SVB vs. Alex P Final Day

mikeiniowa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shane looks like he playing the ghost when he is getting the break going. Sick. How many breaks and runs did he have? I thinks Alex outmoved him but shane out ran him. If everybody doesnt run out and buy a break rak they dont want it bad enough.

great shooting by both classy players. fun to watch. I would of liked to see a standard pro am table instead of the extra tight diamond

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Almost had it by 20 like I called.

No one can beat that kid in the long race any more. NO ONE.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is king of the hill, I am not sure anyone will want to step up and play Alex, he is so tough. Thanks everyone for the updates.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, my thought on this is that Shane is a perfect example of the Talent thread. In other words he didn't get this good because he is talented. He got this good because he TRAINED for it.

Mark Griffin said he used the Break Rak intensively. Shane was in the room practicing his breaks for an hour before the match.

I think Shane is just more disciplined and if he would focus more then he might never dog a shot.

I still love Alex's game and heart more though!

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost had it by 20 like I called.

No one can beat that kid in the long race any more. NO ONE.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Earl beat him in a race to 100 this past April.

Besides, I don't think he has played Bustamante, Orcullo, Chia-Ching, Souqet, Appleton, etc.

Shane is great, no doubt about it. But to say nobody can beat him would be inaccurate.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member

Besides, I don't think he has played Bustamante, Orcullo, Chia-Ching, Souqet, Appleton, etc.

Shane is great, no doubt about it. But to say nobody can beat him would be inaccurate.

I'll give ya the rest because we haven't seen any of them in the race to 100 format, but Appleton has no chance whatsoever. I love Daz to death and he's a great guy, but you can even ask him yourself. He HATES the race to 100 and says he'll never do it again. Its not that he doesn't have the talent, I think its just that he's trained himself as more of a prominent tournament player, where he doesn't typically have to fade someone putting a 4,5 or 6 pack on him a few times in the same race. The race to 100 is a completely different monster and not for most tournament players. As for Souqet, we'll never see that happen since he doesn't gamble but i'd be interested in seeing how he held up during a long race, especially during his prime a few years back when his mental game was so high.

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats awesome of Shane ! He is def the best American player.

I would like to see him go toe to toe with Dennis Orcullo or Lee Van Corteza. Everyone I know says that no one will play Dennis in a money match in Philippines(thats strong) and that Lee Van is only one who can give him a hard time.

Can anyone from Europe stand up to Shane? Is shane the best non-asian alive now?

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to take my hats off to both players. I think stepping up like this, and playing that hard for that long in front of your peers is the epitome of great pool.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Shane for all your hard work on the practice table to save American pool.

nplum24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the updates......

Thanks everybody for the updates. Especially you Jaden, you did a great job! Very much appreciated.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree! Whether you played poorly, or just got beat by better play, there is no excuse for abusing equipment...by an amateur or professional player, imo. I have been unable to watch this match (with the exception of a few hours Friday night), but I can't remember ever seeing, or hearing about Shane abusing equipment...even when losing.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Huge Shane fan here but Shane abused the equipment the last race to 100 against Alex while the Lion was making his comeback. Spiked the cue ball on the table and slammed his shaft on the table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Shane rattles the long one ball. Alex is still facing a tricky 3 ball. Stretched out sideways ove rth e table he doesn't get around for the 3. Must play safe. Oh I was wrong - he could see the three!!!

Made it but got a touch out of line straight in the side for the five. Draws his rock past the nine for the six but the angle is off and he has to shoot three rails deep in the corner to get back to the 7. Back in line.

Pounds the 8 in on 4" pockets to get shape on the 9 and FIRES THE TEN IN!

97:83 Shane

Corner pockets are 4 1/8"th

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I can type 120 words a minute with less than two errors.

That's why I was able to get away with it.

Jaden

Well you did great!!! Today was frustrating because for some reason my internet connection was acting up and so all I had was your reports. Then at the end it came back strong and I saw you had to step out so I stepped in for the last couple games. I can also type 120 words a minute but it's in a language only I can understand. :)

Thanks for doing the reports all three days.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Corner pockets are 4 1/8"th

Whatever. Not going to quibble about the extra 1/6th of an inch on either side of the object ball.

Let me amend it then: He POUNDED THE ****ING EIGHT BALL IN WHILE FACING THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT OF HIS LIFE ON SUPER TIGHT POCKETS.

Three days of great pool. I know Justin didn't thank you on stream for the excellent rails but I will. You did great - the table played true and not weird. Both players provided some incredible outs on it and came with some monster shots. And they also hung up balls that they lost focus on.

All the way around, a great experience!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Whatever. Not going to quibble about the extra 1/6th of an inch on either side of the object ball.

Let me amend it then: He POUNDED THE ****ING EIGHT BALL IN WHILE FACING THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT OF HIS LIFE ON SUPER TIGHT POCKETS.

Three days of great pool. I know Justin didn't thank you on stream for the excellent rails but I will. You did great - the table played true and not weird. Both players provided some incredible outs on it and came with some monster shots. And they also hung up balls that they lost focus on.

All the way around, a great experience!

Thank you John, I'd just hate for the rumors to get started as to how tight this table was, you know how some people can blow things out of water with I "think"...LOL...even though it WAS tight pocketed.