That magical chalk you love to use, powered by science!!!

staypuff578

Team Ramrod
Silver Member
I'm very picky when it comes to chalk, though I haven't tried many, blue diamond and Masters blue (no preference between pre/post flag) are what I swear by.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
If you're gonna do a comparison, why not include Silvercup, so everyone can see the difference in extremes. Sportscraft, too...

It will be interesting to see the results. Thanks for making the effort.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Blue Diamond, think it's slightly better than master which really isn't bad.
I do use Kamui 1.21 for my jump cue sure helps..

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear that F. Caudron also has a brand of chalk. Would like to try those too. I've used Masters forever. Still like it, but I've been using Blue Diamond recently and its seems better.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This is an example of the pre-flag I am going to test. Will explain the materials and performance testing to be undertaken soon. Very comprehensive!

Attachments

• IMG_20131207_114434.jpg
    IMG_20131207_114434.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 237

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With pre-flag Master, or any older chalk,remember age and/or condition may effect your outcome. The last box I bought is not lasting nearly as long as my previous box. It's probably drier than my last batch and is disappearing fast.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to your test.

Cheers,
RG

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm using kamui .98 right now. LOVE IT, but I don't have any other reference other than regular master chalk which is the only chalk I've ever used until now.

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle chalk made by Kieckhefer....

I bought a half gross of this stuff a couple years ago and have been very happy with it.
I don't know if it is different since it switched manufacturers but I would love to know.

When it runs out I will probably try Blue Diamond.

Carl

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle chalk made by Kieckhefer....

I bought a half gross of this stuff a couple years ago and have been very happy with it.
I don't know if it is different since it switched manufacturers but I would love to know.

When it runs out I will probably try Blue Diamond.

Carl
I've been trying out Kieckhefer too recently and very impressed by it. Can play draws so low that I'd usually miscue with the regular triangle chalk. It's a darker blue than the standard triangle chalk that snooker players usually use..... just my initial experiences.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I've been trying out Kieckhefer too recently and very impressed by it. Can play draws so low that I'd usually miscue with the regular triangle chalk. It's a darker blue than the standard triangle chalk that snooker players usually use..... just my initial experiences.

Where do you get them from?

Its the standard blue chalk color right?

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered mine over eBay a few years ago. It came from england if I remember correctly. Also mine is the green. I've come to prefer green over the classic blue. Just seems to make sense with green cloth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk