Siming Chen

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Siming Chen has shot up to #41 in the world among men and women. She is the #1 female in the world and there are only 40 humans above her skill level, and she is still young and improving.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That and 3bucks still wont get her a cup of coffee;)

I for 1 believe women are every bit as capable as men in pursuing the cue sports.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming Chen has shot up to #41 in the world among men and women. She is the #1 female in the world and there are only 40 humans above her Fargo Rate, and she is still young and improving.

I fixed your post. She is very talented.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tournament fields she is competing and getting paid by are much different then the field the average male professional is playing in.

There was a lot of noise recently when McEnroe said Serena Williams would be 700th in the world if she competed with the men in pro tennis.
After all the huffing and puffing, they find the Letterman interview with her where she said it's a completely different game in the men's division, more power, more spin, etc. And admitted she would be no where near the top on the pro tour.

I would love to see Siming Chen compete for a full season on the men's euro tour.
Maybe even a full season on the joss northeast 9-ball tour.

After watching Karen Corr compete at the highest levels on the men's tour, im most certain women can compete. But can they ever break the top 50 in the world if playing only men's division tournaments? I'd like to see her attempt it for sure.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
She plays even with skylar woodward if that gives you any indication of her speed, but shes trending up and so is he

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She plays even with skylar woodward if that gives you any indication of her speed, but shes trending up and so is he

lmao. You have never been to sharp. (You did give me the 7 or 8 ball, I recall)
Can you get her over here to play him, like yesterday.
She could probably make more then all them tournaments she has to win

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Humm that "Boy" might have a harder time than you think playing her she plays every bit as good as she looks that's a few games on the wire right there

If that was a joke, then haha.

Otherwise, that is a real joke.

Somebody shuff's speed is hijacking all woman pros in all sets, unless the are to single digits...and I'd say sky is playing better rotation than shuff at this time.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay said years ago Simeng is capable of winning a men's event. Not the favorite of course but if she entered a bunch, she might win one.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
She could win several shes a solid 782 and continuing to climb. Even most men arent a 782 or higher there are 3 or 4 american men that could compete at her level

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She could win several shes a solid 782 and continuing to climb. Even most men arent a 782 or higher there are 3 or 4 american men that could compete at her level

I'm starting to think you're just having fun with us. Well played!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that was a joke, then haha.

Otherwise, that is a real joke.

Somebody shuff's speed is hijacking all woman pros in all sets, unless the are to single digits...and I'd say sky is playing better rotation than shuff at this time.

WPA 9 on the spot 9 ball , Sky doesn't have to like it ,,Brandon or his speed you got action

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

If all the tournaments I entered had a bunch of D players then my Fargo Rate would also be a 782.

P.S. I play even with Shane VanBoening, he doesn't know it yet though because we've never played a game together.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If all the tournaments I entered had a bunch of D players then my Fargo Rate would also be a 782.

P.S. I play even with Shane VanBoening, he doesn't know it yet though because we've never played a game together.

No it wouldn't-You can't get a high rating by beating low rated players. The whole system is based on the level of players that you beat and who they have beaten.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it wouldn't-You can't get a high rating by beating low rated players. The whole system is based on the level of players that you beat and who they have beaten.

Do you think this young lady's rating would be as high as it is if she were sharing the table with Orcullo, SVB, Alex, Thorsten, etc on the reg?