The Quite Eye

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing you post makes any sense in relation to CTE. DO YOU EVEN PLAY POOL? I answered your question answer mine.
I haven't played in about 4 weeks on account of my wrist but I taped it up and played for about an hour this evening so I guess that qualifies me to have an opinion. Time for more Advil. Let's just drop it and let the thread be. You've provided enough interesting information for today, thanks.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't played in about 4 weeks on account of my wrist but I taped it up and played for about an hour this evening so I guess that qualifies me to have an opinion. Time for more Advil. Let's just drop it and let the thread be. You've provided enough interesting information for today, thanks.
You mean you don’t want to do more twisting of my posts to try and discredit CTE. That’s all you constantly try to do anyways. That’s exactly what you are hinting at with the “ interesting information “ comment.
You don’t want to learn, you just want to try and tear it down. Thousands aren’t listening to you including several state champions

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
"We all" is everybody who thinks rationally. You are in that group I'd say about every third day.
"We all" is all the irrational know-it-alls who think they have the answers about CTE yet don't have a clue as to how to even start the process of doing it let alone performing the visuals to pocket a ball.

OB is on the foot spot and CB is on the head spot. How do you pocket the OB in either corner pocket using CTE. Describe
the visuals clearly and succinctly. (this should be good but I think it will turn into hearing crickets, double talk, or excuses)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I understand completely. There are certain shots where the exact amount of spin is determined while down on the shot. Just wanted to point out that many shots can be accurately aimed from the standing position and landed on with 100% certainty.
Sure... boils down to style of play imo. If you opt to play with more spin then "many" may drop all the way down to "some".

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB is on the foot spot and CB is on the head spot. How do you pocket the OB in either corner pocket using CTE. Describe
the visuals clearly and succinctly. (this should be good but I think it will turn into hearing crickets, double talk, or excuses)
Probably a C perception, guessing outside pivot but I'd have to set it up to know for sure. I haven't hit many C perceptions because hitting the A and B told me what I needed to know. Anyway, align the inside edge of cb to C on the ob and then move over as needed to see cb center to ob edge. You can't see both at the same time unless you are Marty Feldman so pick a spot half way between the two. Get down into the shot from there and offset the bridge a half tip inside for an outside pivot and vice versa for an inside pivot. How'd I do?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sure... boils down to style of play imo. If you opt to play with more spin then "many" may drop all the way down to "some".

I spin a lot of shots. The thing is, experience gives you the ability to just know where to aim, to recognize the aim line with or without spin from a standing position.

I have a friend who used to be a very good player, but he doesn't play much anymore. On almost every shot, after he got down to address the cb, I would watch his cue move round like a tuning fork searching for a hidden treasure. He would always lock in on the correct line, but I never understood why he had to find it like that, rather than from a standing position.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Probably a C perception, guessing outside pivot but I'd have to set it up to know for sure. I haven't hit many C perceptions because hitting the A and B told me what I needed to know. Anyway, align the inside edge of cb to C on the ob and then move over as needed to see cb center to ob edge.
Did somebody try to help you with this or did you attempt doing it on your own? What do you mean by "move over"? Move your entire body...move your head...move your eyes? Where is the "C" located on the OB and how does that perception make both shots to the right pocket and left pocket?
You can't see both at the same time unless you are Marty Feldman so pick a spot half way between the two. Get down into the shot from there and offset the bridge a half tip inside for an outside pivot and vice versa for an inside pivot. How'd I do?
A "C" perception is going to make both corner pocket shots? Video it with narrative and we'll see how you did. Can it be done without a pivot? The description is disjointed with all of your pivoting that you couldn't get right when the OB was sitting 7" from the center of the pocket in Shishkabob and every shot was missed. Marty Feldman wasn't involved but Ray Charles could have made the Shiskabob pivot shots that you missed.

You asked: "How'd I do?" Well, my advice is to take a long vacation somewhere and never come back. You did prove a point but it wasn't yours.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spin a lot of shots. The thing is, experience gives you the ability to just know where to aim, to recognize the aim line with or without spin from a standing position.

I have a friend who used to be a very good player, but he doesn't play much anymore. On almost every shot, after he got down to address the cb, I would watch his cue move round like a tuning fork searching for a hidden treasure. He would always lock in on the correct line, but I never understood why he had to find it like that, rather than from a standing position.
quick side track
i play one pocket every sunday lately with a very good player
he also get down on the shot and wiggles around until his internal GPS tells him fire......and he rarely misses ...and can spin the hell out of the ball..... 😱 😱 😱 😱
carry on men

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
quick side track
i play one pocket every sunday lately with a very good player
he also get down on the shot and wiggles around until his internal GPS tells him fire......and he rarely misses ...and can spin the hell out of the ball..... 😱 😱 😱 😱
carry on men

I think my next video will involve some of this aiming with spin stuff. There's a neat little book out there from a fellow AZer, Robin Kelly, that address it.... "The Flight of the Cue Ball". It has mixed reviews, but imo it's a good book that can help a lot of players.

Reactions: bbb

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did somebody try to help you with this or did you attempt doing it on your own? What do you mean by "move over"? Move your entire body...move your head...move your eyes?
Why would I need help with this? It's been all over the place for many years. "Move over" means moving my head and therefore eyes to a position in between the two lines.

Where is the "C" located on the OB and how does that perception make both shots to the right pocket and left pocket?
C is a 3/4 ball, or where the stripe divides each half of the ball. C is on either side depending on left or right cut. It's the one on the outside angle to the pocket, or the one that gives you a larger cut than A or B.

A "C" perception is going to make both corner pocket shots?
Why not?

Video it with narrative and we'll see how you did.
No thanks.

Can it be done without a pivot?
I do it all the time without a pivot. You can do it with Pro1 or with Stan's new stepping procedure, I guess, but for discussion purposes I think it is easier to do manual pivoting. It's less prone to user input, shall we say.

The description is disjointed with all of your pivoting that you couldn't get right when the OB was sitting 7" from the center of the pocket in Shishkabob and every shot was missed.
It's getting tiresome that you play that up to make it sound like I was toiling at the table for weeks on end with no positive results because I'm an idiot and therefore can be discredited for anything I say. I hit a few shots and didn't pivot enough. A half tip pivot isn't much to begin with. Big deal.

Marty Feldman wasn't involved but Ray Charles could have made the Shiskabob pivot shots that you missed.
I sure hope you have a better point than "all the shots go in even though you aimed center to center." I'm trying not to judge prematurely but you did say that, among other things that sounded wrong.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I do it all the time without a pivot. You can do it with Pro1 or with Stan's new stepping procedure, I guess, but for discussion purposes I think it is easier to do manual pivoting. It's less prone to user input, shall we say.
Then I guess this settles it. No more CTE bitching or beat downs. You've finally seen the light and the CTE wars are over. I had no idea you were using CTE so much with or without a pivot and knew all of the variations.
It's getting tiresome that you play that up to make it sound like I was toiling at the table for weeks on end with no positive results because I'm an idiot and therefore can be discredited for anything I say.
Well truth be told, that's not the only reason for being an idiot. You've proven many other ways over the years.
I sure hope you have a better point than "all the shots go in even though you aimed center to center." I'm trying not to judge prematurely but you did say that, among other things that sounded wrong.
So, in other words what you're saying above is the spot to spot shot in both directions can be made using CTE exactly as you stated or as Stan and others have stated with instructions.

If that's the case, what's your daily bitch about CTE not being able to work. If you can make it work with or without a pivot, then it does exactly what an aiming system is supposed to do. Pocket balls consistently and accurately.
Nothing else to have flame wars about. Talk to your other compadres now and teach them how and why it works.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I guess this settles it. No more CTE bitching or beat downs. You've finally seen the light and the CTE wars are over. I had no idea you were using CTE so much with or without a pivot.
You asked if I can make it without a pivot. Of course I can. I make every shot I take without a pivot unless I'm using BHE. I didn't say anything about using CTE.
Well truth be told, that's not the only reason for being an idiot. You've proven many other ways over the years.
Let's be civil, now.

So, in other words what you're saying above is the spot to spot shot in both directions can be made using CTE exactly as you stated or as Stan and others have stated with instructions.
I don't know where you are getting all of this. You asked how CTE is supposed to work and I explained it. I'm not saying it works I'm describing the steps as you asked me to do.
If that's the case, what's your daily bitch about CTE not being able to work. If you can make it work with or without a pivot, then it does exactly what an aiming system is supposed to do. Pocket balls consistently and accurately.
See above.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
There is nothing I/we who use CTE and use it very well can do to make sense to those of you who don't, never have and never will. Nothing will ever change even if each of you non-users of CTE had multiple time Mosconi Cup player Tyler Styer demonstrating everything right in front of your noses along with other pro players (male and female) and top amateurs.

Of course nobody knows more about it than Stan Shuffett who taught all of them in person, but that means less than if he was some hack ass AZB member just starting to play pool. The gang of EIGHT, which really isn't that many any longer, pretends to know more about it than pros and top amateurs who do.

It's unlike any other sport with pro players, pro instructors, top amateurs and those who play for recreation. Forum pool has hack ass no names with no accomplishments in playing or instructing along with big mouths and writing skills who try to rule the roost as the foremost authorities in the sport by posting negative and incorrect information regarding what their teaching methods are and accomplishments. And I'll say it again, it's unlike any other sport out there. Not in golf, tennis, baseball, football, handguns or rifles...nothing.

You and PJ are two of them for the longest time. Nothing but home table players living on forums trying to gain notoriety among other know it all lemmings who fall for your crap. There is zero history of playing accomplishments or teaching notoriety. But here you are everyday.

You and I will not be wasting one more minute behind the scenes teaching/learning a damn thing again so don't even consider it after your hand heals. Besides, you'd only want to use it for more negative fodder any way you could spin it. NOTHING positive would ever come out of it from your end.

I think all of us who have been CTE users back from the days of Hal Houle and then Stan should let them wallow in their septic tank sand box by themselves.

Thresh

There is nothing I/we who use CTE and use it very well can do to make sense to those of you who don't, never have and never will. Nothing will ever change even if each of you non-users of CTE had multiple time Mosconi Cup player Tyler Styer demonstrating everything right in front of your noses along with other pro players (male and female) and top amateurs.

Of course nobody knows more about it than Stan Shuffett who taught all of them in person, but that means less than if he was some hack ass AZB member just starting to play pool. The gang of EIGHT, which really isn't that many any longer, pretends to know more about it than pros and top amateurs who do.

It's unlike any other sport with pro players, pro instructors, top amateurs and those who play for recreation. Forum pool has hack ass no names with no accomplishments in playing or instructing along with big mouths and writing skills who try to rule the roost as the foremost authorities in the sport by posting negative and incorrect information regarding what their teaching methods are and accomplishments. And I'll say it again, it's unlike any other sport out there. Not in golf, tennis, baseball, football, handguns or rifles...nothing.

You and PJ are two of them for the longest time. Nothing but home table players living on forums trying to gain notoriety among other know it all lemmings who fall for your crap. There is zero history of playing accomplishments or teaching notoriety. But here you are everyday.

You and I will not be wasting one more minute behind the scenes teaching/learning a damn thing again so don't even consider it after your hand heals. Besides, you'd only want to use it for more negative fodder any way you could spin it. NOTHING positive would ever come out of it from your end.

I think all of us who have been CTE users back from the days of Hal Houle and then Stan should let them wallow in their septic tank sand box by themselves.
Why don't you make some videos old wise one?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
CTE users NEVER post unless it's an advertisement. @JB Cases @SpiderWebComm @cookie man do you agree with this or think it's BS?

3 "Defenders" againt 3 "Critics?"

Must be personal bias. 🎤👈👇

At least they were quiet for a week or so.

EDIT: How many Facebook™ post happened this last week?
No I don't agree.

We have posted thousands of times discussing CTE. Not to "advertise" but instead to help those interested in learning cte.

I did start a thread called cte testimonials in order to promote cte by way of reporting the words of cte users who are having much success with CTE and enjoying pool by pocketing more than they ever have.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Regarding Quiet Eye. There is compelling evidence that this technique is helpful for aiming regardless of how people aim. I find it to be very helpful for using CTE, 90/90, ghost ball, double the distance, figuring out caroms and applying spin. I also feel that it helps when I pause before delivering my final stroke.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Also, the term cheat the pocket is a misnomer. One is not cheating the pocket by deliberately aiming to send the object ball to one side or the other. One is using the whole pocket rather than just the center of it. Obviously the amount of room one has to work with is determined by the pocket size, angle of the cut and depth of the shelf.