The Reason I'm Not Out Playing Pool Tonight...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
A most impressive visit from Mother Nature.

Man, this was a good one.

Check out my bedroom deck slider. The tape says just under 30". :eek:

Officially, it was 24 inches here in my town.

I saw some videos on the news today from Australia and Germany with the problems they're having. It can always be worse, right?

Best,
Brian kc
 

Attachments

  • bird-feeder.jpg
    bird-feeder.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 641
  • mast-bed-slider-29-half-inches.jpg
    mast-bed-slider-29-half-inches.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 606
  • Sunnyside-column.jpg
    Sunnyside-column.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 631
  • patio-to-spruce.jpg
    patio-to-spruce.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 647
  • road-to-house-eve-2.jpg
    road-to-house-eve-2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 598
Winter wonderland? no shovel in the pictures

All I see is the tire tracks from (the snowplow guy). At least in the spring the rivers and lakes will all get a drink of fresh water. I was looking for a giant wood pecker or a wolf- I didn't realize photography got ya tired. LOL A very nice looking place with the Location of the house in a rural setting. Love the fieldstone work on the driveway and fence line. There should be finches or other birds around the winter(just need to feed them?? In Mn. people feed some birds yr round , we have pileated woodpeckers eating suet Bags off trees. Squirrels. But it is the birds that add a winter appeal in all the stillness. good pictures - where's the hotub off the deck- or the spiffed up table, game room. Mark
 
I took a vacation to Cancun a month ago and I was told that the day after we left that there were 45 inches of snowfall overnight! And to call for an encore, there was another 15 inches the next night!
 
It sleeted here for about 2 hours in the middle of the night on monday and the town shutdown for the entire day.
 
KC, you pansy. I bet your dad walked in 4 ft. of snow uphill to school (both ways, no doubt). HAHA, jk. Be safe, bud.
 
That looks like a quaint warm and cozy pool room you have there disguised as a house :)

Hope you stay warm and keep your power on. Our power went out last night.
 
I'm on day 4 of being snowed/iced in out in Athens GA! I need to get back to Atlanta sometime... :scratchhead:
 
All I see is the tire tracks from (the snowplow guy). At least in the spring the rivers and lakes will all get a drink of fresh water. I was looking for a giant wood pecker or a wolf- I didn't realize photography got ya tired. LOL A very nice looking place with the Location of the house in a rural setting. Love the fieldstone work on the driveway and fence line. There should be finches or other birds around the winter(just need to feed them?? In Mn. people feed some birds yr round , we have pileated woodpeckers eating suet Bags off trees. Squirrels. But it is the birds that add a winter appeal in all the stillness. good pictures - where's the hotub off the deck- or the spiffed up table, game room. Mark

We do get all sorts of birds and other wildlife here on my property. I have infrared security cams all around outdoors and have seen some impressive things, especially at night. Wolves, coyotes, fox, of course, deer, turkeys, etc.

Yes, also pileated woodpeckers and some other varieties, as well. One time, a few Octobers ago, there were triangulating great horned owls here. That simply means that there were three of them, basically screaming (screeching?) at one another for a few hours every night for a couple of weeks from three different trees surrounding my house. I ended up calling the Audubon Society to see what all this was about and they told me how luck I was. Funny, I didn't feel all that lucky trying to get to sleep. :rolleyes:

They said this very likely was two parent owls and their adolescent offspring screeching at each other; the parents basically yelling at the child that it's time for him to leave their nest and encouraging him/her to go out on its own. :smile:

No hot tub yet but I do have a spot in mind. ;)

And there is a table down in the dungeon. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc
 
I'm on day 4 of being snowed/iced in out in Athens GA! I need to get back to Atlanta sometime... :scratchhead:

I felt bad for all the people, like yourself, who had such big disruptions related to the storm down south. They certainly aren't well equiped for this kind of weather.

I think they're finally back to normal there.

Best,
Brian kc
 
Ditto that. Beautiful property (from what I can see) and home. Hope you catch lots of sunshine and high temps over the next couple days.

Thanks Hierovision.

There has been lots of sun but the temp, for instance today, was in the single digits.

Meanwhile, it's New England, so cold and snow are certainly to be expected. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc
P.S. Sorry for my posting all these responses seperately. I need to figure out how to do the multiple quote and respond feature. :confused:
 
Back
Top