Shaw

I'm sorry to read about Shaw's behavior at the Derby. The British culture may be a little different than American culture, i.e., grabbing the crotch. I've seen it happen in movies before, and it was just a dominance move, like one male dog humping another male dog. :embarrassed2:

I know firsthand what alcohol can do to one's personality. Some can still shoot well on alcohol, and others fold like a lawn chair.

Personally, I have always liked the pool rooms that served no alcohol. The atmosphere is more pool-centric. When you add alcohol to the mix, especially with gambling, it doesn't blend well sometimes.

Shaw is a young buck and still finding his way. He's had major life-changing happenings in his life, and I hope he learns to balance his work life (pool) with his home life (family).

In the end, pool is cool and all that, but it isn't very good to someone when they grow old alone and can't run a rack anymore. You find out who your friends really are.

Wishing Jayson Shaw the best, poor guy.

I do not know, but I imagine he has real true friends in his life, that really care about him (and if he does not, then that really would be sad). I think it is really hard to find real friends though (the type that would do almost anything for you, if you were in trouble for example).

This is so true. It happens to all of us.

It's impossible to have a productive back-and-forth on AzBilliards Discussion Forum anymore. The trolls continue to target their prey, and the prey quit posting. Trolls win. AzBilliards has less and less constructive dialogue and colloquy. The majority of serious-minded pool aficionados hang out on Facebook to avoid the B.S. that continues to happen here.

Yeah, I rarely see trolls on facebook discussions (about pool).

Whoa, Nellie! I never said I'm okay with it. I said I believe it is a cultural thing.

In the Czech Republic on Easter Monday, men go from house to house lightly whipping the women with braided willow branches to, apparently, imbue them with fertility. That would never fly here in the States, but it's a cultural thing. :eek:

You are really smart.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, and that is why I think that Prohibition was a good thing (and the ban on Alcohol should have never changed).

Boy you must be the life of the party. And you wonder why.......
I do not know, but he seemed pretty serious and sincere to me (when he was talking about it). He was blaming his phone, for not working right.

Well he probably tried his best - Imy sure sponsors / backers if he has any don't want to be hearing that stuff.

You couldn't be more wrong about Chip. Talk to him for 60 seconds and you will regret you posted this about him. Arrogant and confident are 2 different things.

Okay, I am sorry (to Chip). I should not say things about people who I do not know. Maybe he is a really nice guy, and very cool (to pool fans that he does not know, for example). I should not believe all hearsay about players, and not judge until I get my own opinion from personal experience.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Okay, I am sorry (to Chip). I should not say things about people who I do not know. Maybe he is a really nice guy, and very cool (to pool fans that he does not know, for example). I should not believe all hearsay about players, and not judge until I get my own opinion from personal experience.

wouldnt this be a good rule, generally, for all people? :wink:

you're lucky to have gone to DCC. wish I could have made it.

maybe next year...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
wouldnt this be a good rule, generally, for all people? :wink:

you're lucky to have gone to DCC. wish I could have made it.

maybe next year...

Brian, you HAVE to make the DCC this time.....it'll still be the Year of the Rooster

IMG_3219.JPG

I like your chances of making a few bucks

( that's me saying bye )

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omg

My daughter married a wonderful guy 20 years ago with Czec ancestry. I have spent many a night alone with him on moose and caribou hunts. I can't wait to ask him about old traditions! He will crack up.

"Simply put, alcohol is the worst drug out there and readily available to almost anyone!"

Hey Jay, you are right about alcohol, but jerks often give it a bad name and many more drink it with out negative reactions then do with negative actions. Just saying........

Back when I was a boss I never accepted an alarm clock as a reason for being late and I was never late from over sleeping in my entire work history. Being late is almost always a result of poor planning. Plain and simple.

I always had an electric and battery powered alarm set. If a match is important enough one will prioritize and not miss it, unless one has other issues.

Some times the best thing for a man is to man up, admit to screwing up, and stop making excuses. I had to do that more then once in my life and people forgave me.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My daughter married a wonderful guy 20 years ago with Czec ancestry. I have spent many a night alone with him on moose and caribou hunts. I can't wait to ask him about old traditions! He will crack up.

"Simply put, alcohol is the worst drug out there and readily available to almost anyone!"

Hey Jay, you are right about alcohol, but jerks often give it a bad name and many more drink it with out negative reactions then do with negative actions. Just saying........

Back when I was a boss I never accepted an alarm clock as a reason for being late and I was never late from over sleeping in my entire work history. Being late is almost always a result of poor planning. Plain and simple.

I always had an electric and battery powered alarm set. If a match is important enough one will prioritize and not miss it, unless one has other issues.

Some times the best thing for a man is to man up, admit to screwing up, and stop making excuses. I had to do that more then once in my life and people forgave me.

Not to mention ; which I'm really surprised no one has, the time honored dreadful hotel wake up call available free of charge to every single room in the hotel. I have used them many times and I can assure you each and every time I wanted nothing more than to smash that hotel phone into a million pieces --- but I was up and that is the point! Speculation on my part as obviously I was not in his room but my money would be on drunk / hungover scenario. I am guilty of this too as I'm sure many of us are - but it was on my own money and mine alone. My first " big " tournament and I was 16. It was a two day tourney. First day eliminations, second final day everyone was in the money. Not gonna lie, I played over my head and I made it to day two and beet people I probably had no business beet in at that time e. Well, I was very excited , thrilled, pumped up, whatever and it was Saturday night so the party was on in my room for sure! Yup, " overslept " and got dq'd and took bottom money. Kinda bummed but not really. I was just proud I did what I did and gambling I made more than the tourney paid while it was still going on during the second day. Did well enough kept the roo for another night and had an epic after party not to be forgotten!!!! Good timez!

Boy you must be the life of the party. And you wonder why.......

Well he probably tried his best - Imy sure sponsors / backers if he has any don't want to be hearing that stuff.

I only said that because I understand all the bad that alcohol has caused, and will always cause, as long as it is around. Look at how many people have died due to alcohol. Look at all the bad things (in the past) that it has caused. It is poison, for the body, and the mind. Reminds me of maybe the greatest pool player of all time, Ralph Greenleaf. I think I remember reading that alcohol really messed him up.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa, Nellie! I never said I'm okay with it. I said I believe it is a cultural thing.

In the Czech Republic on Easter Monday, men go from house to house lightly whipping the women with braided willow branches to, apparently, imbue them with fertility. That would never fly here in the States, but it's a cultural thing. :eek:

WHOA, this is not that kinda place.:eek:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems pretty silly to be getting wasted the night before you have an AM match. Maybe he just did not care, and figured that he could roll over anyone no matter what condition he was in.

Pool player is one of a very small number of 'jobs' that one can get wasted every day and do.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Finally...pictorial evidence of the nature of Jayson's wake-up call...

IMG_0222.JPG

He was sleep shooting

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
So it appears Jayson has taken a proper step to publicly apologize for his actions. Got this on Facebook

Jayson Shaw offers an apology to Michael DeLawder

I personally applaud Jayson for standing up to this it takes a man to admit his wrongs .

"Just got back from the DCC. There are some gossip and rumors circulating about me at the DCC. I just want to sincerely apologize for my actions to those who took them the wrong way; especially to Michael DeLawder. Mike and I have been friends and I did not mean any harm by what I have done. I was acting careless and goofing around. We were out celebrating my buddy Chris Melling's birthday when this whole ordeal started. I did not mean to offend you or get you in trouble, Mike. I thought we were all friends and just having a laugh and just a good time. You know I would never intentionally try to hurt you. I did mean for any of this to happen. I hope we can still remain friends. I truly apologize if I have offended and hurt you in any way Mike. I have tried to contact you and get a hold of you the following day but no answer so I am publicly apologizing to you. Hope I can hear back from you buddy "

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Chip is a good guy. Super friendly. When I was working in Vegas we played some one pocket together and had a couple of cold ones. Cool guy for sure. I wish him the best.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Again, it is a cultural thing. I always wondered why the Scots wear skirts. Now I know.

I'm not a fan of drinking and playing pool There's only a few players who can drink and shoot pool. I know one very well. :grin-square:

Tony Drago is another who can shoot pool and drink. Sandor Tot is another one.

These young Brits are still small fries. They're sowing their oats. Jayson will rise past this and move on. Hopefully, he will grow up and learn from his mistakes. We've all made mistakes in life and done things we were ashamed of. The difference is pro pool players have a magnifying glass on them known as AzBilliards judging every move they made.

When Steve Knight and Imran Majid first came over in 2000 playing the Billiard Channel Tour it was amazing how well those 2 played while absolutely SMASHED drunk. Imran remained as classy as ever but Steve got to be a bit mouthy, nothing crazy but his confidence swelled up and crossed into the "obnoxious" territory sometimes.

Neil

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it appears Jayson has taken a proper step to publicly apologize for his actions. Got this on Facebook

Jayson Shaw offers an apology to Michael DeLawder

I personally applaud Jayson for standing up to this it takes a man to admit his wrongs .

"Just got back from the DCC. There are some gossip and rumors circulating about me at the DCC. I just want to sincerely apologize for my actions to those who took them the wrong way; especially to Michael DeLawder. Mike and I have been friends and I did not mean any harm by what I have done. I was acting careless and goofing around. We were out celebrating my buddy Chris Melling's birthday when this whole ordeal started. I did not mean to offend you or get you in trouble, Mike. I thought we were all friends and just having a laugh and just a good time. You know I would never intentionally try to hurt you. I did mean for any of this to happen. I hope we can still remain friends. I truly apologize if I have offended and hurt you in any way Mike. I have tried to contact you and get a hold of you the following day but no answer so I am publicly apologizing to you. Hope I can hear back from you buddy "

First, let me start by congratulating Jason Shaw for standing up and being a man and apologizin in public. Beyond that I am a little Co fused and know that I ( we ) all ,is sing a big part of the story. The reason I say this is because obviously this all unfolded on tape in great detail and Mike Delaware in fact is the one barred from Horeshoe ( supposedly for life ? ??? ) and NOT Jason Shaw ( not even for the night????) That right there " should " tell us this guy Mike was the aggressor and Jason was the victim just defending himself ( hell, who knows, maybe they have a self defense course across the pond for the ladies that specializes their attackers by " grabbing their junk "???? Who knows ) .

So my question is other than some type of PR move, what could Jason possibly apologizin for ?While certainly not identical and should not be used in a serious discussion for legal defense, the idea is the same as the law describing " self - denose " Paraphrasing but basically only using the minimal amount of force to stop the aggressor ; aggressive action and nothing more. For instance if they were passing by one another and this guy purposely bumps into Jason, Jason can not unload 17 caps into this guy lol. ( This of course varies widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction . Does anyone have the full, accurate account of what EXACTLY transpired ?

Quockly, this reminds me of something that happened to me in a pool roomy once. I was 16, my home pool room which I was in literally ever day was Running Out Billiards over in Dundalk. I got in action with Dirt Ball John. Dirt Ball John had a hot girlfriend that I liked and she liked me. He was like 19 or so. I pretty sure this was his motivation to play me. Anyway, I busted him out for his whopping $100 bucks , while the WHO time his girl was talking and overtly flirting with me throughout the wholeft matcn. Upon comp,etiology he WAS NOT HAPPY. OH WELL. He started getting loud and eventually so did I cause you just can't let everyone see someone talking to you any old kinda way. The houseman told us to take it " outside ". I am 100% positive he did not mean to fight, but rather to have our " discussion. Well exactly one step outside the door to the pool room he pulled his blade on me. As soon as someone pulls a weapon on you a light switch simultaneously gets flipped ( as it should EVERY TIME ) and now I think " this guy is trying to kill me " !!!.

So automatically I go into self preservation mode. I immediately disarmed him. I them proceeded to beat him till he moved no more. When the cops came I refused to make any statememts. Between videos and witness statements I was not charged --- clearly self defense. I'm guessing this is what must have happened with Shaw and Mike. We BOTH received being barred for LIFE because fighting was a zero tolerance at this establishment , regardless of self defense, did not matter. Luckily for me I both knew the right people AND most importantly they like me lold and could not stand Dirt Ball John 😊 I do think maybe something along these lines went down .