Str8Shots Has Not Paid for CO State 8-Ball Championships

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
- have they paid 5th-12th?
- why didn't they prorate payouts so that everyone received some portion, w/ balance later?
- doesn't it only take 3 days to get a new replacement credit card & pull cash?

i'd be calling all sponsors involved & asking them (innocently) if they had erroneously received my payout that was due 90 days ago. i mean, it's not as if this isn't the 1st, no 2nd, wait 3rd, 4th time this has happened....

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool = Poker = Slot Machines....i guess. Most people don't do it for fun apparently. When I play golf or tennis I don't have to gamble. Pool tournaments are simply gambling...the players put the money up themselves and sketchy things happen.
Good luck

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
I have MANY things to add to this thread.
1. I was told by a friend of mine they had not paid 1st through 4th and was also told they knew the money was gone very early in the day but did not announce it until it was time to pay out 1st-4th.
2. When I brought this to their attention I was VERY quickly threatened with lawsuits for spreading lies and slandering their company.
3. Kimberly told me that if I did not tell her who told me that she was going to email every single person who played and tell them that I said this and that (by name) and ban them all for life until the person who told me came forward, even though I made it clear my friend did not even play. Here is the message.
Kimberly Griffiths
Not a problem. I will just ban anyone that was at the last event from future events. Obviously it won't be hard to figure out who the players were. There are only two you could have heard it from in the top 2. One of them was the owner of the bar up their and we will just let him know that the events we had talked about doing with him will not happen because of communications he may have had with you. I am done with this kind of crap.
4. Kimberly told me that all the players were paid that day.
5. She said that people like me, for asking about bad things happening, are the reason pool is in a bad state.
6. Let's ask them why they are still paying for John Schmidt to go and play and probably the other pros when they still owe other people money and won't even talk to the lower players they are "sponsoring" John just a few days ago thanked John for sponsoring him in his doubles match at Steinway.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
As much as Kimberly says that she doesn't read AZ, in the past, when ever a thread was started re Str8 Shots, she was in shortly there after with her explanations and excuses.

Apparently there are no explanations and excuses available at this time.

Yeah, when you sponsor a tournament, show up with no money to pay the winners, I guess stolen money is always as good an excuse as any.

I'm guessing they believe that people are stupid and most will just walk away and say nothing.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I have MANY things to add to this thread.
1. I was told by a friend of mine they had not paid 1st through 4th and was also told they knew the money was gone very early in the day but did not announce it until it was time to pay out 1st-4th.
2. When I brought this to their attention I was VERY quickly threatened with lawsuits for spreading lies and slandering their company.
3. Kimberly told me that if I did not tell her who told me that she was going to email every single person who played and tell them that I said this and that (by name) and ban them all for life until the person who told me came forward, even though I made it clear my friend did not even play. Here is the message.
Kimberly Griffiths
Not a problem. I will just ban anyone that was at the last event from future events. Obviously it won't be hard to figure out who the players were. There are only two you could have heard it from in the top 2. One of them was the owner of the bar up their and we will just let him know that the events we had talked about doing with him will not happen because of communications he may have had with you. I am done with this kind of crap.
4. Kimberly told me that all the players were paid that day.
5. She said that people like me, for asking about bad things happening, are the reason pool is in a bad state.
6. Let's ask them why they are still paying for John Schmidt to go and play and probably the other pros when they still owe other people money and won't even talk to the lower players they are "sponsoring" John just a few days ago thanked John for sponsoring him in his doubles match at Steinway.

If this is accurate, and I have absolutely no reason to either believe or disbelieve it, it would violate every necessary and basic, common sense, ethical, and business principle required to form a foundation for a successful business organization and may actually border on the psychotic.

Anyone who believes that establishing and operating a business model based on deceit, falsehoods, customer intimidation and disrespect, and failure to keep, or even acknowledge, one's financial and moral commitments, definitely does not deserve success or even to remain in business and should probably consider therapy. IMO.

J

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
If this is accurate, and I have absolutely no reason to either believe or disbelieve it, it would violate every necessary and basic, common sense, ethical, and business principle required to form a foundation for a successful business organization and may actually border on the psychotic.

Anyone who believes that establishing and operating a business model based on deceit, falsehoods, customer intimidation and disrespect, and failure to keep, or even acknowledge, one's financial and moral commitments, definitely does not deserve success or even to remain in business and should probably consider therapy. IMO.

J

I swear to it's authenticity. I have private messages to prove it, but I am not going to post them all publicly. After the conversation that brought all that on, I assure you, it would be absolutely insane to make it up. I can post the comment John made thanking Str8 shots. In fact, here it is...
Well had great time in NYC at Steinway billiards , special thanks to dragon promotions, manny and Anna,owners of Steinway. Also had great time last night playing race to 15 10ball on 5x10 diamond table . Archer and I against Jorge Rodriguez, top player from NYC and kiamco. Archer and I won 15-10. Thank you very much to Kevin owner of fantastic gothem city billiards in Brooklyn . All in all had fantastic time and the fine people of NYC treated me incredible. Thank you again to fury cues and str 8-shots, couldn't have done it without u.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I swear to it's authenticity. I have private messages to prove it, but I am not going to post them all publicly. After the conversation that brought all that on, I assure you, it would be absolutely insane to make it up. I can post the comment John made thanking Str8 shots. In fact, here it is...
Well had great time in NYC at Steinway billiards , special thanks to dragon promotions, manny and Anna,owners of Steinway. Also had great time last night playing race to 15 10ball on 5x10 diamond table . Archer and I against Jorge Rodriguez, top player from NYC and kiamco. Archer and I won 15-10. Thank you very much to Kevin owner of fantastic gothem city billiards in Brooklyn . All in all had fantastic time and the fine people of NYC treated me incredible. Thank you again to fury cues and str 8-shots, couldn't have done it without u.

I wasn't doubting you, I was just making it clear that I am not basing my opinion entirely on your post. Just about everything that I have ever read on this forum concerning Str8Shots supports my opinion.

J

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole story about sending to the wrong paypal is seriously questionable.
I myself have put in the wrong email on 2 occasions on paypal when paying off a bet. I did not find out till the next day on both occasions when the guy said he didn't receive payment that it was the wrong paypal. I called paypal and they saw the money in the wrong account and refunded it to me immediately.

So no way am I buying that story, because if the guy they wrongly sent it to was not expecting anything, or rarely uses paypal, then they could have got it back.

This company has always crossed me wrong. They tried to sabotage the tournament I ran in March (the bigtyme classic) by setting up an amateur event alongside the Nick Varner Classic after we had a few words about the dates and them trying to ply a few players away from our event that already committed, so then they threw a bar table event up, lol. At the end of the day we had 5 events that week and all 5 fields were full, so I think we won in that battle and got the last laugh. This is just icing on the cake.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

J

I heard similar stories from people, even before they left Pueblo
It wasn't the typical pool hall gossip, it was pretty straight forward, and these people have no reason to lie to me about it.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I wasn't doubting you, I was just making it clear that I am not basing my opinion entirely on your post. Just about everything that I have ever read on this forum concerning Str8Shots supports my opinion.

J

I've spoken with a few people intimate with Str8 that further cements my doubts. Their cause seems noble and it disappoints me it appears evident they're falling short. I can stomach some unintentional shortcomings, but not red flag after red flag pointing towards negligence and/or deceipt. :(

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe, I have seen this organization's name about four times on AZ. Not once has it been positive. Will someone please just close up shop. Seriously!

Can't afford to make good on a $1k obligation?

I don't think they need help from anyone, they are well on their way to closure solely.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Str8 shots...such irony in that name.

Reminds me of a little old song, Another one Bites the Dust

And another one gone and another one gone...

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Solid advice

Contact the local town court and ask to file a small claims lawsuit. If they don't show or don't convince the judge that you were paid ...they lose. VERY EASY to do. Cost under 10 bucks to file and no lawyer needed. They will give you a court date in 4 to 6 weeks. You don't have to serve them typically. Just do it...often they settle up prior to court date knowing they wont win.

TAKE THEM TO COURT...... Maybe you will get on Judge Judy?
Or at least get PAID:angry::angry::angry:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
They tried to sabotage the tournament I ran in March

Thats actually pretty low. To the other TDs and to the players who should be given the opportunity to play in the most tournaments that they can. If in fact that is what they are trying to do, Promote Pool instead of trying to be the Big Dogs and Run the entire show.

Obviously, they don't have the knowledge or the means to do either.

Oh well, Good News travels fast, bad news even faster. It won't be long before they can't field a 12 team Scotch Tourney on 2 tables.

Nick, John, and whoever should be paying attention and distance themselves.

It sounds like they are becoming a pair of serious Wentzlers.

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

J

Their disdain for their customer base is evidenced not only by their failure to accept responsibility for and remedy this situation, but also by their total lack of response and absence from this thread.

Anyone continuing to accept this kind of behavior, deserves the treatment they receive.

J

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Your money is good enough to take.

What happens to your money after that is a problem?

What if tournament costs go over? That is your problem not the promoters.

If its a accounting issue than delayed payment is better than no payment. Just wait it out.

Prize money can't just be cash in and cash out. People work to run a tournament and they need to address their issues first.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
IMHO this situation is just another example that there's not enough money in the pool industry to support promotion companies.

I have no reason to doubt that Str8Shots had good intentions of making a profit while doing good things for pool. They probably invested $50K-$100K to get the company going. But like 9-out-of-10 new businesses, it just didn't work out. The money ran out before success arrived. Suppliers always get stiffed at the end...and pool players are suppliers just like anyone else.

Of course, we'll still see AZposters with threads like "Why don't more companies invest in pool?" and such.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing, it's as if the sponshorships never existed. Their facebook page, at least the one they used before is dead. Although I keep hearing from people that they still were talking to Str8shots about things recently, to me is seems they cut off all prior commitments and either closed up shop or are just starting fresh.