The best stroke/cue action you have seen

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sigel's stroke was short a choppy and he jerked a lot. He had a bad rhythm to his game if you ask. Always getting down then up then down then up then down

Never like his "flow"
Part of his flow I believe always had a dash of lemon. The guy could/can do so much how do you reel it in?
I would've copied him but his way required too much contortion for my size. I think very few "player sized" players tried emulating him either. Still, just watching the tip of the cue was a profound revelation. Like those CNC machining videos on youtube. Precision is fundamental.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
One thing I distinctly remember about Sigel was.
The object ball sound entering the pocket.
Blind fold me in a room of 50 tables that were all rented out.
If Mike was hitting balls, I'd guarantee/BET any amount, I could point in his direction every time where and if he was playing.
The way Mike struck the cue ball into the obj. ball was unique among his peers.
The object ball was rarely if EVER Rolling into the pocket, it slapped the pocket as it entered with no rotation on that ball.
A VERY distinct ''Slapping'' sound that no other player consistently did.
When he pocketed balls, moving the cue ball around the table for shape, he was deadly.
He rarely missed, and that sound of his obj ball entering the pocket was all Mike, the obj. ball always seemed to enter at a higher speed than his peers.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The prettiest stroke I have ever seen belonged to a guy I believe was just a solid shortstop. I was looking for video of a slipstroke and somebody sent me a very short video of this man, no longer than a gif although it was a standard video file. I could let it loop for ten minutes or more at a time. Big slip, but he was doing other things too. It seemed his right arm was made of rubber or had at least one extra elbow joint in it.

Didn't seem human and it was absolutely hypnotizing trying to figure out how he shot! Reminds me of a lady I followed around a mall in Terre Haute watching her walk. She had movement that just didn't seem possible too! I quit following her only because I didn't want somebody reporting me thinking I was stalking for nefarious reasons.

The sad part about the stroke, I lost the video when a computer died without warning. The guy I thought I got the video from didn't have it. I don't know who I was watching and have never seen any other video of him playing. One of the main reasons I practice a slip stroke enough to be able to use it now and then. Nothing magic when I do it, he was pure magic!

Allen Hopkins has the prettiest ugly stroke in pool. Ain't much to go wrong with a six inch jab! A black man, pretty sure it was Cisero Murphy, had a sweet stroke, pretty to watch and he was near magic shooting himself!

My opinion, a pump stroke using the whole arm is prettier than a pendulum. Just as effective if not more so. A pendulum is easier for an instructor to teach and troubleshoot, it's main virtues assuming a player can get low to the table. A pendulum is lousy with a high stance.

Hu

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sigel's stroke was short a choppy and he jerked a lot. He had a bad rhythm to his game if you ask. Always getting down then up then down then up then down

Never like his "flow"
Respectfully Louie, watch this sheer Sigel perfection beginning to end, then get back to us about Mike's rhythm and flow in his prime:

Arnaldo ~ I guarantee it as the best, most inspiring single-hour of pool spectating you'll ever spend . . . even if you have zero interest in 14.1 ____________________________________________________________________________________________

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing I distinctly remember about Sigel was.
The object ball sound entering the pocket.
Blind fold me in a room of 50 tables that were all rented out.
If Mike was hitting balls, I'd guarantee/BET any amount, I could point in his direction every time where and if he was playing.
The way Mike struck the cue ball into the obj. ball was unique among his peers.
The object ball was rarely if EVER Rolling into the pocket, it slapped the pocket as it entered with no rotation on that ball.
A VERY distinct ''Slapping'' sound that no other player consistently did.
When he pocketed balls, moving the cue ball around the table for shape, he was deadly.
He rarely missed, and that sound of his obj ball entering the pocket was all Mike, the obj. ball always seemed to enter at a higher speed than his peers.
Cj had the same effect on me. He plays like that too.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Dunno that I have one I could label "best", but can't believe nobody has mentioned Justin Bergman by now. To put it politely, he can be agonizingly slow to watch...but the stroke itself? Yep...he's a player. Here he is on a bar table vs. Dechaine.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
siming chen it doesnt get any smoother. She looks like a refined Buddy

Mickey_T

I would think that Jim Rempe would have to be on the list for sure . His stance , stroke and fundamentals were so straight on it would take a Sumo Wrestler to wobble him off his stance. Just my opinion