That magical chalk you love to use, powered by science!!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hi!

Please post your absolute favorite chalk. I am going to perform some testing on several lineages of chalks [different vintages of Triangle, Master, other chalks] to really dial in where different chalks are. Do you have a favorite chalk that you swear is just better than what is available today?

I have candidates listed below.

If you do not have a suggestion, please don't reply with grumbles about how you just use whatever and don't care, there is actual science afoot here!!

tumblr_m00qxhsU5J1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg

Will edit this post with candidates:

Current Master
Pre-flag Master with the 'IL' label
Pre-flag Master with the 'ILL' label
Triangle chalk by Tweeten from IL
Triangle chalk by Tweeten from ILL
Triangle chalk made by Kieckhefer
Magic Chalk from Russia
Kamui .98
Kamui 1.21
Predator Octagon chalk
Blue Diamond
Balabushka Performance chalk
Brunswick Gold Crown [new]
Brunswick Gold Crown [original]

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
[This thread is in response to seeing the phrase 'Chalk OCD'. I am going to validate said OCD. I have a particular favorite chalk from yesteryear and am curious to see what happens here]

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm satisfied with the Tweeten products....Master and Triangle.
...and I don't care whether the Master is pre or post flag.

I followed the chalk through a name change unknowingly....
....so I must be hooked to Tweetens

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
For the crazy expensive chalks, I am accepting donations of used up cubes. I need a few grams at most, not a brand new cube or anything. If anyone has a mostly shot cube of any higher end chalk, please PM me [Both types of Kamui, Predator, Magic, anything hard to find with a massive premium]

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
There's actually a difference between GC Brunswick? Didn't know there's a current and original.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
They have made a couple of different versions since 1961

Hmm. I have another batch of GC coming which the seller said is the past and not current ones. I have the current ones though. I'll take a look when it reaches me.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Please test the Sang Lee chalk. It is preferred by many of the top billiards players - certainly seems to be a superior product.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Actually I'm wondering what equipments would you use to test the chalk with? :confused:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Please add the cheap stuff that you might find in a bar to see how that compares (something generic).

-td