Sigel vs Strickland

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I’ll unload on Earl in a mile foot race.....so I kinda like Earl in this match.
Prime vs prime...I feel Mike was the better all rounder...but not at nine ball.

Mike was definitely the better all-around player of the two. I'm pretty sure Sigel won just as many 9-ball tournaments as Earl as well.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Yep Earl has a run of over 400 in 14.1. Only a handful of guys in history can claim that even if he wasn't a straight pool player like Sigel was.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I'm definitely a Sigel fan,
but don't think for a minute that these 2 are above having an agreement walking in that they're going to split the purse regardless of the outcome
+ get paid from whatever their arrangement is for the door & stream money...and it's not like these 2 haven't done that before.
These guys are Capitalists way before they're pool players.

Regardless, I'm so pumped for this. Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Last edited:

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I watched a few frames from Mike's 200K game vs Reyes.

This guy can't pot a ball.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm definitely a Sigel fan,
but don't think for a minute that these 2 are above having an agreement walking in that they're going to split the purse regardless of the outcome
+ get paid from whatever their arrangement is for the door & stream money...and it's not like these 2 haven't done that before.
These guys are Capitalists way before they're pool players.

Regardless, I'm so pumped for this. Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Good call Steve. At the end of the day this is just an exhibition and a payday for these two guys.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good call Steve. At the end of the day this is just an exhibition and a payday for these two guys.

Each is being paid an appearance fee, AFAIK
They will play six different matches:
8-ball
9-ball
10-ball
1-pocket
banks
The best part of the event will be the audio of The Mouth vs. The Pearl.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Each is being paid an appearance fee, AFAIK
They will play six different matches:
8-ball
9-ball
10-ball
1-pocket
banks

Is there any incentive for either one of them to win?

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member

And each of them, both of them, absolutely know that.
The love or hate people have for these 2 guys (and it's a fine line, lol) has nothing to do, in most cases, with their ability at the game, it's their unique take on gamesmanship & sportsmanship.
There are many whose game I respect and marvel at, but I don't own any DVDs of their play nor would I pay money to watch them play. It's sizzle sometimes, not the steak..

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would definitely have to give the edge to Earl here. He's still the more active player and still plays against world class competition. Not sure how active Mike Sigel has been since he moved from Maryland, but I will say I saw him shoot around a few times at Champions in Frederick, MD a few years ago and he was still a great player but I suspect far from his peak. Having said that he will always a be a great player until the day he dies, but a real competition between the two at this point shouldn't be close.