Teach me to upload pics!! Please

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received some great help in this section earlier today…

Now I am wanting to learn how to upload images to my posts…
Sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me how to upload images to my posts. I am using an iPad.

Thanks!

Matt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received some great help in this section earlier today…

Now I am wanting to learn how to upload images to my posts…
Sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me how to upload images to my posts. I am using an iPad.

Thanks!

Matt

Use the PAINT software on your computer. Just reduce the pixel size. Pull the picture file into PAINT. It's easy peasy.

Not sure how to use an iPad.

Some folks use PHOTOBUCKET website, which may be a good alternative for you to upload your photos. Then you just post a link from Photobucket here.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
I've always used imageshack.us.

It's easy.

Google it and then follow the instructions.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always use the manage attachments option right below "submit reply". You can browse pics on your computer to pick the ones to upload. If a pic doesn't upload, usually it is too big and I use "paint" to resize as mentioned above.

KP

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
1. Open an account at www.imageshack.com
2. Follow directions to upload an photo
3. At the photo, click on "share" (or its icon)
4. Copy the "Direct" link
5. Open the AZBilliards thread (New or Reply To)
6. Click on the "photo" icon (bottom row, fifth from the right; the mountains and sun)
6. You'll get a dialog box that says "Please enter the URL of your image:"
7. Paste the "Direct" link in the box
8. Click on "preview post" to make sure it worked.

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the help guys… It's just different for an iPad if I was on a desktop or laptop non-Apple product it would be very simple... i guess the iPad is a little too advanced for this forum
Or my images are just too damn big and im going to have to use a photo sharing website like Photobucket

Thanks anyway

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this how do you it?
karmarama-ride-smart-campaign-london.jpg

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think we should update that permanent and comprehensive post (I like the idea of having such a thing, though). Imageshack has some issues. It's a little slow and overloaded at times, and it requires a free signup. And it seems to take down images all the time.

The best image posting site (imo) is http://www.imgur.com.

It handles like 99% of the images for some of the most massive websites out there (for example reddit, 400 million unique visitors last year). No signup, fast, easy, no ads (it's basically a hobby, the guy who runs it doesn't worry about turning a profit), allows direct links/hotlinking, and provides the image code for you in a variety of formats including the
format we use on AZB.

There's also a plugin you can get so you can just drag and drop an image to upload without even visiting the imgur website.