Shaw vs SVB updates

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Man, Shane's in that bad place all pool players know: he's not playing well *and* getting some shitty rolls. Pretty brutal.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB makes nice jump on 2 in corner but scratches in opposite corner. Shaw 58-33 and lead is 25

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw 64-36 for lead of 28. If Shaw continues at same rate, it could be mega blowout win by 50 racks.
It is an understatement to say this is not a competitive match :sleep:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Shaw 64-36 for lead of 28. If Shaw continues at same rate, it could be mega blowout win by 50 racks.
It is an understatement to say this is not a competitive match
Obviously Shane is burnt/tired out. Probably would rather be fishing.
Shaw needs this win way more than Shane does lol.
Shane has absolutely nothing to prove, having done well in tournament play and the Philippines over the past year, he's probably bored at this point of the Fall--- played a lot of competitive pool.
Shaw, on the other hand, not much competitive success lately other than the "pro/am" Turning Stone.
IMO, Shaw may even not be picked for Mosconi Cup.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB 44-65
Shaw led by 29 and SVB started making a run winning 8 straight to cut Shaw's lead down to 21

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I think the stream went down early, but Shane can’t break the 20 odd game lead. He’ll get within 20 and then make some bad error. Hard to see the path to victory unless Jayson totally goes off the rails and Shane catches some monster gear tomorrow.

Jayson is also playing well. He’s made some crazy shots and his jumping in particular has been good.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His top gear is something Shane hasn't hit in years. There's a reason SVB getting 10 games at least to get a bet.
That is a load of crap. Shane has been playing a lot better than Shaw and he has always played better than Shaw. SVB may be getting older but he is the World Champion. Shaw has not won many big tournaments anywhere (1 US Open), he is the king of Turning Stone. Big whoop. As far as high gear goes think back a couple months at the world 9 ball, under pressure, Shane comes back from 10-1 down to beat Mika in a race to 11. That my friend is a high gear that Shaw has never owned. He is good at the fun stuff, rarely gets it done under pressure.

Last edited:

PracticeChampion

Pools a funny game sometimes, svb can definitely catch a gear and shaws rolls start getting funny and bam it'll be even. If it gets even the match is over and svb wins

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a load of crap. Shane has been playing a lot better than Shaw and he has always played better than Shaw. SVB may be getting older but he is the World Champion. Shaw has not won many big tournaments anywhere (1 US Open), he is the king of Turning Stone. Big whoop. As far as high gear goes think back a couple months at the world 9 ball, under pressure, Shane comes back from 10-1 down to beat Mika in a race to 11. That my friend is a high gear that Shaw has never owned. He is good at the fun stuff, rarely gets it done under pressure.
Mika is a cream puff.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB has won his share of Turning Stones too, when he isn't quitting early like this past one....

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
No way Shaw wins from here.

You guys crack me up.
I'd say that Shaw is most asssuredly the favorite from here, but if you think there's no chance for Shane then give me 20-1 for $20 and I'll take him....

Jaden

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen SVB have a bad session, we all have. He needs some rest and he will be back 100%. I’m not guessing-I know him, and what his goals are. He just pushed it too hard(I can’t fault that) he’s exhausted and it caught up with him. There’s years of SVB left and nobody wants to draw him.

Dropping a session to Shaw is no embarrassment either.

I remember one night SVB beat Alex 40-20 at Cue Club in Vegas with around $75,000 in the middle. Alex looked like a ghost. SVB and I went to the Riv and cut up the $ it was a big corporation bet. So we counted everyone’s $ out for them.

I think the next time they played Alex won or it was close. It happens everybody. Can’t win them all. That Alex SVB match was in 2010 as I recall. I’d like to watch them play again.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Some of Hawaiian Brian's biggest scores were from a prior loss, to the same player.