SVB vs. Alex P Final Day

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is allright but he ain't no Jaden, he misses the finer details. Post the games like you make cases John.--Leonard

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shane breaks and has no shot at the one - rare to see. Plays a push and leaves a long reverse cut. Alex gives it back without getting out of the chair to look at it.

Shane is thinking it over. Shane sells out - Alex jumps out the chair. 3/6 tied up hard to get to from the two. Alex elects to shoot the one two rails into the cluster and freeze the cueball on the back of the nine. Shane tries to tie up more balls. Alex is playing safe. Playes a great safe freezing ball to the six leaving no good path to the one. Shane plays a shot to tie up the balls even more. Alex sticks the cueball to teh back of the ten. Leaves Shane a one rail kick - still tough - shane hits it and leaves Alex no shot. Alex sells out trying to play safe. Still not an easy table for Shane.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RShellhouse...Read my post. I said that I did NOT get to watch this match...so obviously I missed Shane "slinging a piece of chalk against the wall". Regardless, I personally find that kind of behavior unprofessional. I would have to say it's uncommon for Shane to act out...and most of the time is a great role model for professional pool.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Did you miss Shane slinging a piece a chalk against the wall?

or slapping his cue ?

Were we watching the same match?

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the cue shop- There is constantly 1 broken cue being fixed.

And at first they all say they didn't really hit it that hard on the table or the floor. They they can't understand why it costs so much to fix!! Here in Minnesota its almost always high dollar ,or collector Schons. Personally I think they should have to buy a New cue-then they'd learn to be a lot smarter!!!! Pool isn't Boxing- where you need the fight or flight reactions!!!!!!!!!!! Mark

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
night all

well this old man needs some sleep. catch you all later. and thanks alot to everybody for the great updates................mike

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They ought to put in rules, you slap your cue on the table it cost you 3 games, throw cue ball down on table (bouncing it) 5 game penalty. I can't stand temper tantrums, be professional

I've seen Tiger slam his club into the ground on many occasions. Not that this means what Shane did is ok.

My take on this.... if you are at a level where you are the best in the world at something, you need to have a desire in you that is beyond what most people can comprehend. There are champions that never do this stuff, like Efren, but I give them a pass in these situations... for better or worse. If he was on ESPN (ie being watched by the general public), then no, not acceptable.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Shane rattles the long one ball. Alex is still facing a tricky 3 ball. Stretched out sideways ove rth e table he doesn't get around for the 3. Must play safe. Oh I was wrong - he could see the three!!!

Made it but got a touch out of line straight in the side for the five. Draws his rock past the nine for the six but the angle is off and he has to shoot three rails deep in the corner to get back to the 7. Back in line.

Pounds the 8 in on 4" pockets to get shape on the 9 and FIRES THE TEN IN!

97:83 Shane

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Chinchilla...Well said! There are reasons why Efren is a national hero in the PI, where everyone from the guy who picks up your garbage, to the president of the country knows who you are...and it goes beyond just being an incredibly skilled player.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I've seen Tiger slam his club into the ground on many occasions. Not that this means what Shane did is ok.

My take on this.... if you are at a level where you are the best in the world at something, you need to have a desire in you that is beyond what most people can comprehend. There are champions that never do this stuff, like Efren, but I give them a pass in these situations... for better or worse. If he was on ESPN (ie being watched by the general public), then no, not acceptable.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Alex makes two balls and has shape on the one. The 4 is facign a 4/9 combo with the 9 a dimaond away from teh pocket. Alex nails it and has a fairly routine out here. Tiny touch low getting on the six but he is ok. Finishes the rack easily.

No give up in the Lion! Now THAT is professional.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Goodnight all I have been reffereeing the Charlotte APA cities since Wenesday night and I need some sleep, I'll check in to see how Shane school's Alex in the AM.--Leonard

Go USA

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Alex moves his break to the right - comes out dead perfect on the one. Nothing tied up. Little tricky getting from the three to the 4 to get a goo dline to get to teh five.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
leaves himself a tough cut to the side on the 4 - elects to duck by putting the 4 and cue ball on opposite ends. Shane kicks two rails and sticks the 4 to teh nine. Alex thins the 4 and plays safe. Shane half-masses and makes a good hit. Alex can see the full ball but it's tough to hold the CB for the five. Will he go fo rthe shot or play safe? Jay says bank it straight back.......:)

HE BANKS IT STRAIGZHT BACK TO HOLD THE CUEBALL FOR SHAPE.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm laughing a bit lol

Everybody smiling because of the spelling!!! not Professional-There is spell check JB. lol mark

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
OMG!! Monster BANK followed by an easy shot with teh bridge and Alex dogs it. But doesn't leave Shane a shot. Shane freezes the cueball to teh five. Alex has to come with something here.

Still 97:84 Shane.

Alex taps into the five double kiss. Don't know if the five is frozen. Shane rocks a great safe playing the cue ball 4 rails down to the middle diamond. Alex has a one rail kick but the five is more than a ball out.

Wow, he kicks and OVERCUTS it the five bobbles in and the cue ball SCRATCHES. Shane looking at four open balls.