Strokers Tampa Gone?

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
I stopped by for a beer on Saturday, and it was locked up tight. It looks like it's closed. I hope not, I like having a Pool Room around the corner, but it don't look good.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one are you talking about...in Tampa or Palm Harbor. Tampa is called Strokers II, and it was going strong when I stopped in there last Thursday. I can't imagine either one closing.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I'm curious too.

the one in Tampa is on Hillsborough Ave. Is that the one?

Eric

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Strokers II is closed. Thats the one where we saw each other Eric. Strokers in Palm Harbor is open. The US Amateur national event is being moved to strokers palm harbor I was told.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
Which one are you talking about...in Tampa or Palm Harbor. Tampa is called Strokers II, and it was going strong when I stopped in there last Thursday. I can't imagine either one closing.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

This one, it's a couple miles from my house. It was Planet 9 Ball, and it has been Strokers Tampa for over three years since Jose opened it in April 2008.

Attachments

• strokers-tampa-fl.jpg
    strokers-tampa-fl.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 799

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Yep, closed. The Seminoles had to scramble too. They were suppose to do the miz event there. It was moved to hammerheads.

AcuraHeel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told by a FL native that the one that holds the US amateur did close down. The LO in our area told me that the US Amateur is looking to be moved to Atlanta this year?? The location in Tampa was outstanding..

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Strokers II is closed. Thats the one where we saw each other Eric. Strokers in Palm Harbor is open. The US Amateur national event is being moved to strokers palm harbor I was told.

You read my mind. You must have that ESPN or sumthin.

Eric

railrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stroker's Closed

Sorry to hear about Stroker's closing. Had a great time there during the u.s. amateur. I played more snooker in 3 days than I have in 20 years.
I sure hope they do move the u.s. amateur to Atlanta. Would be a lot closer for me if I am lucky enough to qualify for the championship!!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one on Hillsborough had higher ceilings than the one in Palm Harbor I think. I could hardly breathe in the one at Palm Harbor. Don't know how the folks can stand all the stinky cig smoke in there. Too much for me, I'll play golf instead of pool in Florida...

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
Yep, closed. The Seminoles had to scramble too. They were suppose to do the miz event there. It was moved to hammerheads.

That sucks. I did hear the miz was gonna be there this year, and I was looking foreward to that. I have a table at the house, but I like going to a pool room too. I was a fan of Planet 9 ball, and was bummed when they closed down. I was happy when Jose opened Strokers at the same location 4 months later, as it is right around the corner from my house. I wonder what will happen to all those tables now. I am holding out hope for another pool room to open up, but I am not very optomistic in this economy.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
sad to hear

I really enjoyed that room .Hope Jose keeps the other Strokers alive and strong.I like making a road trip down that way around october .Great area.
Can anyone in that area get me in touch with the guy that plays and teaches 3 cushion ?