TAR 38: Appleton vs Orcollo January 17-19,2014

That handicapping sounds @ right to me. We know Darren is in stroke, but not sure what Dennis has been up to the last few weeks. Anyone know?

This match could be one for the ages - and I seriously mean one for the history books. Give me 1 other (other than Efren @ 12 years ago) that would be favorites over either Daz or Dennis in this matchup!

Dennis played in the Japan Open and several smaller events in Southeast Asia with mixed results. He is anxious to get back over here for DCC, the Swanee, and the U.S. Bar Table. He WILL be ready, that's for sure! Dennis treats pool as his profession, his means to support his family. He doesn't like to let them down.
 
Sweet, Can't wait. Looking forward to this one! Especially the 8-ball.

When you do the introductions could you please include the cue, shaft, tip, and chalk that the players use? Would be nice if that was a part of every introduction. I can't be the only one curious about that stuff and I'm sure the sponsors would appreciate it too.

I don't know what DAZ uses, but Dennis uses the equipment below.
Tiger LX Series TL-3
Ultra X Shaft
Tip, no idea.

I know that Tiger Cues hit very well. I've sold a ton of the shafts. If interested in one hit me up. I may throw you a free hat or towel in. :)
 
Damb It! I'm coming to Vegas in mid Feb. If I come for this people will start to think I have a gambling problem. Ah screw what people think.

Nick B
 
... When is the next podcast!.. This is s wonderful match... nice way to kick off the DCC... Thank you TAR..

the "bad" thing for the home front will be explaining why from the 14th until the 19th I am watching pool.. need to upgrade the Christmas present to get over on this one...!

Next podcast is this Thursday at 9 PM Eastern.
 
The X factor

I know most ppl say Darren is the favorite bc he is a slight favorite in 2 outa 3 of the disciplines.

And we all know that both players play on such a high level that anyone can win any discipline.

The X factor for me is that Dennis for the Cash is hard to fade. Yea... Before anyone says it "well isn't he always playing for the cash in a tourney?" He is but you got a long road to get there. But when he's in the finals it's just like a gambling match. Head to head he's hard to beat. Yang is the only one I can think of who's beaten him gambling big playing even.
 
Seems like a pretty even match to me. If it's choice after a good break in 8 ball it will be a break and runout contest. Who ever blinks first will probably win. If take what you make, it will be the safe factor, which is about even IMO.

10 ball even.

1 hole I believe will be a fast paced runout style match. Both can runout from anywhere. Even again.
Should be a very close match on paper. Johnnyt
 
That handicapping sounds @ right to me. We know Darren is in stroke, but not sure what Dennis has been up to the last few weeks. Anyone know?

Dennis, Efren and Rubilen Amit represented the Philippines in the Southeast Asian Games in Myanmar a couple of days ago. not sure about the results though.
 
Last edited:
Well I'll be watching. Winner breaks 8b/10b and alternate 1p?

PS: JP's photos are nice for this flyer. Very sharp.
 
I don't know what DAZ uses, but Dennis uses the equipment below.
Tiger LX Series TL-3
Ultra X Shaft
Tip, no idea.

I know that Tiger Cues hit very well. I've sold a ton of the shafts. If interested in one hit me up. I may throw you a free hat or towel in. :)

Darren is sponsored by predator so its predator stuff all the way.
 
This an awesome matchup!!!! It would be nice to have a good pod cast with both of them the week of the match!!!! Thanks TAR!!!
 
Can you pay by the day? Running my own 8-ball event Saturday night, but will try to catch the 10-ball.
 
This an awesome matchup!!!! It would be nice to have a good pod cast with both of them the week of the match!!!! Thanks TAR!!!

Even though Dennis doesn't say much, Appleton says enough for both of them...and I mean that in a good way. :wink:. Johnnyt
 
Can you pay by the day? Running my own 8-ball event Saturday night, but will try to catch the 10-ball.

Yes. Also the stream will loop each day until an hour before the next days play begins so you can catch it if you miss it live.

Podcast is planned for the 16th with Daz and Dennis.
 
I know most ppl say Darren is the favorite bc he is a slight favorite in 2 outa 3 of the disciplines.

And we all know that both players play on such a high level that anyone can win any discipline.

The X factor for me is that Dennis for the Cash is hard to fade. Yea... Before anyone says it "well isn't he always playing for the cash in a tourney?" He is but you got a long road to get there. But when he's in the finals it's just like a gambling match. Head to head he's hard to beat. Yang is the only one I can think of who's beaten him gambling big playing even.

This will be a great match yes. I look forward to it.

But to your point, ABSOLUTELY NOT is playing in the end of tourneys and gambling the same thing. Unless you yourself have ever been in the box betting 5 or 10k of your own cash you wont know the difference. There is a different pressure. Even for those staked its a different pressure. It will play tricks on the most seasoned of tourney players nerves. Theres other factors as well.
 
The podcast with Ronnie and Darren where they were doing the drills was one of my favorites so I'll be looking forward to this podcast too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top