TAR Offer To John Schmidt and Danny Harriman

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I was actually in Vegas when you and Corey played. Corey lost because he went to Vanity with me at the Hard Rock and partied all night with lots of girls and $3000 table service, and by that I mean that he had 1 beer and left early, lol.

I, however, did not leave early and didn't get up early enough to come and sweat ya'll the second day and I think you started at like 5 or so.

Vanity!!!!!!

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Vanity!!!!!!

I've got a picture somewhere of Corey and I at Vanity. He still had the same clothes on that he played the first day of the TAR match in. I'll see if I can dig it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I've got a picture somewhere of Corey and I at Vanity. He still had the same clothes on that he played the first day of the TAR match in. I'll see if I can dig it up

I'd rather see the pic of you up on stage pounding drums with Vanity, but I'll take what I can get.

What's Corey got going on his arm, is is wearing some Earl Strickland approved weight system?

Kevin

Last edited:

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Exactly!!!

John

I'm surprised by this whole development. I figured you would accept immediately and Danny would come back with stifling conditions and stipulations, but you've posted 4 or 5 times in this thread and not said if you would play or not. Shows what I know. Stuff like this must drive JCIN nutty.

I grew up thinking pool players were like gunslingers, guys just looking for any excuse to throw down and put it up. That was just some romanticized vision I guess.

TAR is offering to pay you both and still can't make it happen? I don't get it.

Kevin

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Just his fishnet stockings being pulled a little too tight!

--Jeff

I'd rather see the pic of you up on stage pounding drums with Vanity, but I'll take what I can get.

What's Corey got going on his arm, is is wearing some Earl Strickland approved weight system?

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Exactly!!!

Everybody is always ragging TAR as the "Shane Show", but I'm thinking Shane is always at least willing to throw down (besides being always a treat to watch). Can you imagine the frustrations of a promoter willing to pay both sides just to show and still not being able to bring the warriors into the arena?

Kevin

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in attendance if this happens if at all possible. I have not yet been out to Vegas to see the TAR studios but I was onsite in Louisville with WBM for the 14.1 portion at Q-Lympics and that was some fine straight pool and there some awesome parts in that match. I do not remember the scores but there was some back and forth and fouling going on then John on a pretty good run maybe 100+ and he finished by playing safe and Danny had a look of surprise when he was coming to the table and heard John say "You are on 2", I think Danny wound up winning that match and that was the best 14.1 I had ever seen up to that time and it was definitely better than the playoff matches at the Derby due to the length of the match allowing for multiple great runs. I look forward to seeing all the matches if it happens.

These are 2 great players. If they can agree on the play terms and how clean to have the balls this should be a great match. I hope it goes down.

Not that it matter to the players what I think but in my opinion Bill Stock is straight up fair and unbiased so I think that is a great pick for a ref.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Everybody is always ragging TAR as the "Shane Show", but I'm thinking Shane is always at least willing to throw down (besides being always a treat to watch). Can you imagine the frustrations of a promoter willing to pay both sides just to show and still not being able to bring the warriors into the arena?

Kevin

^^^ this. :thumbup:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
It Would

Not to beat this poor horse to death or to say some girl has got more balls than some guys, but how much cajoling would it take to get OMGWTF into action?

Kevin

Take Borana Andoni...plain and simple!

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Danny playing much these days? Looking at his prize winnings by year, it would appear he's playing less and less.

http://www.azbilliards.com/people/1411-danny-harriman/

The last time JCIN posted this offer, many moons ago, I interpreted Danny's response as:
1) I have a day job
2) It would take me a month of daily practice to get back in stroke
3) The money offered is not worth it

If he's making good money in a day job and does not have time for the above, his response seems rational, not necessarily a sign of cowardliness or that's he's holding some kind of grudge.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I'll step up to the plate against OMGWTF... I'm a C player too...

You know all the AZers would love to see a girl whup me... :rolleyes:

Short Bus Russ vs OMGWTF...

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol good point bud,for the record i think ive played 4 or 5 times on tar. im pretty easy to deal with.especially when opponent doesnt accuse me of putting stuff on qball like corey did or threaten me with 2 page letter like danny 2 days before match. people forget i lost to bartrum a set and we never had cross word because he was gentlemen, i lost and shook his hand and we r buds to this day. same thing with jason kirkwoon we never had problem because he doesnt accuse me of stupid stuff like danny and corey.
corey and i r ok it was a misunderstanding but harriman i cant reason with because he has issues nobody can fix.

John, John, John !

You started out so good and then you fell off the cliff.

Just say yes I will play, or no I wont play, thank you, Justin and TAR guys.

The more you make excuses for losing, or call Corey nuts, or insult Danny, makes you look....well...makes you look not good.

You sound like an APA 3 who just lost on league night....:rolleyes: jeez.

:rolleyes:

Ken

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive been a fan

of yours John for many years, but to post on this thread without ever addressing the original intentions of this thread is just POOR. If you want to play, say so ............ if you don't want to play, say so .............. if you need time to think about it, SAY SO but PLESAE don't be an A-Hole about it

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

John, John, John !

The more you make excuses for losing, or call Corey nuts, or insult Danny, makes you look....well...makes you look not good.

your right ken. ill play danny. and if we can make it winner take all then thats better. ill play no strings attached. by the way can u stake that guy in your avatar against me at even onehole. u really need to get out more if danny and him r your heros. lol roll eyes. for the record i think id b a strong apa 3 if anybody needs me to fill out their team.cliff owes more then the national deficit to people and u rag on me for stupid stuff. seriously ken pull your head out.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, John, John !

your right ken. ill play danny. and if we can make it winner take all then thats better. ill play no strings attached. by the way can u stake that guy in your avatar against me at even onehole. u really need to get out more if danny and him r your heros. lol roll eyes. for the record i think id b a strong apa 3 if anybody needs me to fill out their team.cliff owes more then the national deficit to people and u rag on me for stupid stuff. seriously ken pull your head out.

John -

Yes, you are right. You are the best. You are so mature.

I respect you and all you have done. You are quite the asset to humanity.

You are the best.

Ken

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

of yours John for many years, but to post on this thread without ever addressing the original intentions of this thread is just POOR. If you want to play, say so ............ if you don't want to play, say so .............. if you need time to think about it, SAY SO but PLESAE don't be an A-Hole about it
ok duly noted .at least there is some interest

Last edited:

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

John -

Yes, you are right. You are the best. You are so mature.

I respect you and all you have done. You are quite the asset to humanity.

You are the best.

Ken[/QU
dang ken lighten up,i didnt run over your dog or something. for the record thaks for the compliments i knew u would come around eventually lol... seriously ken im sure your a good guy. lets just live and let live bud

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks John for saying YES

I still have beer and popcorn left...probably not near enough to wait for Danny to respond!