TAR Podcast with Efren and Shane this Thursday 9PM EST

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To SVB, can you explain the difference in your break (cue ball position) on a bar box vs 9ft when playing 8 ball. Thanks and Good Luck .

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Shane:

Do you plan on getting more involved with promoting true professional pool to try to turn it back around from the stale state it is in now. Or do you think it is just a cycle that will correct itself as time passes.

For Efren:

Did you ever teach people to play pool? If not have you ever considering to open a school or a program to teach?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it true that you go ice fishing without a shanty and a heater?:eek:

How long do you stay out?

By yourself, or with some buddies?

What do you catch? What do you use for bait? For the pan or catch and release?

Is ice fishing some kind of mental toughness kung fu, transferable to playing pool?

.....asked by stream trout and largemouth bass fisherman

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To both champions:

To call or not to call? That is the question!

What rules do you prefer to use when playing Rotation games? (9 ball, 10 ball, Rotation)

1. No call shot
2. Call shot
3. Call shot/call safe

Which is more exciting for the fans and has the most potential to grow the sport?

p.s. - Kudos to Mr. Reyes for including Rotation!

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i remember the TAR Podcast with Alcano, Shaw and Daz. someone translated for Alcano, in case he did not understand the English. can i suggest having a translator for Efren too? in the previous efren/shane podcast, there were questions that efren was not able to answer well because there were some terms/phrases that he did not understand. efren knows how to deal with simple english conversations but i think having a translator would help him communicate better.

^^^agreed^^

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Efren:

Did you ever lose confidence in the "Color of Money" match back in 1996 when you were down 17 racks? What do you think were the keys to your comeback?

What are your views on Earl's current playing status? What aspects of his game have maintained or improved? What has declined? Do you consider Earl you most difficult opponent ever?

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard this was going to be the final TAR match. Is that true?

If so that is sad news.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

If so that is sad news.

Yes, that is unfortunately true.

Attachments

• Last_TAR_match.PNG
    Last_TAR_match.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 363

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

If so that is sad news.

Yup. Last match for me.

I couldnt think of two better players that represented what Chad and I wanted TAR to stand for. The decision to pull up has been in the works for awhile. After talking with Mark and making some decisions on what I want to do going forward it just made sense to use this match to end on.

The best player to ever play the game playing one of my good friends and the bright light for US pool in the next decade. It just doesn't get any better than that so we should end the matches with a bang instead of a whimper.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN....Damn...that's rough news.

I respect your decision, and appreciate what you have done for pool with TAR.

I wish you well in whatever you decide to do next.

You have set a high bar for quality streaming product and players that you have showcased.

Your wit and straight talk style are refreshing in the world of pool speak.

Take care

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Sorry to hear...

Sorry to hear this is the end but I know you've been hinting at it for some time.
Question for ALL OF YOU...

If there were to be a US TOUR, what game should be played and by what rules?

Call shot, NO PUSH 9-ball, Rack it on the spot for one suggestion....

15 Ball Rotation, American Rules for suggestion 2....

What do you ALL think ??

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both Shane and Efren aim with the cue tip about touching the cloth during their practice strokes. Why? Is this just a style thing or so they believe it helps them lock in the correct aim?

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Mark:

I've heard your pool halls in Alaska were very successful financially. If you were younger and just getting started in your career, could you replicate your success in today's pool environment?