The LAST GUS SZAMBOTI cue...

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have moved and started talking to an interesting gentleman. He has tons of old Southwest, Kersenbrock and other old cues. He laughed when he saw me playing with an old JW cue, he said he used to have a barrell of them...

Anyway, he has an old Szamboti cue, that is awesome, but the most interesting part of the deal is he got it and 2 days later, Gus passed away. While I dont know how Gus did building and shipping of cues, but it would seem that this could possibly be the last of the masters cues.

He has all boxes, receipts, packing materials etc. A few years ago, he offered it for sale but nobody was interested and he had just put it away. I was wondering if Jamie and the gang at the Midwest Cue show group might be interested in seeing it.

I have been trying to get ahold of the guy to see if he wants to take it and a few of the other ones he has to the show.

Ken :smile:
 
I have moved and started talking to an interesting gentleman. He has tons of old Southwest, Kersenbrock and other old cues. He laughed when he saw me playing with an old JW cue, he said he used to have a barrell of them...

Anyway, he has an old Szamboti cue, that is awesome, but the most interesting part of the deal is he got it and 2 days later, Gus passed away. While I dont know how Gus did building and shipping of cues, but it would seem that this could possibly be the last of the masters cues.

He has all boxes, receipts, packing materials etc. A few years ago, he offered it for sale but nobody was interested and he had just put it away. I was wondering if Jamie and the gang at the Midwest Cue show group might be interested in seeing it.

I have been trying to get ahold of the guy to see if he wants to take it and a few of the other ones he has to the show.

Ken :smile:

I am going to be at the show with about 50 Szamboti's and I would love to see the cue. If he wants to sell the cue he should probably get Barry to write a letter that this was the last cue his Dad sent out.
 
Wow. Talk about a great retirement plan. This collection should be spectacular, especially if it has never been shown before. Photos would be great, as close as I'll ever get to cues like this!
 
Wow. Talk about a great retirement plan. This collection should be spectacular, especially if it has never been shown before. Photos would be great, as close as I'll ever get to cues like this!

LOL,

He knows and owns all of the OLD MASTERS.

I told him I had a SHOWMAN on order and should get it next spring and he had never heard of him.....

He plays with a old old old Southwest, different than any I have seen, he was ordering 2 a year for years, and finally got crossways with Laurie, and quit ordering.

He does have some old JW cues that I have seen too.

Ken
 
I am going to be at the show with about 50 Szamboti's and I would love to see the cue. If he wants to sell the cue he should probably get Barry to write a letter that this was the last cue his Dad sent out.
John, you dah Man:grin: this would be very special in your Collection.
In about two weeks, I have some Special Twins for your Collection too:eek::grin:
Ralf
 
Anyway, he has an old Szamboti cue, that is awesome, but the most interesting part of the deal is he got it and 2 days later, Gus passed away. While I dont know how Gus did building and shipping of cues, but it would seem that this could possibly be the last of the masters cues.

Ken :smile:

I believe there was one that Gus was working on that he was almost but not quite done with that is considered the last one. I'm vague on whether Barry finished it or not.
 
Ken...This gentleman wouldn't happen to live in El Paso would he? The fellow I'm thinking of, was very close friends with Jimmy Moore.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I have moved and started talking to an interesting gentleman. He has tons of old Southwest, Kersenbrock and other old cues. He laughed when he saw me playing with an old JW cue, he said he used to have a barrell of them...

Anyway, he has an old Szamboti cue, that is awesome, but the most interesting part of the deal is he got it and 2 days later, Gus passed away. While I dont know how Gus did building and shipping of cues, but it would seem that this could possibly be the last of the masters cues.

He has all boxes, receipts, packing materials etc. A few years ago, he offered it for sale but nobody was interested and he had just put it away. I was wondering if Jamie and the gang at the Midwest Cue show group might be interested in seeing it.

I have been trying to get ahold of the guy to see if he wants to take it and a few of the other ones he has to the show.

Ken :smile:
 
that would be a bit of cue history if it were the last! My friend had his Gus in for some work when the master died!.....lucky enough his cue was not touched and he got it back a few weeks later.

some day, I will own one!


G.
 
I am going to be at the show with about 50 Szamboti's and I would love to see the cue. If he wants to sell the cue he should probably get Barry to write a letter that this was the last cue his Dad sent out.

That's where they all went!!!!
Wish I could see them all. Oh well next time
Take care and hope to see you at VF
Paul
 
Here's another last Szamboti

Brian of Hawaiian Brians has Gus's Personal Playing cue- This would be another of the (Last Szamboti Cues- It was for sale in 1991,for like 60 thousand- mark
 
I am going to be at the show with about 50 Szamboti's and I would love to see the cue. If he wants to sell the cue he should probably get Barry to write a letter that this was the last cue his Dad sent out.

Are these for sale, or display only?

Are there any collectors going to Dayton to display but not to sell?
 
I will display and will be selling if interested.

Always looking for a trade, sell or buying.

Thats how I got all these damn cues!

LOL

ken
 
Back
Top