Table vacuum

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for suggestions for a home table vacuum. Any help would be appreciated. :help:

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Just get a shop vac at Lowe's. Can't beat it for the price and they have tons of attachments for it. I have attachments to clean it my desktop computers and the car/truck. Works great on the table too

Lowe's offers a 10% discount for military too

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One hp Shop Vac, been using it for about 14 years now. Lowes or Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
a low power model, using a wide soft-bristled brush attachment, specifically from Sears (RKC recommended this), though I'm sure similar ones wil do fine.

these are fairly cheap and mine is dedicated for the pool table only and is stored underneath.

best,
brian kc

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Just get a shop vac at Lowe's. Can't beat it for the price and they have tons of attachments for it. I have attachments to clean it my desktop computers and the car/truck. Works great on the table too

Lowe's offers a 10% discount for military too

Funny story about my shop vac. Our washing machine went on the fritz one time and flooded our laundry room, living room, and kitchen. It was a rental house too and I thought we were going to be screwed by the water damage. Towels and sweeping the water just wasnt getting it up fast enough. Than my wife had the great idea of using the wet/dry shopvac to suck up the water. It took me ten minutes to clean out all the chalk and filter and maybe 45 minutes to get all of the water up off of the floors. That thing saved our butt from any water damage on the moldings.

That day my wife was a genius.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just use a shop vac, after I brush under the rail, and quick brush all the crap to one place to be picked up by the vac. Then I wipe down the table in the same direction with a dry microfiber cloth. It always looks great. The microfiber cloth picks up an amazing amount of chalk even after vacuuming.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
House vacuum cleaner with brush attachment works fine. No need to go buy a special one just to clean your table once every week or two.

neonlight

Registered
I have a Dirt Devil hand held model with a beater bar on it. I have used it for over 20 years on Simonis 860 cloth and it is fabulous. The beater bar sweeps up all the chalk from the cloth. Removing the chalk from the cloth provides the best action between the cue ball and the cloth. Too much chalk on the cloth is like trying to run in the sand.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have a Dirt Devil hand held model with a beater bar on it. I have used it for over 20 years on Simonis 860 cloth and it is fabulous. The beater bar sweeps up all the chalk from the cloth. Removing the chalk from the cloth provides the best action between the cue ball and the cloth. Too much chalk on the cloth is like trying to run in the sand.

While it's great that you have had good luck with that for such a long time, I would be real careful about using a beater bar type vac on any pool table with three piece slate.

The filler used at the joints ant repairs, beeswax, bondo, whatever, can def be loosened up with the beater and cause problems under the cloth.

I have seen it happen myself.

best,
brian kc

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member

Me too. I used to take the beater bar out. I put it back in when I got a diamond proam.

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
I have a Rigid Shop Vac with a water attachment head that really does the job.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the great replies. I've been using a shop vac as well but wondered if there was something better. My dog ate my attachment so it's time to go shopping.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Be careful of beater bars or strong suction. Here's what Simonis has to say on their website (ignore the X-! portion if you wish):

"The cloth can be brushed, but to remove the chalk and talc powders, it can be cleaned with the new Simonis X-1® or it can be carefully vacuumed with a non-rotating brush-head attachment that does not allow for too much suction to be formed. Some small vacuums can pick up bowling balls, but this will only stretch the cloth on the table and possibly harm the grouting of the slates as well. You should test your vacuum and brush attachment off of the table first to make certain that it is not going to damage the play surface. Less is more in this department. After all, you are trying to remove a fine powder from a smooth cloth, so don't overdo it. The Simonis X-1®, is a new device that will allow you to keep your cloth in great playing condition and extent the cloth's life.

The cloth can also be wiped with a damp (not wet) clean towel. This should only be done after the table has been vacuumed otherwise the dampness may cause the chalk dust to clump together (think of it as adding water to dry clay). Once the dampness has evaporated, a quick brushing is all you will need before playing as moisture will cause the fibers in the cloth to stand up and a quick brushing will smooth things out."

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shop vac with horse hair brush attachment. The same kind of hair in your pool table brush. The hair keeps too much vacuum from building up and causing problems. Then, as suggested earlier, wipe down with microfiber cloth to finish.

JC

Coos Cues
I drilled a hole in a good quality table brush with a hole saw and attached a one gallon shop vac. I hold the vac in one hand and the brush in the other. Then I go over the table with a Mr. Schticky lint roller, paint roller size.

JC

007.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I drilled a hole in a good quality table brush with a hole saw and attached a one gallon shop vac. I hold the vac in one hand and the brush in the other. Then I go over the table with a Mr. Schticky lint roller, paint roller size.

JC

View attachment 353533

View attachment 353534

View attachment 353537

Nice set-up. Creative.
I use an old Sears canister. The attachment I use has soft bristles.
Stay away from rigid nylon bristles. Also anyone looking to buy a unit be sure the hose is long enough.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot to say, I also use a small upholstery brush. I have an upholstery attachment for the shop-vac but no longer use it.