Stolen Cues Alert - reward for return

risky biz

Banned
Originally Posted by risky biz
The last time I saw a discussion here about someone returning stolen cues that had come into his possession to the owner (Cornerstone) for a reward the person returning them was set up and charged with a couple of felonies.

Returner, Beware!

This post may be the most disturbing of all. You're actually warning off anyone who may help facilitate the return of the case and cues...seriously?!

As I recall...there was quite a bit more to the story than you are telling. Yes, there was a reward offered...but there was also a bit of 'strong-arming', where the reward amount was not sufficient to person who was claiming to facilitate the cues return, and they demanded more. Yeah...I would have had them arrested as well.

You certainly did a good job of twisting that story into a new and improved appearance. As related in the other thread the person who came into possession of the stolen cues asked to be compensated for the money he had at risk when he won the cues (about 20% of the value claimed by the person they were stolen from). That person told him to bring the cues on over and they could discuss it. The other party brought them to him without any agreed amount. That's a big hole in your "strong arm" portrayal. He could have easily sold the cues for twice as much or more than the compensation he was requesting if his intent was truly criminal. The other party then arranged to have what he described as "friends" in the police department arrest and charge him with possession of stolen property and transporting across state lines.

A different story may come out under oath but that's the story as related here and you don't know anymore of the truth than I do. But the story as related does not bear a strong resemblance to your portrayal.

If someone decides to not return cues they have come into possession of and then discovered that they were stolen then the party to blame is someone who would manipulate another person into a situation like this.

If someone who comes into possession of the cues described in this post contacts the victim and asks for a dollar more than the undefined reward offered in this post then by your standards they should be arrested and charged with felonies. When there are people around who think like that then I say again- returner, Beware!

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
Now that the shock of losing so many beautiful and valuable cues has worn off; back to your regularly scheduled agenda pushing and axe grinding. :boring2:

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, I don't know if this has been posted, but someone stole a nice Alex Brick custom cue, a Brick break and jump cue and case from Ricky Peppers at Harold Mcabee's in Tuscaloosa,Al a few months ago. Ricky just told me about it the other night as i have been out of pocket, and will get a description of everything from him and post it.

materpeura

Registered
You leave your house while you go to work.
Someone breaks in and cleans you out while you're gone.
You deserve it?
Somewhat flawed logic there Buddy.

More like you leave your house for work and leave the door open.
Anyhow, be it a little stupid, I hope he gets his equipment back!

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
Friend watching your equipment

True, but to me, it's kind of like locking and alarming my car.
Just makes sense sometimes. I usually play with somebody I can
trust to watch the cues & cases...we alternate bathroom breaks.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest this thief!

I don't know about anybody else but I hate taking my case to the bathroom with me.

I don't like asking a friend to watch my stuff either.

Why put that responsability on my friend?

I would probably feel even worse if they took it under my friends watch.

Ok So If I don't lock my car or my home somebody has a right to OPEN MY DOOR & GO IN?

Am I the only one floored by all the crazy comments on here?

I hope the owner gets his stuff back quickly! Thats all I want to say anymore.

theeviltwin69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to a few friends that frequent that place,and the conversation came down to the whole situation being really bad in that room.A lot of people making moves in there!Just 1 MORE reason not to play there!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you get off thinking anyone deserves to have their belongings stolen? That is the most retarded comment I have read on here ever.
True enough!I thought I've
wrote some retarded things on this forum but this guy gets the Golden
Helmet with the matching Drool cup Award.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I go the washroom I leave it with someone I know in the Poolroom.
I use to take it in the bathroom with me,then I thought,if people see
me taking my cues into the bathroom,there going to think I must have something of value in there.Plus I don't want to get pee on the bottom of my case:smile:

Goose1972

Banned
there were no video surveilance cameras in the place?? they have to have something in there. these establishments should be partly responsible. are they doing anything to help.

risky biz

Banned
Ok So If I don't lock my car or my home somebody has a right to OPEN MY DOOR & GO IN?

Am I the only one floored by all the crazy comments on here?

No, they don't have a right to open your door and go in but you can expect it to happen.

Saying that someone deserved it is to say in a different way that someone did something that wasn't very smart. If you thought it was something else then you just don't grasp meanings as quickly as someone else may.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
As I recall

The last time I saw a discussion here about someone returning stolen cues that had come into his possession to the owner (Cornerstone) for a reward the person returning them was set up and charged with a couple of felonies.

Returner, Beware!

You certainly did a good job of twisting that story into a new and improved appearance. As related in the other thread the person who came into possession of the stolen cues asked to be compensated for the money he had at risk when he won the cues (about 20% of the value claimed by the person they were stolen from). That person told him to bring the cues on over and they could discuss it. The other party brought them to him without any agreed amount. That's a big hole in your "strong arm" portrayal. He could have easily sold the cues for twice as much or more than the compensation he was requesting if his intent was truly criminal. The other party then arranged to have what he described as "friends" in the police department arrest and charge him with possession of stolen property and transporting across state lines.

A different story may come out under oath but that's the story as related here and you don't know anymore of the truth than I do. But the story as related does not bear a strong resemblance to your portrayal.

If someone decides to not return cues they have come into possession of and then discovered that they were stolen then the party to blame is someone who would manipulate another person into a situation like this.

If someone who comes into possession of the cues described in this post contacts the victim and asks for a dollar more than the undefined reward offered in this post then by your standards they should be arrested and charged with felonies. When there are people around who think like that then I say again- returner, Beware!

The punks that stole Bills cues were working on his house and stole his keys and returned to steal the cues!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member

Returner, Beware!

What twisting? I merely relayed what had been previously posted here...I didn't add anything to it.

If you have something to add...you can do it without being a $hit about it.

risky biz

Banned
What twisting? I merely relayed what had been previously posted here...I didn't add anything to it.

If you have something to add...you can do it without being a $hit about it.

You described it as "strongarming". If he brought the cues to the person who claimed they were stolen without having received one penny then that is a return of the cues not "strongarming".

The charged party claims that Cornerstone said something to the effect, "yeah, bring the cues on over and we'll discuss the money you are out". Cornerstone then arranged for his "friends" in the police department to arrest him as if he had demanded money in exchange for the cues. Cornerstone didn't dispute that.

It's a stretch to claim he demanded money in exchange for the cues if he brought the cues without having first received ANYTHING or even an expression of commitment that he would receive any specific amount.

So much for your suitability as a "relay".