Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I probably already said this in this or another similar post:

Mizerak: smoothest
Buddy Hall: most efficient
Kim Davenport and Louie Roberts: most coordinated

Growing up, if someone asked me what a poolplayer's stroke should look like, I always pointed to Kim Davenport and Louie Roberts.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I probably already said this in this or another similar post:

Mizerak: smoothest
Buddy Hall: most efficient
Kim Davenport and Louie Roberts: most coordinated

Growing up, if someone asked me what a poolplayer's stroke should look like, I always pointed to Kim Davenport and Louie Roberts.
We are both looking through the same lenses-I agree 100%.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
318CF358-BF82-47F6-8A99-F9C41A513CC6.jpeg

3E28CCEF-9F70-4BB7-B27C-677EE02DE72A.jpeg

Here’s a couple pics I took in 2016 in Germany. Was just a fluke I caught the 9 in the jaws. He dabbed it 100mph.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
other than my earlier post about allison, the best players stroke I have ever seen was a man named Pat Wren, who is/was one of the best players in the daytona beach/ormond beach area. His stroke was beautiful to watch. That guy could make the cueball dance. Anybody know him?
As you can see in the two images below, Pat's a very busy, successful and interesting guy:

Pat Wren with photo.JPG

Note that he's also now a professional Billiards instructor:

Pat Wren.JPG
Arnaldo
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments

• Pat Wren.JPG
    Pat Wren.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 46

skiergd011013

As you can see in the two images below, Pat's a very busy, successful and interesting guy:

View attachment 660342
Note that he's also now a professional Billiards instructor:

View attachment 660344Arnaldo
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i went down there after highschool for a while and stayed with family. I played on some leagues and that's how i met pat. That guy beat everybody. I know and remember his exact stroke. It was honestly the best pool stroke I have seen. I have always wanted some videos of him playing. Next time I go down there I will get a hold of him.

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool old vid of Louie playing Gary Seville. 3 parts:
Recorded at Cue-n-Cushion in St. Louis. Very cool spot which is still open btw.
Holy smokes! Thank you so much! I have never seen Louie play before and didn't know footage existed. I've only heard the stories. The real deal is even better than I imagined. I can watch him and Keith play all day. He made one shot in the match cutting a ball down the rail at almost a 90 degree angle, about 3 inches from the cueball! All without even hesistating to take on the shot. @jay helfert you were damn right.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best cue action? Semi Sayginer

Oh you meant pocketing balls? The Rocket followed oh so closely by Judd Trump.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fat boy, what do you think of busty stroke now? Compared to his heyday in the late 90s though to mid 2000s?
He definitely changed something, looks like a really big pause now, before he shoots
I remember back in 99 when I first saw him. The Most creative player.
Anybody remember Evgeny Staliv, Russian billiards player? His stroke was so bizarre he made Busty look orthodox. Watching him play would mesmerize me.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best is like Favorite, it personal choice.

Plus people all have good and bad days, Like Zbsbe ZRuth. People know his home run record, but few know how many times he STRUCKOUT.🥳
Google....Ruth never struck out more than 100 times a season, although lead the league 4 times.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Where'd you watch Searcy? I saw him in many 9 ball tourneys in the SF south bay area in the late 60's. He and Dal Porto ruled.
Didn't Denny have an almost imperceptible slip stroke?
Played em on Market Street in my youth 1970 at the Crystal Palace, also played at Cohcrans/with the big fan in the back where you could smoke weed. Lived on Laguna off Vaness and worked at Henry Africas tending bar. Next time I saw em was in Burlington IA ring game 71 and a few times after that. You probably remember Ron Barber, played bar pool at the Bus Stop, on that 4x8 bar table with the big ball. I also yrs later opened up tending bar at the Rusty Pelican above the Opakalaka tube? Before the 880 freeway collapsed. Also played/beat Daulton at a pool room on top? of VanNess 1970, I was 21 then.
bm

Canuckpool1976

Reading Dr Dave elbow drop thread. With some debate going on, got me thinking about what is considered the best stroke or the most perfect cue action. I think this is very subjective.
For me, in my eyes, Efren had the best cue action. I find him fascinating to watch. It was those early 90s. I Never seen anybody since, who made the game look so easy.

I know guys today, focus so much on technique. With fedor gorst and filler being at the top of the list.
I could include snooker players into this. But I would like to, keep this just to the pool disciplines.

What do you guys consider, the players with the best stroke /cue action

Canuckpool1976

Reading Dr Dave elbow drop thread. With some debate going on, got me thinking about what is considered the best stroke or the most perfect cue action. I think this is very subjective.
For me, in my eyes, Efren had the best cue action. I find him fascinating to watch. It was those early 90s. I Never seen anybody since, who made the game look so easy.

I know guys today, focus so much on technique. With fedor gorst and filler being at the top of the list.
I could include snooker players into this. But I would like to, keep this just to the pool disciplines.

What do you guys consider, the players with the best stroke /cue action you have seen?
Unless your talking a pretty pool stroke the players with the best pool stroke have to be the players who’s strokes have won them the most. Efren, Earl, Van boening, Allison. They’re strokes however pretty or not they may be have gotten the consistent results. If your just talking putting spin on the ball then maybe Earl, Larry Nevel or Florian Kholer.
Cue ball control-Efren.
I know plenty of league players who have big big pretty flowing strokes but can miss anything.