THE Reader Demographics of AzBilliards

Select one:

  • Pool Room Owner

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Industry Member

    Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Social Shooter

    Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Amateur Player (leagues, weekly tournament participant, regional tour member, et cetera)

    Votes: 141 59.5%
  • Professional pool player

    Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Pool Enthusiast (railbirds, sweaters, et cetera)

    Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Gambler (side-better, road player, hustler, bookmaker, et cetera)

    Votes: 28 11.8%

  • Total voters
    237

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
Several years back, there was a voluntary survey thread which provided a brief bio of the AzBilliards Discussion Forum members who elected to respond.

I am interested in learning about the demographics of the readers/members of AzBilliards. Considering there's several thousand-plus registered members here, I realize this poll is not all-inclusive, but it may be at least somewhat representative of the "regulars," so to speak.

For the lurkers, this is a blind poll, and so you can select an option, and your lurking status will remain intact! ;)

I'm sure I will leave out a category. I will try to be inclusive. Some of you may feel that your pool involvement may be more than one of the selections, but just check the one that describes you most, and that'll do just fine. :p

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this thread, and if you take the time to be participate, thank you for being a part of this voluntary poll. :)

Hope the poll comes out this time around! :o

JAM
 
Last edited:
You might want to split the amateur category, now it could go from the casual league player to a fairly serious tournament player
 
I picked amatuer, however I love to gamble on pool but I am by no means a road agent or a bookmaker
 
PKM said:
You might want to split the amateur category, now it could go from the casual league player to a fairly serious tournament player

That's a good point. I had thought about making a separate category for the regional tour and league players, but hoped that the casual amateur player might select the "Social Shooters" option.

Regional and league players are more advanced than the social shooter for sure.

JAM
 
bigskyjake said:
I picked amatuer, however I love to gamble on pool but I am by no means a road agent or a bookmaker

The side-better subcategory fits in the Gambling option, but the option that descirbes you best -- amateur player or gambling -- is what may be appropriate for you. :)

JAM
 
PKM said:
You might want to split the amateur category, now it could go from the casual league player to a fairly serious tournament player

Agreed. That is a huge category as it is.
 
I kind of straddle the pro and amateur worlds, so I did not answer the poll. Amateur events, regional tour, semi-pro, and won qualifiers into the pro tour, so not sure where I would fall.
 
seymore15074 said:
Agreed. That is a huge category as it is.

I wish I could go in and edit the poll and separate the Amateur category, but the edit option doesn't allow you to edit an existing poll. :(

I can also think of another category I left out, which is CUES. I mean, they almost have their own cult following in recent times! But this option should have included cuemakers, cue collectors, cue resellers, et cetera.

I think there are some pool folk who fit the CUES category maybe more than the other ones.

JAM
 
Good Poll

JAM said:
I wish I could go in and edit the poll and separate the Amateur category, but the edit option doesn't allow you to edit an existing poll. :(

I can also think of another category I left out, which is CUES. I mean, they almost have their own cult following in recent times! But this option should have included cuemakers, cue collectors, cue resellers, et cetera.

I think there are some pool folk who fit the CUES category maybe more than the other ones.

JAM
It's a good poll and it would be tough to cover everything. It would be hard to get too specific. Cues alone could even have a lot of categories...collector, dealer, builder.
 
rackmsuckr said:
I kind of straddle the pro and amateur worlds, so I did not answer the poll. Amateur events, regional tour, semi-pro, and won qualifiers into the pro tour, so not sure where I would fall.

There is a fuzzy line in this category, as mentioned by others, and I can see where some serious-minded pool players will fall within the cracks.

Though the Amateur option is broad, it would include league players, regional tour participants/members, aspiring professional pool players.

Though the Professional pool player option seems broad as well, I would think that a serious-minded pool player who competes on a regular basis in professional and regional tour events and qualifying tournaments would fall into this category. I mean, after all, very few can earn a decent living shooting pool as their profession in these difficult times. :D

JAM
 
Amature player... if I've won or cashed in any event, does that take my amature status away?

I put down industry member as my vote. I help run a pool room and also promote, run tournments and did my share of running leagues. But, at one time or another I would have fit into every category except PRO.

I don't play as much as I use to..but at least I can claim to make more money at pool now than I ever did as a player...LOL.
 
JAM said:
There is a fuzzy line in this category, as mentioned by others, and I can see where some serious-minded pool players will fall within the cracks.

Though the Amateur option is broad, it would include league players, regional tour participants/members, aspiring professional pool players.

Though the Professional pool player option seems broad as well, I would think that a serious-minded pool player who competes on a regular basis in professional and regional tour events and qualifying tournaments would fall into this category. I mean, after all, very few can earn a decent living shooting pool as their profession in these difficult times. :D

JAM
Sweet, for once I get to be a pro player instead of a semi-pro :D
 
chilli66 said:
How about an amateur with ideas above his station? That would be me!:D

Me too! Probably a LOT of others on this forum would feel the same way. I don't aspire to be a pro, but I sure wouldn't mind being able to SHOOT like one ;) !!!

Maniac
 
rackmsuckr said:
I kind of straddle the pro and amateur worlds, so I did not answer the poll. Amateur events, regional tour, semi-pro, and won qualifiers into the pro tour, so not sure where I would fall.

I straddle it too - but voted where I spend the most time. Linda, I think you should vote the pro catagory imho:)
 
JAM said:
Several years back, there was a voluntary survey thread which provided a brief bio of the AzBilliards Discussion Forum members who elected to respond.

I am interested in learning about the demographics of the readers/members of AzBilliards. Considering there's several thousand-plus registered members here, I realize this poll is not all-inclusive, but it may be at least somewhat representative of the "regulars," so to speak.

For the lurkers, this is a blind poll, and so you can select an option, and your lurking status will remain intact! ;)

I'm sure I will leave out a category. I will try to be inclusive. Some of you may feel that your pool involvement may be more than one of the selections, but just check the one that describes you most, and that'll do just fine. :p

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this thread, and if you take the time to be participate, thank you for being a part of this voluntary poll. :)

Hope the poll comes out this time around! :o

JAM

You left out the category, "Weekend Warrior". ;)
 
Jimmy M. said:
You left out the category, "Weekend Warrior". ;)

Agreed. I think there's a whole lot of players that would fall into that category, including many a pro pool player. :)

JAM
 
Back
Top