"Short Bus" Russ

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
"Short Bus" Russ is back from two years of a civiclian contract work in Iraq and has $200,000 burning a hole in his pocket.

It was quicky pointed out to me that he was seen making the rounds in local rooms 'looking for tournaments'. It doesn't take much fishing skill at all to reel him in. He'll fall for any of the old standard hustles and once his nose is open, he'll cast off all lines and go off a sailing...... :)
Try any live bait or new shiny lure to get this wary old bass to come crashing up out of the lily pads and empty out.. (remember to throw him back, to be caught again another day) imo

Doug
( be on the lookout in Tampa, St. Pete, Lakeland, Orlando and Central Florida for the more wizened, always vigilant, improved 'C' player, Short Bus Russ and don't forget my 10% steering fee )

*Who has his "You'd better play better than a shortstop" quote and his picture to put in this thread?

Last edited:

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
You'd better play better than a shortstop"

I had it for a long while,but no more....funny shayt.

I wish him well.I haven't noticed him posting lately.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

Thanks to Rubyron for pointing out that NYC Cue Dude has Russ' quote in his signature.........and here it is in all it's glory:

"You had better pray to God you play stronger than shortstop speed if your gonna woof at me, buddy."

Russ "Short Bus" Chewning, 'C' player.

Doug
:)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Thanks to Rubyron for pointing out that NYC Cue Dude has Russ' quote in his signature.........and here it is in all it's glory:

"You had better pray to God you play stronger than shortstop speed if your gonna woof at me, buddy."

Russ "Short Bus" Chewning, 'C' player.

Doug
:)

Here you go Doug:

russ%20bus.jpg

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
I think Russ got schooled pretty quickly at DCC last year in the AZ room and has been eating humble pie ever since.

Will he be back? :D

was the first to use this as my signature, the day the quote occurred. Truth is, I forgot (haven't noticed) that it's still there. LOL

Maybe it's time for a change?

Rg

Edit, just looked and it's not there. Rubyron, how did you know/remember that was my sig? How long has it been gone?

Last edited:

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
.....and over to ABC News for a newsflash......a full scale riot is developing outside a popular billiards hall frequented by New York Cue Dude. Several hundred salesmen opticians are battling it out with an army of pool hustlers to get access to him before he finds his missing specs.

"He isn't even here" said one pool player from inside the barricaded hall, requesting to stay anonymous, "but the enthusiasm of the opticians is understandable. The last time he went missing without his specs we found him in the Starbucks two doors away trying to carom a chocolate mousse off a meringue into the hole in a doughnut and complaining the tables were running slow":smile:

Ha ha ha. I just figured it out. I hardly use a computer anymore, as I am addicted to my iPhone. I remember that I turned off the avatars so it wouldn't take that long to load. I must have turned off the sigs too, BECAUSE ITS STILL NOT THERE. LOL

We're both right.

Rg

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
How Long Will It Take To Lose $200,000 at $20 A Game ????

I need to clarify my original post. I don't want to mislead someone that Russ is walking around with his $200,000 total net worth in his pocket. He is still carrying less than $100 ON HIM and he gets the rest $20 at a time from the ATM (after every game)........ :)

Doug
(on cloudy days, try a surface plug........and make plenty of noise with it)

*I hope that Russ doesn't think I dislike him, because I'm busting his balls.... imo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He carries a Rubick's Cube (sp?) in his case. He was mouthing off like he was "good" at it so I said "bet." I can't believe he didn't throw that thing away yet. He needed a funnel for all the humble pie on that one.

Many hours wasted as a 10-year old paid off on that one :) Paid for my DCC meals for 2 days.

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
"Short Bus" Russ is back from two years of a civiclian contract work in Iraq and has $200,000 burning a hole in his pocket.

It was quicky pointed out to me that he was seen making the rounds in local rooms 'looking for tournaments'. It doesn't take much fishing skill at all to reel him in. He'll fall for any of the old standard hustles and once his nose is open, he'll cast off all lines and go off a sailing...... :)
Try any live bait or new shiny lure to get this wary old bass to come crashing up out of the lily pads and empty out.. (remember to throw him back, to be caught again another day) imo

Doug
( be on the lookout in Tampa, St. Pete, Lakeland, Orlando and Central Florida for the more wizened, always vigilant, improved 'C' player, Short Bus Russ and don't forget my 10% steering fee )

*Who has his "You'd better play better than a shortstop" quote and his picture to put in this thread?

Hey Doug, I was up at Strokers last night and I was playing a guy named Russ in 9ball (just friendly games, no money). He said he has been looking for tournaments to play in. It was the first time I had ever seen him up there but I'm pretty sure he will be at Strokers tonight for the 9ball tournament.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Don't Chop Him Down All At Once

stevea said:
Hey Doug, I was up at Strokers last night and I was playing a guy named Russ in 9ball (just friendly games, no money). He said he has been looking for tournaments to play in. It was the first time I had ever seen him up there but I'm pretty sure he will be at Strokers tonight for the 9ball tournament.

That's him. How'd you do for free ?
You may have let a Super Score slip through your fingers...... or, you may have set the trap for TONIGHT. :)

Doug
(till the soil, prune him and pluck him slowly and you may get many seasons from him)

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
That's him. How'd you do for free ?
You may have let a Super Score slip through your fingers...... or, you may have set the trap for TONIGHT. :)

Doug
(till the soil, prune him and pluck him slowly and you may get many seasons from him)

I did fine, I'm not really a money player yet. 9ball is not my strong game, I'd play him 8ball but I don't think he would have. Anyways there were some people watching cause no one knew him, so maybe there will be some money games tonight.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I need to clarify my original post. I don't want to mislead someone that Russ is walking around with his $200,000 total net worth in his pocket. He is still carrying less than $100 ON HIM and he gets the rest $20 at a time from the ATM (after every game)........ :)

Doug
(on cloudy days, try a surface plug........and make plenty of noise with it)

*I hope that Russ doesn't think I dislike him, because I'm busting his balls.... imo

That's not very good money management, most ATMs in pool halls would charge 1-2 buck fee, plus your own bank may tack on a fee. Better off to take out a few hundred at once. At least you only loose that and save the $20 in extra fees.

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
hang-the-9 said:
That's not very good money management, most ATMs in pool halls would charge 1-2 buck fee, plus your own bank may tack on a fee. Better off to take out a few hundred at once. At least you only loose that and save the $20 in extra fees.

go fish, hang-the-russ, and politely advise him of your ATM tactics.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
hang-the-9 said:

Russ doesn't sweat the ATM fees, because he nevers plans on LOSING.

Doug

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
stevea said:

Hey Steve,

Yah, that was me. You didn't notice the "Short Bus Russ" case? :)

Now you can verify for all the hustlers out there that I really am little more than a C player, and I really do need lots of weight. That Taz kid at Stroker's? Ima skeered of him!:eek:

Russ