Submitted for your approval: my greatest fluke ever

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
My buddy Doug just happened to be filming our latest jousting session of 10B at Miller Time Billiards (Davenport, Iowa) when I pulled off a crazy fluke shot. I had to pound the bank on the 4 to make sure I got the CB up table to the 5 ball. Just watch the vid to see what happened next....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6N502QdghE


Bonus points to those that can recognize Larry (Iowa_Player) and cuemaker Steve Klapp (nucues) in the background. :thumbup:

Doug & I have a running joke about a dark green "Iowa" shirt that I used to wear. I seemed to get extra lucky when I wore it.

Doug felt bad that I was in a slump lately, so he bought me a new lucky shirt. This shot occured on the first day that I wore it...so it's officially my new lucky shirt!!!
 
Wild shot bro. :thumbup:

I watched it a few times and have came to one conclusion !!!

I'm never gonna wear that shirt again ! It makes my six pack abs look like a pony keg :eek: :D :thumbup:

Larry
 
that was astounding....I hope I get at least 1 shot like that in pool some day...would make the other misses worth it.
 
Its like you sank the same ball twice in one shot. you cant go wrong with a lucky green shirt either.
 
I'm never gonna wear that shirt again ! It makes my six pack abs look like a pony keg :eek: :D :thumbup:

I know what you mean...my excuse of "it's winter weight" won't work when it comes spring. Ah hell...what am I talking about...I've been carrying winter weight for a couple of decades now. :grin:
 
As you prepped to hit the 5 ball, I had to do a double take. I thought Johnny (no lint too small) Archer was shooting and maybe it was a wide screen conversion video that made him look "squatted".

But then I noticed there was no goatee. ;)

(man, that side pocket just puked that 4 out. Crazy rub o' the green there!)
 
just curious, was that pocket full or something? Because there's no excuse for a ball to spit out like that unless the pocket drops are screwed up >_<
If it hadn't been 10 ball and you lost as a result I'd feel robbed.
 
just curious, was that pocket full or something? Because there's no excuse for a ball to spit out like that unless the pocket drops are screwed up >_<
If it hadn't been 10 ball and you lost as a result I'd feel robbed.
I think he hit it so hard and just at the right point of the side pocket that it spit it out. When you hit em that hard they do things that aren't normal. LOL.

BVal
 
Yep, it was a combination of warp speed, an airborn ball (the 4 flies off the first rail), and spin (I used left english to spin the CB around the 3 rails) that caused it to circle the drain and keep on goin'.

As far as the lint thing, when I'm playing well I can spot that stuff from 50'. My minds a workin'. When I'm slumping, I wouldn't notice a cube of chalk on the table.
 
Great shot Mark:wink:. Can we use you as entertainment (Trick shot Artistry) at the ISPA:o?

I have seen shots like that before. When you hit just the right angle and the OB has just the right speed and spin, it will run right around the sides and back uf the pocket and come out...like those motor cycle stunts at the State Fair where the guy drives his cycle around the sides of a cylinder.

BTW, I'll be looking for that 'Lucky Shirt' to be worn with a collard one at the ISPA...you know the rules.

See you in a couple of weeks. (you going to Waterloo too?).

L8R...Ken
 
I've had an almost identical shot happen to me, except the ball shot across and went into the opposite side pocket. Thanks for the clip.
 
I have never seen this happen on anything but a Valley barbox.We set the shot up and could do it quite consistently!
 
The ultimate one pocket shot.

I didn't realize just how big of a fluke shot it was till I saw it in slow motion
 
Too bad I can't access youtube at work. I haven't been out to Miller Time in about a year. I might head out there this weekend. I'm coming from Clinton, we should meet up and play a few.
 
Ken: I won't be attending Waterloo. I'll see you at the River Center though.

LPHooper: Come on down to MTB on Saturdays (we start around 11am, $7.50 all day). We play a nice ring game $1 on the 5, $2 on the 9. Little Joe & I play with a couple of other guys cycling in & out. Joe's great fun to be around. Sometimes we play $5/$0.25 golf on the snooker table...usually 4-8 handed.
 
Cool video of an amazing shot. LOL

BTW ...... If you guys don't mind maybe I'll come down and let you guys give me a lesson or two one of those Saturdays. I've never been to Miller Time but I'd like to come down and check it out sometime. I'd like to play on some nice tables for a change.

I met Larry several weeks ago and played some with him up in Clinton and did some cue trading with him.

Take care guys.

Trevor
 
Come on over, Trevor. You won't find a room full of champions, just some (working) guys that like to bang the balls around together. We don't make it a practice to bar anyone...Jesse Bowman plays with us on rare occasion.

At times we've had guys travelling in from an hour or more away just to play golf with us. You can look at it two ways, 1) either our action is e-a-s-y or 2) we're a fun bunch of guys to hang with. I like to think it's the latter.

The room owner's saying is, "We won't cheat ya, but we'll sure try to beat ya".

Just ask Larry...he'll give you the straight scoop. Hell, make him come along...he usually only shows up on wednesday nights.
 
whereabouts is this hall? Only place I've been up thattaways is Bowman's place (Leisuretime). I occasionally get jobs in the quadcities, and wouldn't mind seeing a few new places....
 
trusty: Stay on 74 until you get into Iowa and take the Kimberly/Spruce Hills exit. Take a left at the base of the off ramp (you'll pass back under 74) and take a right at the next light (onto Elmore). Take the first driveway to the left and drive to the end of the building.

The first half of the building is the bowling alley.
 
Now..try to do that one 5 times in a row. Looks like a shot you need to practice. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top