Should Earl be ejected given the "evidence"

Based on the new "Video", should Earl be ejected?

• Total voters

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Should Earl be disqualified for unsportsman like conduct? The video clearly shows him calling the 2 ball!

Based on the "new" video evidence that clearly shows Earl's unsportsman like conduct, he should have some consequence for "Lying" about what actually happened!!!

KD

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should Earl be disqualified for unsportsman like conduct? The video clearly shows him calling the 2 ball!

Based on the "new" video evidence that clearly shows Earl's unsportsman like conduct, he should have some consequence for "Lying" about what actually happened!!!

KD

You better catch up on your reading. A few other details come into play. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would venture to guess that Earl's favor would be American votes, and all the European AzB-ers will be voting for Jayson.

Earl snarled Jayson the entire match, preceding the "shot". The rules clearly state an opposing player sit quietly in their designated chair while your opponent shoots. Earl actually removed himself from the playing area and sat, literally, on the other side of the room for half the match. That's why he wasn't on stream when Nayson was t shooting, he wasn't there. Everyone tried tLking to Earl but he would not go back. Of the 2.5 hour match, Earl spent an hour out of the playing area. He should've been warned and disqualified way before the controversy. That is incredibly bad sportsmanship and the ultimate sharking move. (Yes, I was there)

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl snarled Jayson the entire match, preceding the "shot". The rules clearly state an opposing player sit quietly in their designated chair while your opponent shoots. Earl actually removed himself from the playing area and sat, literally, on the other side of the room for half the match. That's why he wasn't on stream when Nayson was t shooting, he wasn't there. Everyone tried tLking to Earl but he would not go back. Of the 2.5 hour match, Earl spent an hour out of the playing area. He should've been warned and disqualified way before the controversy. That is incredibly bad sportsmanship and the ultimate sharking move. (Yes, I was there)
If he was across the room the entire match. I doubt his snarl bothered Jayson much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member

Just wondering....given Earl's "career highlights" was there perhaps an agreement between the parties and the ref that would allow Earl to be away from the table. The point being, if Earl is perceived as snarling when he must be there, why make him be there more than necessary ? Also, there are spectators who try to push Earl's buttons. I would like to know if Mr. Shaw considered Earl's seating choice a sharking move; I know I would not be bothered.:scratchhead:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also if Earl was across the room. I assume he trusted Jayson to be honest since he might not be in ear shot if Jayson had to call a shot. He would also have to assume that if Jayson continued to shoot after making a ball. Even if he called the wrong ball by accident. That Jayson knew what he meant and would keep shooting. Since the ref didn't play a big part. He had to take Jayson at his word.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity???

If lying is not un-sportsman like conduct, then what is???

If lying is un-sportsman like conduct then what should be the punishment for lying to a "Referee" ???

Everyone screams about cleaning up the sport and the poll say's keep it in the gutter, I am a little confused about what the public wants in the way of player conduct???

KD

marknyc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KD

Link to the video?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes,

Lied to the Referee

KD

I didn't see the lie. I saw one video where Earl called the 2 and Jayson got up and called him on it and Earl didn't deny it, and then another video where they're sitting there and the ref is talking. Can you link to the video where Earl said "I called the 10?"

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I didn't see the lie. I saw one video where Earl called the 2 and Jayson got up and called him on it and Earl didn't deny it, and then another video where they're sitting there and the ref is talking. Can you link to the video where Earl said "I called the 10?"

https://www.facebook.com/arturo.reyes.104855/videos/10154118342558401/

first 1 to 2 minutes Earl stands and says "I didn't call NO ball"

and near the end the Referee says he has conflicting stories and was forced to rely on the video!

KD

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity???

If lying is not un-sportsman like conduct, then what is???

If lying is un-sportsman like conduct then what should be the punishment for lying to a "Referee" ???

Everyone screams about cleaning up the sport and the poll say's keep it in the gutter, I am a little confused about what the public wants in the way of player conduct???

KD

What is unsportmanship conduct? Maybe the way Jayson started the match, when Earl racked and Jayson re-racked the balls without even looking at them. Maybe Jayson jumping up out of his chair to call a foul when the ref was sitting right next to him. Maybe Jayson wanting to start a fight right there.

You talk about cleaning up the sport. Granted, it surely needs to be done. But, part of that is the fans need cleaning up also. One thing that could be done by the fans is to actually present all the facts, and not just start threads to gang up on a particular player and never say a word about the other player, or about the ref that was totally asleep at the wheel.

What every one seems to be missing, is what constitutes calling a ball. One doesn't have to verbally call it, they can also indicate with their cue what their intentions are. Which, in this case, Earl did do. While stating the 2 ball, he was pointing at the ten and then motioned to the corner with his cue. So, actually, he called both balls. Funny how everyone wants to totally dismiss the actual rules on what actually happened. And instead, just jump at another chance to bash Earl.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/arturo.reyes.104855/videos/10154118342558401/

first 1 to 2 minutes Earl stands and says "I didn't call NO ball"

and near the end the Referee says he has conflicting stories and was forced to rely on the video!

KD

Yeah he was forced to rely on the video from the stream. If he would have had the video that was posted on Facebook he could have used that information and made a different ruling. I think he made the right ruling with the information he had. Whoever took this video should have given it to Jayson to give to John then this might all be different.