Story for Mr. Blah Blah

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wanted scary.



Well, in about '93, me and a young Mike Coltrain, and "Z Man" went to Tennessee on a little jaunt. Mike and his dad (he went too) decided they needed to get back. So, Z and I drove them back and came right back to WK Sports Bar in Alcoa, TN. Bad move and good move.

I played the guy they "called in" and won about $700'ish. That made my total bankroll about $1200. Well, we went to the hotel across the street to check in. Walking distance. We checked in and put our bags on the bed. I went next door to call home and say hello (Or was I calling hookers, I can't recall). I noticed this guy walking towards the phone booth. Before I knew it, he was in the phone booth with me with a knife at my throat. I could feel the blood on my shirt. Scared to death is not strong enough. The guy was in a fu@$ed up sweat. Only this kind of sweat is scary. He was so "out there" he could barely tell me to "drop my pants."

"Drop your pants and give me all of that you won over there at WK's."
"My partner has it. He's coming out of the store." As I'm dropping my pants around my ankles, he made a mistake. He turned and looked for Z. I clocked him with everything in me. Mike later told me the guys shoulders hit the ground first. Hey, fear makes a MF crazy. I ran across the street yelling for Mike (Z) to run. I was bleeding enough to worry. So... we get across the street and call the cops. We actually sat and waited and watched the guy go back into his hotel room. We pointed him out and his room to the cops. They caught him pretty easily.

Well, they found all kinds of stuff in his room. He was wanted for all kinds of shit. He'd been speedballing for quite a while the cop told me. So, they cuff him and put him in the back of the car. (With his hands above his head) The cop comes to me and gets my statement.

"Hey, I wish these kind of people were wiped off the face of the earth. Just look at him there. Cuffed and helpless. Door open. Hey, I'm gonna walk over there for about three minutes. Get it?"

Man, I hit that guy twice. And that was one too many. That cop deserves a "Crawfish Medal of Honor." Thanks Alcoa TN PD.

Oh yeah, he cut me pretty good on the neck. He also got fifteen years. Scary enough? As whacked out as he was, he saw me as a way to stay fu#$ed up for a week.

This is why I went to college?

I don't care. These things mold me into the a$$hole I am today.

I just got informed that it is MS. Blah Blah. I humbly apologize.
 
Last edited:
Good story.

I had something very similiar happen to me. We just made a nice score at the pool hall and I went to BK to eat and I flashed my BR when I was paying how stupid of me. I had over 2k on me and most of it was in twenties so it was fat.

I was on the wrong side of town and should have known better. Well I sit down and eat and when I leave this big guy stops me and says hey you got some money for me and I of course say no, but he has me trapped between the entrance door and the second door in the BK. He keeps bumping into me and won't let me pass and keeps saying you got some money for me.

At this point, I know I got all the cash on me so I know there is no way I am going to hand it over. He says "since you won't give me money I will take it."

I had my right hand in my pocket and had mad a fist with my cars keys in my fingers and when the guy went to reach into his front pocket I hit em with everything I had.

I didn't stay around I ran scared to death and I didn't even run to my car. I just ran as far away as I could. I finally tracked down a cop and they took me back to my car and I escaped.


What I never understood is there was 10 to 15 people in BK and they just watched this happen like it was normal. I kept thinking somebody is going to help me. No such luck.
 
What I never understood is there was 10 to 15 people in BK and they just watched this happen like it was normal. I kept thinking somebody is going to help me. No such luck.

Welcome to NY/NJ, lol.

Greg, I have a similar story which has a happier ending. My buddy Jim Meg and I were in a local dive. Actually, it has nothing to do with Pool, but I digress... Jim and I just came from patronizing single moms that like to dance and we had the "strip club bankroll" (a ton a singles). It wasn't that much money, but every time you put a 20 on the bar for drinks, you always get back change in singles. So, we went into another bar and Jim busted out his "wad" to buy a beer. Apparently, some huge degenerate saw it and walked over. He asked the same thing; "you have some money you can give me?" Eventually, the guy kept sweatin Jim to the point where he grabbed Jim and reached in his pocket. At that point, Jim took his full beer and smashed the guy in the forehead. The big guy musta been high cuz he only fell to one knee and was getting up. At that point, I over came my shock and ran over to kick the guy as hard as I could with the heel of my boot. The guys head bounced off my boot, off the side of the bar and we both started to pummel the livin shyt outta the guy.

Looking back, it prolly wasn't the smartest thing to do, we shoulda just left. But then again, we were young, dumb and fulla !@# and lucky the guy didn't have a gun. Fvck him.


Eric >much kinder and gentler now
 
Last edited:
Welcome to NY/NJ, lol.

Greg, I have a similar story which has a happier ending. My buddy Jim Meg and I were in a local dive. Actually, it has nothing to do with Pool, but I digress... Jim and I just came from patronizing single moms that like to dance and we had the "strip club bankroll" (a ton a singles). It wasn't that much money, but every time you put a 20 on the bar for drinks, you always get back change in singles. So, we went into another bar and Jim busted out his "wad" to buy a beer. Apparently, some huge degenerate saw it and walked over. He asked the same thing; "you have some money you can give me?" Eventually, the guy keep sweatin Jim to the point when he grabbed Jim and reached in his pocket. At that point, Jim took his full beer and smashed the guy in the forehead. The guy musta been high cuz he only fell to one knee and was getting up. At that point, I over came my shock and ran over to kick the guy as hard as I could with the heel of my boot. The guys head bounced off my boot, off the side of the bar and we both started to pummel the livin shyt outta the guy.

Looking back, it prolly wasn't the smartest thing to do, we shoulda just left. But then again, we were young, dumb and fulla !@# and lucky the guy didn't have a gun. Fvck him.


Eric >much kinder and gentler now

Nice. You can sell me, swindle me, con me, out play me, but don't try to rob me. I don't forget.
 
Nice. You can sell me, swindle me, con me, out play me, but don't try to rob me. I don't forget.

Craw,

I see it as "what goes around, comes around", basically, ye ol "golden rule".


Eric >turn about is fair play too
 
"It made me the asshole that I am today",
Some of these guys on AZ wont get that but I most definitly do.
Good Post.
 
That would be correct. So what about our bet I proposed? My testosterone level is low, it shouldn't be hard for you to take advantage of a 42 year old guy.

how do i know you won't just buy more?
i make one comment and you get all bent out of shape. get over it man it's just an opinion.
 
how do i know you won't just buy more?
i make one comment and you get all bent out of shape. get over it man it's just an opinion.

Man, I'm fine. I'm truly just shooting the shit with you. If I was "bent" I'd tell you. I actually enjoy friendly banter. I pretty much have similar conversations five days a week in the poolroom. Since we are not in the poolroom, I'll try it here. On a pool forum.

I will say, though, you pushed a button with quite a few people by using the old guys with a negative connotation. You didn't expect a response with your thread? Come on. You seem like a somewhat intelligent person.
 
Man, I'm fine. I'm truly just shooting the shit with you. If I was "bent" I'd tell you. I actually enjoy friendly banter. I pretty much have similar conversations five days a week in the poolroom. Since we are not in the poolroom, I'll try it here. On a pool forum.

I will say, though, you pushed a button with quite a few people by using the old guys with a negative connotation. You didn't expect a response with your thread? Come on. You seem like a somewhat intelligent person.

if i seem that way it's because i have 2 windows open. one's az and the other's an online dictionary.

i really didn't think it'd get people that upset. old people're old there's no real sin in calling them that. young people're young but people don't care about being called young.

if you do make it out to cali though i'll try you some cheap with the 7
 
if i seem that way it's because i have 2 windows open. one's az and the other's an online dictionary.

i really didn't think it'd get people that upset. old people're old there's no real sin in calling them that. young people're young but people don't care about being called young.

if you do make it out to cali though i'll try you some cheap with the 7

I'm actually gonna go out in December to visit a friend from college. I'll try some like that.
 
Mid-40s "old"?? Nobody ever told me that!

That would be correct. So what about our bet I proposed? My testosterone level is low, it shouldn't be hard for you to take advantage of a 42 year old guy.

Hey crawfish -- whoever said 42 is "old"?? I'm 43, and I can out-run folks half my age (I've a long-distance runner's build, had it all my life). Mid-40s ain't old. It's all "up there" <points and taps with fingertip at side of head>.
 
Hey crawfish -- whoever said 42 is "old"?? I'm 43, and I can out-run folks half my age (I've a long-distance runner's build, had it all my life). Mid-40s ain't old. It's all "up there" <points and taps with fingertip at side of head>.

If it's all "up there" why does your runners build come into it? i run about 4 miles a week and hate every minute of it. i've never been a strong runner no matter how hard i tried. just not built for it
 
If it's all "up there" why does your runners build come into it? i run about 4 miles a week and hate every minute of it. i've never been a strong runner no matter how hard i tried. just not built for it

Actually, those were two separate things. I hang around with folks who are the same age and disposition as I, and do *NOT* have a runner's build. But they are lively, energetic, and full-of-life the same. That is certainly a mindset issue. And, these folks have the wisdom that extended years on this earth give. That is certainly not "old."
 
Hey crawfish -- whoever said 42 is "old"?? I'm 43, and I can out-run folks half my age (I've a long-distance runner's build, had it all my life). Mid-40s ain't old. It's all "up there" <points and taps with fingertip at side of head>.

I'm 38, and personally I could give a crap if I have its all "up there" as long
as it all works "down there" (points with index finger straight down):thumbup:
 
"It made me the asshole that I am today",
Some of these guys on AZ wont get that but I most definitly do.
Good Post.

**Disclaimer** This is not a personal attack or anything like that. Please don't send a threatening PM.

This is an observation from one of "these guys" who doesn't get it.

Just because certain things have happened to you in your life, doesn't mean you have to be an asshole. Nothing "made" you be that way. You have made a concious choice to be that way if that is the way you are.

BVal

**Disclaimer** This is not a personal attack or anything like that. Please don't send a threatening PM.
 
**Disclaimer** This is not a personal attack or anything like that. Please don't send a threatening PM.

This is an observation from one of "these guys" who doesn't get it.

Just because certain things have happened to you in your life, doesn't mean you have to be an asshole. Nothing "made" you be that way. You have made a concious choice to be that way if that is the way you are.

BVal

**Disclaimer** This is not a personal attack or anything like that. Please don't send a threatening PM.

almost being killed makes you see the world a little different
 
That's scary but when you get jumped and don't know why that is more troubling IMO because there is no way to rationalize it.

Glad it worked out for you.
 
Back
Top