The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Some people just never get it. I think some people are just not 'wired' to see the relationship(s) of colliding spheres.

Well people do not understand you can not build much with one tool, yes you can build a shelter for night with good knife & know how. Build a customer real home requires many skills & tools.

Bring better then average at Pool requires mastering many skills. This weekend is the Master Golf Event, best pros in world going for Green Jacket, and Prize Money.

Yesterday many of the best shooter golfers in world were missing simple putts. Strange to see so many great blow what appeared to be simple short putts. Guess the greens, humidity, temperature was factor in miscalculations.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the Covid 19 from the 1st of Nov until about the 18th. Ended up in the ER one time. Made it thru and ready to rock and roll and do some more lessons.

The good news is I'm immune right now so I can go into homes doing personal lessons feeling confident not to make anyone sick.

To celebrate being over it I'm going to do a few free lessons on skype.

Got some new info to share also. You got it, it has to do with this dominant eye. We never stop learning and I never stop sharing.

Just shoot me a PM and Ill get the first 3 scheduled.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Actually you can get Covid 19 more then once. I would not be over confident.

I will let you do your own research on my statement, but it true, and has been written about on many News sources.

No GHene your not Covid 19 after one game, you could be back in the Covid 19 game again.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get educated my friend. Allot of misinformation on the internet and news over the past 11 months.

If you want to learn how to take care of diabetes talk to someone that has taken care of it for years.

Same with any illness.

I've been covid 19 free for about a week. I talk with medical people for the past month to learn. Not the internet.

So funny today. I'm at Costco and I see someone I know. I tell them I just got over Covid 19 an they backed up like I have the plague.

If you want to find out the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth talk to someone that has lived it.

4 to 5 days after contact a person can start showing symptoms. Sore throat, dry cough. Soon you lose your taste, I mean really lose it. Can't tell honey from garlic. Sinuses are plugged up and you have a little trouble breathing. This breathing part can turn on a dime and get real bad so you need to stay close to the phone in case.

Each day you wake up it creeps a little bit more down in the chest. When it gets down far enough it starts to feel like you are getting stabbed with a knife when you cough.

As soon as your chest gets saturated with the virus this stabbing pain goes away when you cough and you are just really congested in your chest.

One day it got really bad so I went to the ER. Mistake for me. There for about 5 hours. Bad experience. Nothing they could do anyway. Would have been better off staying home and using the energy I have to help the immune system fight it.

Then one day just like with any virus the game is over. Your immune system has kicked it's ass. Now your body has to get rid of all the mucus that has been left over from the virus.

The cough lingers on and the chest is not good but you know the virus is gone.

It's been one week since I've been virus free and feeling pretty good.

I had pretty much all the symptoms like most people do that are older.

I've been there and done that. Talked to medical experts first hand.

Anyone have any questions I'd be glad to help.

You can put this info in the bank and collect interest.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the CDC has put out the information about people getting the Covid thing more then once. Guss in your mind Geno they are not a reliable source.

Most people do not want this bug once. Doctor are good, and bad. Graduate first in your medical class, or dead last you get title DOCTOR.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CDC is doing the best they can with an invisible enemy that they themselves have learned on the fly. Please don't tell me how I think by saying in my mind that I don't think the CDC are a reliable source. They are doing the best they can do and the info has changed as they learn themselves.

Our DR's and nurses out there are the heros right now on the front lines. Doing the best they can do right now with the tools they have to work with. They are all good. Best people in the world.

Once a person has this covid 19 the battle is on. Once you go to the ER, can't breath, and realize there is nothing available to help them right now it's kind of shocking. You are just at the mercy of this virus just like at the beginning. But one thing they do tell you is this virus can turn on a dime and your in for the fight of your life.

Once infected you are in one of the most personal battles of your life. Not knowing what will happen tomorrow. And each day you can feel it getting a little worse. The stages of worse can be a little alarming but it is just what the virus does.

And just when you think you can't go thru this anymore your immune system finally gets a grip and seems to melt the virus in it's tracks.

But the battle is not over yet. Your body has been a battlefield against one of the most vicious viruses ever. Creating battle scars inside your body that need to heal.

I'm lucky. Happy with the healing I'm doing inside but others are not so lucky.

This will be different for so many people out there that survive but they will be left with what they have left as far as their health.

The people that have had the virus and survived will understand what I am saying. People that have not had it not so much.

Dr's and Nurses on the front lines especially understand the score. The info they share is golden. But it doesn't do much good to share info to people that are hearing but not really listening.

Stay safe everyone. Listen and learn. It might just save a life......

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Geno forgot all the support people who seldom get credit for the support work they do. With out these people doctors & nurses could not function.

Friend is Firefighter - Medic in paid department. His department don't do medals for bravery. He agrees his job is running into danger. He says it's what I choose to do for a living, help people, nothing heroic .

Most Medal of Honor receptents were not trying to do anything special when they did what they did to get medal. Just save self, couple of others, or bunch of folks by doing their job.

Most do not consider themselves heroes, just what they were trained to do, worrier, fighter, medic, etc.

The term Hero is being over used, and is becoming like a partisipation trophy.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll say one thing for Geno. I been working on alignment.

It's where it all starts. Like a big puzzle we need to get all the pieces in the right place. The flat pieces are like the dominant eye. Getting the dominant eye in the right position is like knowing where the corner pieces are. Then we can sort all the colors and put them together. Pretty soon we have the whole picture.

So many players have replied on here with many things that are correct as far as shooting good pool. But without the puzzle put together with common sense it takes forever to get the whole picture correct. It's amazing how well many players play that have so many missing puzzle parts to their pool game. It's a shame especially when the info is out there but then again just listen to the replies on here and the negativity from players that have no clue shines thru. Helps good info get buried in the junk heap of misinformation. The guy that just thinks he knows and shares his misguided info with the world.

Now some people will argue and say, I like doing the puzzle by just picking up one piece and try to figure out where it goes by picking up one piece and try to find the one in 5,000 others that it connects to and then another and then another. . It would take forever. But then again they could get by with one puzzle every 2 years because that is how long it would take to put it together.

Why would a pool player want to not get better? Why would a pool player want to play bad?

They do want to get better but just don't know what will help them get there.

The info I share on here my friends you can put in the bank and collect interest.

Glad to see you are starting to see the light. Like Rodney Morris wrote in my lessons notebook. """ I saw the light. 6/9/2009. Signed Rodney " The Rocket" Morris.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Geno you ask why would a player want to not get better. Could be they do not want to spend their lives in a Pool room, blowing time, with no future of getting rich, wealthy, or well off. Some people play sports for fun, and entertainment. Only to be recreational level player, winning is not important, have fun is.

These are gthe people hustler approch to play some for money, and get turn away by I did not play for money. Hustler hate these people, keep them from eating.,

Same reason people go surfing, and never become Pro Surfers, ride wave is a challange, recreation, and they know a real job pay the bill. Plus if they have the right job they can Surf when the wave are breaking good.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see you are starting to see the light. Like Rodney Morris wrote in my lessons notebook. """ I saw the light. 6/9/2009. Signed Rodney " The Rocket" Morris.

Not to be a dick about this but I'm still on my cue ball last method and double vision sighting. The hard part is zeroing out the center ball, 180 degree straight line. For instance I can usually shoot a dead cue ball but not exactly straight at the object ball. The inverse where I nail the 180 degree angle but the ball has some spin on it also comes up. Finding that spot so far has been like learning to ice skate - I can't at all. Still plugging away. Incidentally, cue ball last is working and has improved considerably with the 180 degree drills. I modified my PSR to arrive at correct cue placement before getting down and now just get down "around" where the cue already is. It's very accurate.

Apologies to da Rocket. :D

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I have been playing this game for entertainment over 60 years. Got the Pool bug at Boys Club in Miami, FL.

Yes I have spend $7.00 for a Big Table Event, $.5.00 plus splitting quarter toward a $.50/Game Bar Box Per Game Fee.

Think the most I ever won in a siogle night of or day of a Tournment was $80.00. Nothing to get excited about.

Fun, Enertainiment are my goals.

I do not gamble on pool, never have. Want to play for a bottle of cold beer. That my limit.

If you into playing got money, I am not interested.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to be a dick about this but I'm still on my cue ball last method and double vision sighting. The hard part is zeroing out the center ball, 180 degree straight line. For instance I can usually shoot a dead cue ball but not exactly straight at the object ball. The inverse where I nail the 180 degree angle but the ball has some spin on it also comes up. Finding that spot so far has been like learning to ice skate - I can't at all. Still plugging away. Incidentally, cue ball last is working and has improved considerably with the 180 degree drills. I modified my PSR to arrive at correct cue placement before getting down and now just get down "around" where the cue already is. It's very accurate.

Apologies to da Rocket. :D
When giving a lesson I sometimes use this method when nothing else seems to work. Stand in the preshot and be in your starting position with your body turned to 2:00 if your right handed. Move your head over so you are lined up in the preshot. Doing this will kinda get the body where it needs to be and will help get the eyes there naturally. Come down on the shot looking at the object ball, keeping the cue ball in your line of sight. Once down you can look at the cue ball and get the cue where it needs to be exactly. If you kept your head still the shot will still look as good as it did when you first got down.

Unfortunately there are not 2 or 3 best ways to do things executing a pool shot.

If your eyes and alignment isn't good nothing seems to work well.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Well Genomachino came to AZB years ago, hyping his "Perfect Aiming System" & DVD by the same name.

Hawking his $80.00 CD. If the man was some World Class player he would be a sponsored player. Non of the places like Pool Dawg, Muellers, Seberts, etc, have his "Perfect Aiming DVD" in their inventory for sale. Wonder why if it the holly grail?

Like I said before I have actually view the DVD, returned it to it owner, Fast Larry of Lawrenceville, GA. Say nothing that personally excited me.

Aiming or perfect aiming is only one small part of a person arsenal of tools to play pool. If you can not hit a ball straight down the length of a 9 foot table, and get it to roll back in a straight line, you got problems, and there are a lot of other, if's that are all skills one must master to become a better player.

Genomachino is a pretty good salesman, I expect he could make a good living selling Jewelery, Cars, or Hime Improvements. JMHO
You seem to assume that only a Champion or one who has won several tournaments can teach...Some of the best Football coaches in history were not great or champion players....Same with Basketball and Baseball, great managers and coaches but were never great or champions them selves...Some can play like a champion but they can't seem to teach the game...Some don't play as good but are great teachers.....

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Trust me there were great players who could teach well, and teacher who were great at teaching, but never played well. Now if we're are talking about DVD Perfect Aiming, it's content was nothing, would not drop $5.000 on it, but then I have seen it, and laughed. Would be better to buy a USED copy of 99 Critical Shots for under $10.00 then buying that Aiming DVD. IMHO

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is that in computer billiard simulator games, like Shooter´s Pool. Which is close to perfection. Bad players are still bad. good good. Everyone see definitely same thing coz it is a game. Also everyone shoots perfect straight. Still people miss same shots than real life..
Maybe there is something hidden knowledge on that ;)

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seem to assume that only a Champion or one who has won several tournaments can teach...Some of the best Football coaches in history were not great or champion players....Same with Basketball and Baseball, great managers and coaches but were never great or champions them selves...Some can play like a champion but they can't seem to teach the game...Some don't play as good but are great teachers.....

Cowboy neglected to tell everyone that I beat allot of world class players winning the Desert Classic Tour event in 2009 while I was there teaching.

Also, Frank Robartz was rated a 9 when I first got to Denver. He was my first student. 1 month later I talked him into getting into the tournament. Now Frank was a 9 rated player. The way the rating system was down there in Phoenix , the next level was a 10. Then it was a 10 minus 1 and then a 10 minus 2. So being a nine was 3 ratings lower than the top. This is why Frank thought he didn't have a chance to win.

Players came from all over the country. Frank was on one side of the brackett and I was on the other.

Guess who played who in the finals. Frank Robartz and the Perfect Aim guy, Gene Albrecht.

It was no surprise to players that I won the tournament but the big shocker was that Frank got second. I think he went for $20 in the calcutta.

Cowboy has been dogging me and my Perfect Aim for 11 years because he doesn't understand it and can't make it work for him.

Thanks Cowboy for constantly bumping my posts back to the top for 11 years.

I think you have the record right now with around 37,000 replies give or take a thousand.

Thank you my friend even if it is misinformation.......

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well as I said before but you do not apprently understand, I had the opportunity to view your DVD, it did not for me. saw nothing worth the $80.00 you were charge for it. If I recall when I commented I did not get it, or comprehend what message you were trying to convey. Your reply was as confusing. Instructional material should be design to teach, not confuse. Great teachers can teach many, as teaching is an art form, not many master that art from well.

Let's say diplomatically I was not impressed with what I saw, and was happy for the opportunity to see the loaner DVD. The DVD was returned to owner. He got same feed back from other who review the material.

I have been asking the same question for many years Geno, if indeed your aim system & DVD teach it is so great. Why is the DVD not available on site like Seberts, PoolDawg, etc. You would think if it was they too would want to make some money off the DVD, plus it would give you exposure to their customer for sales. Those sales would equal revenue to you.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well as I said before but you do not apprently understand, I had the opportunity to view your DVD, it did not for me. saw nothing worth the $80.00 you were charge for it. If I recall when I commented I did not get it, or comprehend what message you were trying to convey. Your reply was as confusing. Instructional material should be design to teach, not confuse. Great teachers can teach many, as teaching is an art form, not many master that art from well.

Let's say diplomatically I was not impressed with what I saw, and was happy for the opportunity to see the loaner DVD. The DVD was returned to owner. He got same feed back from other who review the material.

I have been asking the same question for many years Geno, if indeed your aim system & DVD teach it is so great. Why is the DVD not available on site like Seberts, PoolDawg, etc. You would think if it was they too would want to make some money off the DVD, plus it would give you exposure to their customer for sales. Those sales would equal revenue to you.
I give up. You win. Just keep bashing me and what I teach. If you don't get it it must be junk. The problem is if maybe just one player that might want to learn this changes their mind because of you what a shame.

Isn't it strange that you are the only one on here bashing me all the time. The players that I've taught on here give rave reviews.

I don't get it. I'm missing something here.

I'm sure you have some more words of wisdom to bash me and what I teach.

5 years learning and teaching from pool hall to pool hall. 5 years. Been teaching this since 2009 with great success everywhere.

It's a shame that one person that doesn't get it can just sit in the recliner on the computer and bash away.

sorry but I'm really tired of it after 11 years. Seems like your one goal in life is to bash me and Perfect Aim.......no matter what anyone says that loves what they learned.