Spanish Open, June 2023, from Matchroom

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
fedor vs wang can now.

phil yates in comms. countdown to the first wang can pun should be short
Wang hasn’t been playing well lately….he’s been studying Kant.

IMG_2348.jpeg

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Neither Bob, just havin some fun with Dazeinn! Not a big fan of only one choice to be perfectly honest. A market as big as the US deserves some competition in the broadcast area, IMO.

It is what it is. Guess I will not watch it live and hope for reruns on YouTube..
Lol! You’re pronouncing it wrong in your funning. It’s actually pronounced The Zone with a ‘D’ instead of ‘Th.’

So maybe Duh Zone or Dumb Zone would be better

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wu would be top few favorites but after long break away still needs to iron tweak his game. Showed some of old Wu brilliance in his first match but still has to work on his break and these MR tables, environment

i think he's tweaked it already. pretty much a clinic so far vs poor wojciech. 7-2 up now. wu may be among the favorites tbh.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think helfert wrote that dennis had gotten a good deal doing exhibitions. maybe he's travel weary after all the years he's been travelling, he's not a spring chicken anymore. but i miss seeing him in these tournaments, he bring pace and accuracy only parallelled by filler imo
I get that, but I was hoping he would travel to some of these tournaments at least- I'm a big fan too

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar field to the UK Open, but a few who missed that event because of the European Championships are back, including Souto, Immonen, Konrad J, Szewczyk and a few others.

As was the case in London, I'm guessing the final four will all be Fargo 800+.

Good luck to all these fine players.
The big news is Mr Wu is finally back, I hope. He's such a talent and a joy to watch.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So.... all the chatter to get Matchroom to dump DAZN was ineffective wishful thinking. Judging from all the boxing content on DAZN this shouldn't be a surprise.
And just to show they are listening, DAZN has raised their monthly subscription rate by 25%! :cool:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that like to see the view of all the active match scores at once like they show on the production, this is the link. I couldn't find it on the main bracket page because it doesn't seem they expose a link to it. I had to guess what that "/live" was at the end.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think he's tweaked it already. pretty much a clinic so far vs poor wojciech. 7-2 up now. wu may be among the favorites tbh.
Not yet. Probably 85% :LOL: Definitely better match vs Wojciech though Wojciech probably numbed by the shots Wu plays to get into position.

The big news is Mr Wu is finally back, I hope. He's such a talent and a joy to watch.
Yes, such a joy to watch and a player's player. First match had number of players hanging lurking around watching, had fans in commentators booth
Absurd that odds on him to win this is 50/1 :ROFLMAO:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that like to see the view of all the active match scores at once like they show on the production, this is the link. I couldn't find it on the main bracket page because it doesn't seem they expose a link to it. I had to guess what that "/live" was at the end.

That shows matches being played live but does not show round or stage of matches. It is good if you just want to know who is playing and the score.
I like this one cos it show round or stage of matches and also you can read who next opponents of winners are. The matches that are playing will have green table number in 1st column. Also right at top you can click top right "Brackets" to see brackets

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, such a joy to watch and a player's player. First match had number of players hanging lurking around watching, had fans in commentators booth
Absurd that odds on him to win this is 50/1 :ROFLMAO:

is or was? he just hammered a top 15 player

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good eyes on Tyler kicking at the 6. Looked at first like he missed it entirely but watching it back he certainly did graze it slightly. Pia took him at his word for it and ran out anyway.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Tyler's showing he really can hang in there neck and neck with Pia. If he wants a wildcard pick for Mosconi Cup, he'll need to find a higher gear on these tight pockets. Those down-the-rail shots are deceptively difficult.