shall we request ban on....

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are about to shoot the 9 ball and your opponent seated in his chair like a gentleman/good sport try to open the bag of potato chips to stuff few chips into his mouth.will u stop in the middle of the stroke and get up,walk towards your socalled gentleman/good sport and tell him that he is distracting you and he may eat the chips when his turn to the table comes? If u do, you may be risking your reputation among the pool community and you may be called all kinds of names and the least of which will be 'a silly complainer'.

Have you heard the sound it makes when you try to open the New Biodegradable potato chip bags? It`s noise level is 95 deccibles.Slightly lower than the sound of Lawn Mower.Imagine how it will be if the rail or your opponent will be trying to eat the potato chips from these new potato chip bags.I wonder what the pool community( hither to did not think that potato chip bag noise is a shark move) will think about the new biodegradable bags! should the pool hall owners ban that product?:cool:

cut shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear ya. Its a tough call as to what to do or say. Those bags are loud. I would wait for a few seconds & then shoot after the noise subsides.

The Schwartz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like the movie Trainspotting. That guy is almost murdered right there and he wasn't even sharking anyone on purpose!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Sounds to me as if you need to have your OWN bag of chips on hand :wink:!!!

What goes around comes around :thumbup:.

Maniac

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Haven't heard the new bags, hope i never do. Old bags were bad enough.
The opening of the bag is one thing.

It's when they repeatedly dig into the bag with a hand that is always too big, and dig around for the potato chips on the bottom, trying to dig out the last bits and pieces from the corners.

Couple of times, i just went and got a paper plate, came back and dumped the chips onto them for my opponent.

Doesn't make one difference if you complain. Not only will u get made fun of, then, you'll have 5 people opening bags instead of one in the future. People who want to see if it annoys you who usually are friends of your opponent.

At that point, it will never ever go away and will haunt you for all time.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chips

You are about to shoot the 9 ball and your opponent seated in his chair like a gentleman/good sport try to open the bag of potato chips to stuff few chips into his mouth.will u stop in the middle of the stroke and get up,walk towards your socalled gentleman/good sport and tell him that he is distracting you and he may eat the chips when his turn to the table comes? If u do, you may be risking your reputation among the pool community and you may be called all kinds of names and the least of which will be 'a silly complainer'.

Have you heard the sound it makes when you try to open the New Biodegradable potato chip bags? It`s noise level is 95 deccibles.Slightly lower than the sound of Lawn Mower.Imagine how it will be if the rail or your opponent will be trying to eat the potato chips from these new potato chip bags.I wonder what the pool community( hither to did not think that potato chip bag noise is a shark move) will think about the new biodegradable bags! should the pool hall owners ban that product?:cool:
YOU WOULDNT HAVE BEEN AT A TOURNY WHERE THIS HAPPENED TO EARL WERE YOU???? it happened!!!

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally like to pass wind when sharking. It's sorta a twofer. if the sound doesn't jolt him, the odor will lay him low! :barf::rotflmao1:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
OIMHO really Great players, can tune out anything. A lesson we all should learn.

This is the biggest bunch of garbage ever uttered.

Not everyone's brain is wired the same way.
To some, certain noises are just like nails on a chalk board.

Great players tune out everything?
Just look at Mosconi and his legacy of giving the look of death or snapping at ANYONE from across the room, who dared make any noise while HE was playing.

For all his greatness, Mosconi wouldn't have run anywhere near his high run in 14.1 if someone was sitting there crumpling a bag the whole time.
I'd be willing to be that John Schmidt would not have gotten to 400 if someone was sitting there with a bag being crumpled either.

All it takes is one flinch and that's it.

TimmyB80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe another tool everyone needs to carry in his/her pool case: earplugs! How silly would that be? Even better, MP3 player/iPod with white noise!

I agree with Cocobolo, you should probably be able to drown it out, otherwise I would wait until they are done (I might offer to help... provide a little hint...).

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great players

Just because great players can tune out distractions doesn't mean I or everyone else should be able to. Just call sharking what it is.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
A chip bag noise maker would defintiely draw some ire from me.

I was down on the 9 ball yesterday on a routine shot - for the set and the cash. As I'm stroking my opponent said "That's so easy, even a retard could make it." I missed, hung it, and expressed my displeasure with his unsportsmanship.

Like someone else said, I was made out to be the bad guy. :angry: I have no desire to play this guy again.

rlb444

Registered
Concentrate and focuus on what you are doing and you wont even hear it. I would just ignore it. I once played a game for a good chunk of change. I won the the game with some pretty tuff shots. After the game my friend said that my openent was trying to talk me out of shots. He was talking to me the whole game that was on the wire. I said really? I didnt hear one word that he said.

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
you're to sensitive man

A chip bag noise maker would defintiely draw some ire from me.

I was down on the 9 ball yesterday on a routine shot - for the set and the cash. As I'm stroking my opponent said "That's so easy, even a retard could make it." I missed, hung it, and expressed my displeasure with his unsportsmanship.

Like someone else said, I was made out to be the bad guy. :angry: I have no desire to play this guy again.

Who was the culpert? Not the Preacher?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll tell you what i do. i shoot the 9 right into the rail then get so mad i can't make a ball the rest of the match.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
OIMHO really Great players, can tune out anything. A lesson we all should learn.

On the one hand, I can see where this would be great for sharking an opponent. However, some folks just like to eat chips and I would not agree that it is [intentional] sharking in most circumstances.

On the other hand, I can normally tune out almost anything, when I'm playing. However, since last week, my blood pressure has been up and I HEAR EVERYTHING. And all of it annoys me, when I'm about to shoot. It really has my game messed up. It's amazing how blood pressure affects your vision, your hearing, your patience... YOUR GAME... :eek:

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... walk towards your so-called gentleman/good sport and tell him that he is distracting you and ...
Instead, get up with the best pained expression you can fake and tell him, "I don't know what they put in the potato salad (or whatever you saw him eat earlier), but if I don't get to the toilet in 10 seconds, we'll all find out. Please watch the table for me." then walk a little funny to the restroom. Take about 10 minutes, giving him time to finish his chips and think about the potato salad he ate. If you come back and he has another bag of chips, you know you're up against a pro.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead, get up with the best pained expression you can fake and tell him, "I don't know what they put in the potato salad (or whatever you saw him eat earlier), but if I don't get to the toilet in 10 seconds, we'll all find out. Please watch the table for me." then walk a little funny to the restroom. Take about 10 minutes, giving him time to finish his chips and think about the potato salad he ate. If you come back and he has another bag of chips, you know you're up against a pro.

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: