Shane VanBoening VS: Chang Jung Lin Tomorrow LIVE in Ft Worth Tx

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well in their money game Chang had already won the cheese in the big foot he didn't look to me that he was in top gear looked tired young Buck clearly had more energy, , I like his chances for big cash long set

Not buying it. The match occurred on Friday night at Derby City, after each had not played for many hours due to being eliminated during the day from the nine ball event. Both players looked fresh to me (yes, I was there watching it) and both players played great pool. Jeremy Jones, who commentated it, called it some of the best pool he'd ever seen. Fatigue was not an issue.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well Chang just messed up his action on an exhibition
match. No one is going to want 10b action vs him
anymore.

Plenty of us have known how he plays for a long time. Apparently many people didn’t though.

Went to a poolroom the other day and the owner and cuemaker there had no idea who Filler was - you know, the guy that won the US Open etc. they had been too busy with their little joss tour to be bothered with knowing anything about one of the best players in the world and acted like their tourney was the biggest in the country. Lol

I asked for a table 3 away from the finals table(as far as I could get) and was informed there was a huge money tournament going on and I would have to be quiet, meanwhile, jukebox running etc. I asked what do you think I’m going to do? And again got told I need to be careful and quiet, I just looked at them and left - you can’t fix stupid.
Jason

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Plenty of us have known how he plays for a long time. Apparently many people didn’t though.

Went to a poolroom the other day and the owner and cuemaker there had no idea who Filler was - you know, the guy that won the US Open etc. they had been too busy with their little joss tour to be bothered with knowing anything about one of the best players in the world and acted like their tourney was the biggest in the country. Lol

I asked for a table 3 away from the finals table(as far as I could get) and was informed there was a huge money tournament going on and I would have to be quiet, meanwhile, jukebox running etc. I asked what do you think I’m going to do? And again got told I need to be careful and quiet, I just looked at them and left - you can’t fix stupid.
Jason

Wow, great story. Unfortunately, not that surprising.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason

You were at the wrong pool hall in Syracuse. Bunch of APA players there. The owners are just a little self absorbed.

Salt City Billiards had the US Open on the TV live the entire tournament. We also host pro exhibtions and action matches followed by pro/ams the day before each Turning Stone Classic. We wouldn't do it any other way.

Attachments

• 7249.jpeg
    7249.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang barely missed the bank and Shane is going to get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24-7 Come on Shane I have a ferry ride to enjoy some pool

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... and they have for a few years now.

One of the guys I was playing with in Taichung, Taiwan last Saturday night told me there is a big pool tournament coming up in Taichung next week sometime and referred me to some Taiwan Facebook website and he said it would be online.

My phone wasn't working there at the time so I took a picture of the page that he was showing me on his phone and I'll see if I can get it translated and I'll post the info on here. Maybe we'll be able to see the stream and some good pool action.

He told me that all the top Taiwan players would be playing in it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You were at the wrong pool hall in Syracuse. Bunch of APA players there. The owners are just a little self absorbed.

Salt City Billiards had the US Open on the TV live the entire tournament. We also host pro exhibtions and action matches followed by pro/ams the day before each Turning Stone Classic. We wouldn't do it any other way.

I always come to salt city, unfortunately the person “working” was watching tv, so I left. Thats how I ended up at the other place. Ended up driving an hr and didn’t get to hit a ball at either place.
Jason

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane made the one ball and is now on the two ball he’s going to have to bank the nine or break it out or Play a tough combo

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always come to salt city, unfortunately the person “working” was watching tv, so I left. The hats how I ended up at the other place. Ended up driving an hr and didn’t get to hit a ball at either place.
Jason

I heard about that....
If you like $6 slices of cake go there...bring lots of money.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He breaks out the nine ball and gets out 24-8