The Siberian Express is About to Roll

tomatoshooter

I can’t make a ball for 24 hours after a long flight,
I spent the night on a friend's boat with pretty rough water. It took me a month to get my stroke back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table on the Facebook feed looks like it has fairly generous pockets- like maybe 4 7/8 ? If so, Ruslan running 250 over 10 days of attempts would not be out of the question by a long shot. This guy can play the game very, very well. Tonight was not any sort of indication of his capabilities here. At the American 14.1 a few weeks ago he was one of the guys who looked like he could get up and run 200 or more on those tough pro cut Diamonds with no problem.
The guy who impressed me a great deal at the event with his 14.1 was Fortunski- I liked his game, he just sort of choked up a bit in that semi final match, missing a few makable shots, very different than all of his prior play that week where he looked so very solid.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent the night on a friend's boat with pretty rough water. It took me a month to get my stroke back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That too, boat’s really mess me up as well. It’s a terrible problem.
best
fatboy

gerryf

Ruslan won't run 250 IMO, maybe even won't get to 200 in the 1-2 weeks he's scheduled. He hasn't run past one rack in 30 minutes of trying. Huge difference between him and Shane.
I suspect Ruslan will do well, and do better and better the longer he goes.

With SVB, on his warmup day only 10% of his runs were hitting 100. On the '1st' day, 16% of his runs were hitting 100, and on both days '2' and '3' , 29% of his runs were hitting 100.

Rusty in Montana

I once watched Frank " Mac " McGowan play 14.1 against a young fella in the Broadwater Corner Pocket it was all nice fun and games until he insulted Frank who very systematically ran well over 100 + balls and out in his typical form and fashion so anything is possible . Ha ha

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
PS, where did you get it in your head each player is allotted 100 attempts and that is the time period? Its however may days they are there, and however long they feel like playing. That's how its been for Shane, and the first day of Ruslan.
I thought I saw that somewhere. No matter, since it is questionable how much time he will have to attempt this. There appears to be no actual allotted time to do this. It could be two days or two weeks. Way too vague for me, as it should be for you as well.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I once watched Frank " Mac " McGowan play 14.1 against a young fella in the Broadwater Corner Pocket it was all nice fun and games until he insulted Frank who very systematically ran well over 100 + balls and out in his typical form and fashion so anything is possible . Ha ha
McGown! Many people have misspelled his name. I once ref'd a match for him in L.A. and the hardest thing was keeping track of the score in my head during each lonnnngggg rack of his. I was saying to myself 64 over and over again in my head and then he would make a ball and I would say aloud 65! Then I would have to keep repeating that number in my head for a few minutes until he shot his next ball. He ran something like 88 or 89 balls and I told Fred Whalen I didn't want to ref any more of his matches. Fred just smiled at me and said, "No one else wants to either!" He gave me a $5 bonus for doing that match (on top of my regular $5 pay) and I was a happy camper. :)

Rusty in Montana

Thank you Jay for correcting me and my mis spelling Frank's last name my Kendal has a wicked spell check at times and I hit post reply to quickly .

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
McGown! Many people have misspelled his name. I once ref'd a match for him in L.A. and the hardest thing was keeping track of the score in my head during each lonnnngggg rack of his. I was saying to myself 64 over and over again in my head and then he would make a ball and I would say aloud 65! Then I would have to keep repeating that number in my head for a few minutes until he shot his next ball. He ran something like 88 or 89 balls and I told Fred Whalen I didn't want to ref any more of his matches. Fred just smiled at me and said, "No one else wants to either!" He gave me a $5 bonus for doing that match (on top of my regular $5 pay) and I was a happy camper. :)
Are refs permitted to use click counters? Id be terrible at keeping count.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yow. Talk about your bad break results... :oops:

Ruslan breaking the second rack in his second try (from a bad CB position).

pj
chgo

View attachment 615738View attachment 615739
This actually ended up being a sort of wing shot. He missed the break ball, but the cue ball careened off the stack, off the right cushion, and wacked the break ball in. I’ve actually made the same shot, for all the same reasons.

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I see 1/2 hour in he's already hit 150. Not a bad first try so far!
(He must have started before noon?)