going to be at Hardtimes in LA, CA. Two weeks ago in GA. there were 38 or 39 players at the Seminole stop. Hardtimes is expecting 128 players. If this happens it doesn't say much for the pool scene in GA. or FL. I don't blame John S. for getting out of Dodge. Johnnyt

Johnny, nope. Not at Hard Times. It's at Hollywood Billiards.

It is sad to hear how few are coming out out to participate in the Seminole Events as a whole. I dunno about 128, we'll do better than 40 guaranteed!
 
I think the low turnout had to do with a $150 entry fee.
I for one will pay a $50 entry to Pro caliber players, but $150 would be pushing my limits. Realistically, I would have no chance of getting in the top 5 in that tournament, unless the top players wore socks on a freshly waxed floor. LOL
 
I think the low turnout had to do with a $150 entry fee.
I for one will pay a $50 entry to Pro caliber players, but $150 would be pushing my limits. Realistically, I would have no chance of getting in the top 5 in that tournament, unless the top players wore socks on a freshly waxed floor. LOL

That is how I use to look at entering a tournament. If the entry fee was like $50 and 5th & 6th usualy paid at least $150, could I realiscally get there. If not I'd rather play someone at the same skill level as me three short sets for $50 each and not spend the whole weekend in a tournament I have no chance of making a profit. I hated tournaments anyway. I was more of a grinder than fast out of the gate, and we all know how that usualy works out in a tournament. Johnnyt
 
its a mystery to me as well as to why these events dont fill up, i know ill be in la for this event. I know they put this event the week after the bcs'a in vegas so it should fill up
 
Johnny, nope. Not at Hard Times. It's at Hollywood Billiards.

It is sad to hear how few are coming out out to participate in the Seminole Events as a whole. I dunno about 128, we'll do better than 40 guaranteed!

I got a wild hair to enter this thing but was concerned about taking up a spot of someone more deserving. I guess that's not an issue. Now if I can only open up my schedule so that I can play all three days. Oh, who am I kidding? As long as I'm free Saturday morning that will probably be good enough. :o

BTW, Johnny, the tournament is more than a couple of weeks away, more like a couple of months. It's Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Mon), 5/29 - 31.

I'd hope to see this event get a pop from the 10 ball event in Las Vegas May 17-22. It would be nice if it attracted some of those entrants to make the drive to Hollywood. The Seminole event is the very next weekend and it's not that far away.
 
I seriously doubt that we'll fill the field, but I am expecting 80-100 players. That would be nice. IMO anything over 64 is a good field.
 
Well I'm coming to support, I'll be hanging with BigTruck in the booth.
No playing for me...no reason to mess with the memory of my stroke ;)
 
I seriously doubt that we'll fill the field, but I am expecting 80-100 players. That would be nice. IMO anything over 64 is a good field.

Jay, do you know what rules are in effect for this event? On the tour's website it said this:

9.) For any other rules the tournament director may refer to WPA, BCA or Texas Express rules. Tournament Director may use his or hers desecration on all gray areas and will have the final say on all ruling.

Yes, I pasted that from the website, it says "desecration".

I'm particularly interested in the shoot/give back rules for this event. In spite of what it says above, this isn't going to be Texas Express 10 Ball is it?
 
Last edited:
In a couple of weeks the Seminole Tour is going to be at Hardtimes in LA, CA. Two weeks ago in GA. there were 38 or 39 players at the Seminole stop. Hardtimes is expecting 128 players. If this happens it doesn't say much for the pool scene in GA. or FL. I don't blame John S. for getting out of Dodge. Johnnyt

Ouch... I think one of the reasons is that there are so many tournaments going on , picking and choosing one that might have a softer field and being closer to the location of the player , might have some bearing on it...otherwise we wouldn't have so many great players " down here ".
 
Jay, do you know what rules are in effect for this event? On the tour's website it said this:

9.) For any other rules the tournament director may refer to WPA, BCA or Texas Express rules. Tournament Director may use his or hers desecration on all gray areas and will have the final say on all ruling.

Yes, I pasted that from the website, it says "desecration".

I'm particularly interested in the shoot/give back rules for this event. In spite of what it says above, this isn't going to be Texas Express 10 Ball is it?

Yes it is. The Hollywood Billiards Gold Crowns are super tight! This is not WPA "call shot" Ten Ball, and you can win on the break.
 
Yes it is. The Hollywood Billiards Gold Crowns are super tight! This is not WPA "call shot" Ten Ball, and you can win on the break.

I know you know I know how tight those tables are. :o:grin:

I think TE rules will probably speed things up a little bit too.

Thanks Jay.
 
Back
Top