Smoky Mtn Shootout...who is going?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I was just checking to see who is planning to go to the Shootout this year.
Check in if you are gonna be making it to Waynesville, it is the last weekend of this month.

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member
We will be there with kids in tow...actually just Coop! Getting excited to see everyone. This is one of my favorite tournaments to attend. It is a charity tournament with the bulk of the money going to the Arc of Haywood County for crippled childen! Gary Caldwell, Mike Gulyassy, and the rest of the nice folks that put on the tournament do a fantastic job year after year. See ya'll in a few weeks!

:)

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Thanks for starting this thread, Ktown. I was hoping someone would start one soon...

It's my favorite tournament too, Marge. I'm afraid there's gonna be a little sadness in the air this year, though. Gary Caldwell started the tournament for his daughter 15 years or so ago at the armory in Waynesville and it has grown by leaps and bounds. I got word from someone that Gary's daughter died a few months ago, I think now in her early 20s from her sickness.

I'm not gonna play, but I will definitely be up Saturday to see everyone. It is like a family reunion. I see folks there that I don't see anywhere else all year.

It is a great tournament for a great cause...

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'll be there been every year great tournament and for a good cause like mike t saying you see people there that you don't see for a year sorry to hear about gary daughter also be sad because wade crane won't be with us :(:thumbup:

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
It has been a full 128 entries for weeks. Larry Nevel, Brian White, Shannon Daulton, Keith Bennet, Scott Rabon, Ron Parks just to mention a few.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Hey Daniel, I think I can make it on Sunday. Who all from around Knoxville is going? Matt D.

Hard to tell.

I know Victor will be there if he is feeling well. Russ Edwards is coming with me and dad. The older feller Arthur is usually there watching and Lawrence said he was gonna come for a day and spectate.

Not too many people in Knoxville willing to let go of a 100 a couple of months in advance. That is the reason pool is about dead here.

wade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the process of training my cue but I will be there as usual:)

Banker1978

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to tell.

I know Victor will be there if he is feeling well. Russ Edwards is coming with me and dad. The older feller Arthur is usually there watching and Lawrence said he was gonna come for a day and spectate.

Not too many people in Knoxville willing to let go of a 100 a couple of months in advance. That is the reason pool is about dead here.

Yeah, it's too bad. I'd love to be playing more if I only had time. I wish Robby would play in it, I guess poker is quicker action.. Is Hennessee not going with you all?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Yeah, it's too bad. I'd love to be playing more if I only had time. I wish Robby would play in it, I guess poker is quicker action.. Is Hennessee not going with you all?

Henny is staying in Manchester. He has his place open and he is there most of the time unless there is a pretty big event going on.

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for starting this thread, Ktown. I was hoping someone would start one soon...

It's my favorite tournament too, Marge. I'm afraid there's gonna be a little sadness in the air this year, though. Gary Caldwell started the tournament for his daughter 15 years or so ago at the armory in Waynesville and it has grown by leaps and bounds. I got word from someone that Gary's daughter died a few months ago, I think now in her early 20s from her sickness.

I'm not gonna play, but I will definitely be up Saturday to see everyone. It is like a family reunion. I see folks there that I don't see anywhere else all year.

It is a great tournament for a great cause...
Mike, I have been to every single one of them, I think this is the 22nd one. Always one of my favorites. I got the message about Gary's daughter some time back also. Man I hate that, Gary is definently good people.:(:(

1344fry

Registered
I heard a rumor that they were not doing the wheelchair event again this year. Right now it is a rumor but if you know for sure either way please let me know.

Post #22, sooooooo close.