We play if you make a ball on the break you can keep the ball but shot goes to opponent or re break.
I like the option, interesting...
We play if you make a ball on the break you can keep the ball but shot goes to opponent or re break.
Ken, let's say two players (Darren Appleton and Dennis Orcollo) are in the finals of a tournament and first prize is $10,000 and second prize is $5,000. They play that match and Darren wins and gets 10K and Dennis gets 5K, did they just make a saver? Ken, your question leads me to believe that you don't actually know what a "saver" is. In the above scenario if the two players got their heads together before the match and agreed that the winner would give the loser back $1,000 after the match, then that would be a "saver." Get it?
If by close you mean winning a set by 1 rack like 30-29, then I doubt so. Races to 9 or 13 between closely matched players may be close with common wins by 1 rack like 9-8, 13-12. Race to 30 is about 2 or 3 times the short races so theoretically, close races will be winning by 3 to 5 racks like 30-27, 30-26. And that appears to apply in practice since there are seldom results in long races between closely matches players like 30-29 or 50-49 or 100-99. Any in recent memory?Seems like a pretty even match to me. If it's choice after a good break in 8 ball it will be a break and runout contest. Who ever blinks first will probably win. If take what you make, it will be the safe factor, which is about even IMO.
10 ball even.
1 hole I believe will be a fast paced runout style match. Both can runout from anywhere. Even again.
Should be a very close match on paper. Johnnyt
Thanks I tot the 10b final is this Friday. in 9ball, Dennis KOed in quarters. Biado lost in last 16. Amit out in 9ball. Efren lost in carom. So at least they have this 10b gold :smile:some update on Dennis. He just won the gold medal in the 10-ball event of the Southeast Asian games beating fellow Filipino, Carlo Biado.
I played in a pool hall with Buddy Hall for 3 years.....You think I dont know what a saver is?
If someone plays for 10K and wins the loser gets "0". = no saver.
If someone plays for 10K and loser gets 5K = built in saver.
Get it?
Ken
I played in a pool hall with Buddy Hall for 3 years.....You think I dont know what a saver is?
If someone plays for 10K and wins the loser gets "0". = no saver.
If someone plays for 10K and loser gets 5K = built in saver.
Get it?
Ken
Said it better than I could have.lol? Nobody on earth refers to a tournament's official payouts as a "built-in saver".
Calling it that is completely misleading.
With a SAVER, the players can CHOOSE to play for it all, or to chop.
With a PAYOUT, nobody can CHOOSE to play for it all.
Darren can't come into the 3rd day and say "Sorry Dennis. I don't want to do a saver. Winner takes all."
Look, we get it. You don't like TAR's policy of paying both players no matter what.
So just SAY that.
Don't start mislabeling payouts as "savers", which will confuse and mislead people into thinking
Dennis and Darren made some kind of agreement.
That hurts their reputation and TAR's also. That's how ugly rumors get started.