Smorgass Bored Update

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
That's all the news I have. Barb needed to be brief but wanted to share the news.

At least it was some great news, finally.

WHEW! Glad that part is over.

Now if he can lay still for another 4 hours of recovery. I bet they will just shoot him up with some stuff if he gets to wanting to wiggle. :D

JoeyA

Thanks JoeyA
I pray for Smorg everyday. Glad to hear the good news.
Jeff

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Joey! You and Doug are two of the "good ones"!!! I'll be thinking of the Smorgie one today, as usual.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Joey

Please keep the updates rolling. Dropping 23 pounds of fluids is great. Hopefully that will continue and relief some pressure.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I heard a rumor from VA today. There's a patient there that was having a procedure. They were scoping around his chest and low and behold, they found 2 hearts!

Doug's got a lotta heart!

;)

Great news!!! I sure hope this opens the door to treatment that'll bring Smorg back to "extra spicey" again! TY Joey!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
That's all the news I have. Barb needed to be brief but wanted to share the news.

At least it was some great news, finally.

WHEW! Glad that part is over.

Now if he can lay still for another 4 hours of recovery. I bet they will just shoot him up with some stuff if he gets to wanting to wiggle. :D

JoeyA

Thanks so much Joey. Little steps forward on a long road.... but they are steps FORWARD and that's really good news.

:groucho: :groucho: :groucho: Three :groucho: Groucho's. It don't get no better than that.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Poolplaya9 said:
Here is my post from another thread:

Speaking of which, I just decided to check the rep list and Smorg has been bumped out of the #1 spot!

That is an absolute travesty. For those that would like to help get him back into the #1 spot to stay here is the link to his posts that can be repped:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/search...archid=2466357

PLAYA,

Rep, rankings, etc., as currently played on AZ are a GAME....nothing more, nothing less. Unless retired current and future #1's will be surplanted, sooner or later. It's the nature of GAMES.

Doug will always have a place in many of our hearts which transcends rankings.

PEACE:smile:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Doug's Going Home

Doug managed to finish the procedure. It was very long and arduous. The doctor's comments at this time were vague. Doug is going home today.

Friday, all of the doctor's will meet together to discuss the procedure and where they go from there, if anywhere.

Doug has lost more fluids but is no longer on the intravaneous lasix and will be on the pills. The fluid removal has now slowed and lots of unanswered questions remain about his condition.

Hopefully in the next few days the doctors will give him some information that will determine what happens next if anything.

I was kind of surprised that the doctors were vague but that's what he told me. Doug is still out of breath. Barbara will be taking him home today.

The E.T. creature story will be saved for Doug to write himself, when he regains some of his strength and will to write. While he is anxious to get back to familiar surroundings, he may not be in a writing mood and I hope you will understand. He is still the same Smorgie, just a little winded and beat-down right now.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread and Doug's spirit.

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome News!!!

JoeyA said:
Doug managed to finish the procedure. It was very long and arduous. The doctor's comments at this time were vague. Doug is going home today.

Friday, all of the doctor's will meet together to discuss the procedure and where they go from there, if anywhere.

Doug has lost more fluids but is no longer on the intravaneous lasix and will be on the pills. The fluid removal has now slowed and lots of unanswered questions remain about his condition.

Hopefully in the next few days the doctors will give him some information that will determine what happens next if anything.

I was kind of surprised that the doctors were vague but that's what he told me. Doug is still out of breath. Barbara will be taking him home today.

The E.T. creature story will be saved for Doug to write himself, when he regains some of his strength and will to write. While he is anxious to get back to familiar surroundings, he may not be in a writing mood and I hope you will understand. He is still the same Smorgie, just a little winded and beat-down right now.

JoeyA

While it's still a long and bumpy road, I am elated that Smorg is going home.

I wait with bait on breath for the ET story. I hope it was well received!

Ray

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
I think the Drs. were vague because they haven't been able to review the results as yet. It is good that they are sending him home, it may mean that the damage isn't as severe as first thought. That is how I am thinking anyway. IMO

Dwight

For Doug-Semper Fi

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
good news so far!

Joey,

Sounds like good news so far. Aside from the proper people needing to review the results there is a pretty rigid hierarchy in the hospitals. The doctor who is a little vague may not be the proper one in the pecking order to give Doug the information.

Patiense is required, something I have so little of I can't even spell it! It is of course far worse for Doug waiting and wondering.

Hu

JoeyA said:

JoeyA

Last edited: