The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Earl has a fast pace, but he's much smoother and even tempo-wise today compared to last night. That's 168 as of this post - about tied for his high run last night of 169 I believe.

Let's go Earl!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Earl has a fast pace, but he's much smoother and even tempo-wise today compared to last night. That's 168 as of this post - about tied for his high run last night of 169 I believe.

Let's go Earl!
I cursed him. Makes the break ball but misses tough long one down the rail.

Does anyone know what his shaft diameter looks like? I hadn't noticed before but on this camera it looks like a broom handle.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gah! Run ended. Missed 1st ball after break on 13th rack. "The balls should have been changed. They didn't break apart. Something keeps happening to me. It should be easier than this...Of course if the table were even, you wouldn't have to worry about that....With my luck, I have to shoot twice as hard as the other guy." lol.

This is what Earl faced after the break in the 13th rack:
earl21.jpeg

He missed the 15 in the upper right corner pocket. It wasn't close: he hit the end rail. I think you can chunk an OB into the long rail at least a diamond up and it will go.

Run = 12 x 14 + 1(break ball) = 169. Same high run as yesterday!

Last edited:

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been following too closely but at least one person noted that Earl just doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to straight pool. Anyone who knows how to play the game and watches for awhile will agree.
I applaud what BC trying to do but he really needs to find somehow to get people in there who actually have a chance to put up big numbers.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I haven't been following too closely but at least one person noted that Earl just doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to straight pool. Anyone who knows how to play the game and watches for awhile will agree.
I applaud what BC trying to do but he really needs to find somehow to get people in there who actually have a chance to put up big numbers.

anyone that can run over 400 can play the game

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A knowledgeable 14.1 player will pocket 90% of the balls, if not higher, in the 2 side and 2 foot pockets.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

People enjoy watching Earl shoot and he’s a HOF player.

And, we will also have, as we did with Ruslan, some 14.1 mechanics coming in to play. Scheduling pool players, particularly those coming from other countries, is problematic nowadays. So just try and enjoy the show. There will be a variety of players taking this on in due course.

Lou Figueroa