Stolen cues alert! Lafayette LA last Monday night.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it seems as though most if not all members agree that Scott has experienced a terrible low down blow. From a piece of shit of a person. Someone so loathsome as to steal from an innocent unsuspecting person is the lowest. It has to be assumed that Scott has also learned a very hard life lesson. Been there and done that Scott!
My question is how is he going to be made whole again? Will his auto insurance cover any of his loss? Does the hotel insurance company have any responsibility. Probably nor. So how does this get made right?
I have taken lessons from Scott, years ago and to this day it still pays benefits to my game. Which in turn makes me feel better about why I own my cues and assorted things necessary to enjoy pool.
With that in mind I I would happily donate some funds to help him recover from this loss. It may also help restore his faith in people in general. Not sure he would even accept this, but if so I would be happy to help out!

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The real loss in having a home or car broken into is what it does to your sense of security. My Mustang has been broken into twice in a good neighborhood sittting under a street light. Both times it was parked less than 25 feet from a window of the room I was sleeping in!:eek::eek:
Yes, it's a horrible feeling. It's being violated. It takes a long time to recover from that no matter what is taken. I was burglarized 17 years ago. The insurance company covered my loss, but no amount of money could really compensate me for what was taken.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They said they had motion-activated cameras, and the police were supposed to follow up but I haven't heard anything yet.

Scott Lee
I did get a call from the Lafayette Police yesterday. So far they have been unable to meet up with the property manager, in order to check the security cameras. Not surprising as this property had the office shut down, and the only access was the night window.

Scott Lee

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it seems as though most if not all members agree that Scott has experienced a terrible low down blow. From a piece of shit of a person. Someone so loathsome as to steal from an innocent unsuspecting person is the lowest. It has to be assumed that Scott has also learned a very hard life lesson. Been there and done that Scott!
My question is how is he going to be made whole again? Will his auto insurance cover any of his loss? Does the hotel insurance company have any responsibility. Probably nor. So how does this get made right?
I have taken lessons from Scott, years ago and to this day it still pays benefits to my game. Which in turn makes me feel better about why I own my cues and assorted things necessary to enjoy pool.
With that in mind I I would happily donate some funds to help him recover from this loss. It may also help restore his faith in people in general. Not sure he would even accept this, but if so I would be happy to help out!
Very kind of you Dan...that said I am still waiting to hear if I will get any compensation from auto or homeowner's policies. You know how much I love teaching. The day this happened, I was on my way to work with a gentleman in Denham Springs LA. Never said a word to him about this, and proceeded to do a professional job. That's what professionals do...do your job, and get mad later!

Scott Lee

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...I honestly feel that it was some low life living at the hotel. I doubt they even play pool, so it may turn up at a pawn shop yet.

Scott Lee

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As mentioned above, the Red Roof Inn is right off of I-10 and visited a lot by transients and other types. There are a few other Lafayette shooters besides myself who read this site and will be on the lookout for your cues. Any photos of the Samsara's? That case will be easy to spot. I'll pop in on some pawn shops from time to time. (just in case the POS was local).
Thanks Rick! I'm hoping that you or some other local AzBr will find my stuff at one of the pawn shops. I have already started calling the list of pawn shops in Lafayette.

Scott Lee
773-551-7473

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you better raise the reward! it will increase your chances of getting it returned
Okay...As of right now, the reward is $1000 CASH to anyone with information resulting in me finding my gear! CALL ME if anyone finds anything!

Scott Lee
773-551-7473

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first opportunity to get online and post this here. Last Monday night, in front of my room at the Red Roof Inn in Lafayette LA, someone got into my vehicle and stole my Garmin GPS and worse, stole my JBCases 4x8 full-zippered Orange ostrich leather cue case with all my cues in it. I had both of my Samsara cues, my break cue, my jump cue, and 10 different shafts, including 3 Revos, 1 Becue, McDermott G-Core, Tiger ProX, and the original shafts that came with my Samsara cues. I did make a police report, but I don't have much faith that much will come of it. For any of you in Lafayette (and I know there are several) please keep an eye out, and your ear to the ground regarding any news of these cues. I am offering a $500 cash reward (no questions asked) for the return of the case and cues. If anyone has any information, please call me at 773-551-7473. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott Lee
I haven't read all the replies but why would you leave your cues in the car?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Thanks Rick! I'm hoping that you or some other local AzBr will find my stuff at one of the pawn shops. I have already started calling the list of pawn shops in Lafayette.

Scott Lee
773-551-7473
Okay...As of right now, the reward is $1000 CASH to anyone with information resulting in me finding my gear! CALL ME if anyone finds anything!

Scott Lee
773-551-7473
If you don't want to answer that is fine. How exactly did they get into the car?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't want to answer that is fine. How exactly did they get into the car?
I was on the end of a 6 week, 7000 mike road trip. I just spaced out taking the case into my room. All those who mentioned how dumb it was to leave them in the car are right...but that doesn't change the outcome!

Scott Lee

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, I'm just back from a tour and so very sad to read this. To think of the devastating loss to your business in the last year and a half from Covid, and now this.

Yes you are a professional. No one who has ever met you has any doubt of that. Stay strong with your positive attitude. The country is opening up again and your lessons to the many fans you've earned over the years are well known and remembered with joy.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I hope the Police take the thrift seriously, as the loss amount =‘s Felony.

Hope the survalsnce tape shows something the Cops can use to recover Cue, and Case.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this thread maybe one of the more important threads that have been on here in a long time. I doubt there's a player who read this that doesn't have the imagination to think what it'll be like if it happened to them.

I'm sure a lot of them are vowing never make that kind of mistake. Some of those cases with the long straps that you can wear on your shoulder or around you like a quiver may look a little goofy but that case is never out of your hands or out of your sight.

I remember when those Fellini style cases were so popular. You go in the pool room and they'd be leaning against the bar, leaning against the table, laying on the floor half the time the player would have to go looking for his cue wondering where he left it last.

Back in the late 80's I had a soft case and leaned it up against a wall to go watch a little tussle that was going on outside, came back in 2 minutes later and bam, case was gone. I lost an old Adams my father gave to me. I've owned two cases since then and they both have straps and they never leave my side.

Trust no one.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Back in the late 80's I had a soft case and leaned it up against a wall to go watch a little tussle that was going on outside, came back in 2 minutes later and bam, case was gone. I lost an old Adams my father gave to me. I've owned two cases since then and they both have straps and they never leave my side.

Trust no one.
Those Robin Hood cases are the nuts. You can't leave a cue laying around in the pool room. We used to go to a diner when the pool room would close. Not one player would not have their cue next to them in the booth. When I was in High school I carried my cue with me in class. I would always go to the pool room after school and sometimes on my lunch hour. I could not leave it in a hot car.
Funny at my 20 year reunion they all remembered me as the pool player.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...I honestly feel that it was some low life living at the hotel. I doubt they even play pool, so it may turn up at a pawn shop yet.

Scott Lee
You never know Scott. Some of theses people are as dumb as dirt, hopefully the ones you ran into are. I do not think this was an organized gang following you around, more it was a scumbag just peeking into vehicles looking for anything that looked like it had something in it. With the drug use all around us it has created a society of addicts that will steal from their own grandparents. We can all thank Mexico for that as they are the producers and profiteers of almost all the hard drugs consumed here..

Anyhow my offer stands, but hopefully the insurers will make good on something. I am not holding my breath on that!
Good luck and keep the thread alive with updates!

Guy Manges

Registered
Scott , You might try the Director of Circumstances! God has helped me more than once.... You will know if what your life is doing at this time is within his will.... We do have a guide....

Last edited: