Shaw concedes down 5-0

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing Filler with 5 or 6 left in DCC 9 ball. Filler missed the 8, Shaw makes the 8, scratches in the side and waves goodbye… crazy

Sure, he was a huge HUGE underdog to win the match but man crazier things have happened.

What a shame.
That does suck to read "Matchroom's darling" gave up and didn't fight to the finish.

Without knowing all the particulars, though, he paid his way to the event, incurred all the expenses, and he can do as he pleases. He might have been ill from a bad meal, or maybe he was so tired from the erratic scheduling of simultaneous divisions that he would rather go back to the room and catch up on his sleep. Whatever his reason, it's his decision to make, and I don't fault him for it.

JPB2

wow, that's super unprofessional in sports. who wants to win like that.
Generally yes. But if the match was at the time of day I saw in the other thread….I’ll give him a pass. I don’t like quitting without injury etc.., but it’s hard to demand professionalism if they have you playing in the middle of the night after more than a full day’s play. That isn’t a professional event.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought it was a bit weak. but understandable after 18 hours of play that he's knackered, they all are. dcc scheduling is once again a bit of a clusterfk
We work 12hrs 6 days a week doing floors bud , come home and mow the grass , throw football with kids , cook dinner !!!! Big babies use to being catered to is all they are . Gotta man up sometimes…… I’m so happy he QUIT , made my day 💯…… Talkinv about long hrs and stress , give me a break

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren made post about it being a young man's event now and it shouldn't even classify as a ranking event.

Then Jayson replied

1706454143998.png

It would be interesting to know which top players said the same thing, and what percentage of them are over the age of 30