Smokin aces

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to sky Woodward taking down the smoking aces tourney! This kid is just incredible and how is he not a contender for a mosconi cup spot? Not trying to dwell on that topic lol. But this young man as the making to be a world champion in my opinion

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
congrats to sky Woodward taking down the smoking aces tourney! This kid is just incredible and how is he not a contender for a mosconi cup spot? Not trying to dwell on that topic lol. But this young man as the making to be a world champion in my opinion

I'm sure he will get a look next year but it was great tourney glad I got too be there

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

His 9 ft game is not as strong as his bar table game
Mosc cup is on the 9 ft

Ollie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok please don't everybody go crazy.... Sky plays awesome on a bar box and has some heart!!! But on a big track no way!!! And I'm sure he plays ok on em but that fast and loose hit the 2nd diamond ball go in stuff ain't gonna fly!!! The MOSCONI CUP is a whole different breed!!! There's more pressure in that event than any pro has ever felt!!! Let the kid grow and don't throw him to the wolves because he's hot right now!!! Lets appreciate him for his ability and his heart on a bar box!!! But for the MOSCONI cup no way u do that to him u might ruin him. Let him get some seasoning on the big track!!! Hes better off playing 2k races or the finals of a major on a big track!!! But the MOSCONI CUP will eat this kid alive!!! Letting ur whole team/country down is a whole different animal!!! And SKY u have been a pleasure to watch!!!! I'm a fan!!! This is not a knock on u!!! Keep doing what ur doing because u are a delight to watch and a very good young man from everything I've heard and read!! I wish u great success and a healthy future!! Congratulations on ur win!!!!

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Well if he isn't that good on a 9 foot table, I bet he will be soon.

Congratulations Sky!!!!

--Jeff

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Hmm

I am sure he plays jam up on a big table

Wedge

Last edited:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree..., for the most part

Ok please don't everybody go crazy.... Sky plays awesome on a bar box and has some heart!!! But on a big track no way!!! And I'm sure he plays ok on em but that fast and loose hit the 2nd diamond ball go in stuff ain't gonna fly!!! The MOSCONI CUP is a whole different breed!!! There's more pressure in that event than any pro has ever felt!!! Let the kid grow and don't throw him to the wolves because he's hot right now!!! Lets appreciate him for his ability and his heart on a bar box!!! But for the MOSCONI cup no way QUOTE]

He plays good on the big track too..., but not good enough for the big show, not yet. I hope that he and Little D, Hall, Bergmen, Josh Roberts, Klatt, Shaw and the rest of the young guns continue to push through and represent to the game, here in this country we NEED THEM!!

Ollie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only said prove it cause he said two years ago he tortured Strickland on a 10 ft!! They must have erased it!!! I don't hate!! He's a great player with a bright future I hope cause ill be watching!!! BARBOX!!! REMEMBER BARBOX PLAYER!!

Ollie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Big T !! I'm pretty sure he's tough on all equipment but SVB would torture him on a big track in any game!!! He's still too young for MOSCONI CUP in that hostile environment on a big track. Shit race to 5 anybody is nervous lol

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
He plays good on the fisher price table. Big table is a different beast.

I am sure he plays jam up on a big table

Wedge

Well this is the lingering question. He seems like a fine young man & while this isn't a judgement, it is an observation. They don't play the Super Bowl on an Arena football league field, the Wimbledon Championships on a squash court or the Masters Golf Championship on a 9 hole course full of par 3's or NASCAR championships on a go kart track. You don't see the packages put together on big tables like you do on bar boxes & and you don't see balls hit the rail at the second diamond go in the hole on them either. He's a fine young player but when he dominates its always on a box, it's a different game. Congrats on his win & wish him the best but matches like this need to be played on full sized tables, not the training wheel version, it's just not the same game. Sorry not sorry.

Last edited:

Ollie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colonel u r so right!!! Not taking away from him but on a big track I don't think so

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show a little class...

Don't under estimate him.

He plays great on big table too.

Why some nit wit wants to say something negative about someone that just won a tournament sounds like an ..... whatever.

If you cant say something nice, for this young champion just keep you mouth shut. He is a gentleman and displays class. THAT is something that the last group sure hasn't shown.

We need more young classy champions like Skyler.

Ken

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
One thing I know is that he is a banking fool and shoots straight as hell. No body has to like him on a BB now and I'm sure he'll pick up the 9' tables very quickly if he starts playing them a lot more. If I was killing them on a BB and could get plenty of action on them at 22 yo I'd say F... the 9 footer too. There will come a time very shortly that BB action will dry up for him and he will be forced to play more on the 9'. What makes him so dangerous on a BB right now is if you leave him something to bank he'll kill you. If I was him I'd try and make games with no Jumpers. Then his banking skills would really show up. Johnnyt

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member

Why some nit wit wants to say something negative about someone that just won a tournament sounds like an ..... whatever.

If you cant say something nice, for this young champion just keep you mouth shut. He is a gentleman and displays class. THAT is something that the last group sure hasn't shown.

Ken

Well put Ken!

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member

Ken

Well I am someone that raised the question in this thread. I also said he seems like a fine young man & offered congratulations on his win. He is a classy young guy & he may very well have a big table game but he needs to establish that. His history is dominance on a box & I don't feel it's negative to point that out. To some that's an asterisk, I'm one of those, I've given comparisons in my 1st post & I stand by them. You don't see large packages on big tables like on BB's nor do you see balls hit the rail 2 diamonds up get in the hole on large tables. All congrats in the world for his win, he's a nice guy & all that but dominate on a big table and you'll get everyone's attention, it's just the way it is. BB's should be reserved for bars, APA leagues & the like, not for judging champion caliber play, it's simply a different game. Sorry not sorry.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Well I am someone that raised the question in this thread. I also said he seems like a fine young man & offered congratulations on his win. He is a classy young guy & he may very well have a big table game but he needs to establish that. His history is dominance on a box & I don't feel it's negative to point that out. To some that's an asterisk, I'm one of those, I've given comparisons in my 1st post & I stand by them. You don't see large packages on big tables like on BB's nor do you see balls hit the rail 2 diamonds up get in the hole on large tables. All congrats in the world for his win, he's a nice guy & all that but dominate on a big table and you'll get everyone's attention, it's just the way it is. BB's should be reserved for bars, APA leagues & the like, not for judging champion caliber play, it's simply a different game. Sorry not sorry.

Well said. Sky is a beast on the bar box but I've seen him play on the big table. And while he could give me out of rotation on either one I have to agree that his big table game isn't near the level of his barbox game.

None the less he is sure awesome to watch on that barbox. Congrats on a great win and I can't wait to see how much he continues to improve.

BigFish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky plays well on 9 footers, but just not nearly as well as his bar box prowess. See results for Memphis Open a few weeks ago, Bergman and Hennessee put him out in two matches.