SVB vs Chang Update Thread

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What's even funnier, is that NO other American Professional Pool players are willing to follow SVB,s lead. Must not be able to reach an agreement on a spot to make a match up fair, otherwise American Pro's don't have the balls to play even up!!
Guess you missed post #135 in this thread. Justin Bergman won a long match over Kevin Cheng at the 2019 Derby City Classic,

Also, there's nothing noteworthy about those Americans who choose not to get into tough action matches against the elite. After all, America has less than ten of the world's top hundred players based on Fargo Rate.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Guess you missed post #135 in this thread. Justin Bergman won a long match over Kevin Cheng at the 2019 Derby City Classic,

Also, there's nothing noteworthy about those Americans who choose not to get into tough action matches against the elite. After all, America has less than ten of the world's top hundred players based on Fargo Rate.
What did they play to? Was it on a 7ft, like with Dennis?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Shane ran out from nowhere to get it to 96-103 in favor of Chang.

Fantastic out from SVB.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What did they play to? Was it on a 7ft, like with Dennis?
Long race on a 9 footer. I think it was a race to either 21 or 25. Don't recall whether it was nine or ten ball, but Bergman took down the bet with Cheng on that occasion.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have leaned from almost 50-years experience that you never know what they prefer to be called until you ask them or know them.

I lived there from 1973-76 and go back to visit every so often.

My wife is from Taiwan. Sometimes she refers to herself as Taiwanese and other times as Chinese. She has never been to mainland China and I am not sure how many generations it would go back if her family ever were in China.
Maybe you should ask.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve learned from experience that most Taiwanese prefer to be called Taiwanese and not Chinese. Generally when I meet someone. I’ll specifically ask are you from China or Taiwan just to know the difference. I personally don’t care what people think or say regarding my race. I just accept it.

Similarly, my last name is spelled “Wang” pronounced “Wong” when I introduce myself to people. I generally say it’s Wang just to avoid confusion and questioning the pronunciation of my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, for being a reasonable and intelligent person.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long race on a 9 footer. I think it was a race to either 21 or 25. Don't recall whether it was nine or ten ball, but Bergman took down the bet with Cheng on that occasion.
Bergman sure holds up good for the cash. That’s always been his strong suit.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Oh, I thought you ment long race, to a 100, 120, even 150.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Yet only one real Pro, willing to play anyone, even if its NOT 10B.