The suggestion of a CTE specific sub forum

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I apologize for being rude. "Speak for yourself" really isn't what I meant anyway. It's more about painting with too broad a brush. There are a number of people here who are able to discuss things without the anger. You might be interested to know that the CTE guys all left AZ last summer and the forum was about dead but when topics came up there weren't problems. Bob Jewett was the most active poster for about a week, lol.

I don't know what the best solution is but I do know that dedicating a forum to one side of the story only does not serve new players well.
A forum dedicated to CTE only, serves new players VERY well.
The new players do not have to endure the bombastic negativism from you and your associates there.
They can see that in the other forums.
Thomas Sowell #2.jpg

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
When I post something here, I know for sure its gonna it criticized, but you dont see me whining, crying about it now do ya.

Nor whining about needing my own sub forum.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When I post something here, I know for sure its gonna it criticized, but you dont see me whining, crying about it now do ya.

Nor whining about needing my own sub forum.
That's because you're duckie. Everybody knows water runs off a duck's back and all the criticisms are your water. Duckies don't whine, they quack. Sometimes they try quacking jokes but somehow it's not the same and doesn't come off right.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already told you up front, I'm not traveling to come for ANY of you worthless excuses as players. YOU come to where I am. I have a business to run and more money to be made there than jerking around with old broken down legends in their own mind such as you. But since you're going to be in NOLA, maybe Joey Aguzin would be happy to provide your bloated ego with a little action in 9-ball or one pocket. He is a CTE boy and listed as such in Stan's new book. Are you feeling spunky enough for that? I'm sure Joey isn't the least bit concerned about your game, your mouth, or the money.

Our game would be 9-ball or 10 ball, Lou. Not one pocket. We'll see how good those eyes are for having to pocket long shots and running racks. Come any time you want. I'll invite Allen to give you a few lessons in one pocket after we're done. Bring lots of your wife's money as well as your ex-backer because we KNOW you don't have the balls to put up anything of substance on your own.

If you're scared, just say you're scared.

So now, it's Joey, lol. It appears the only thing you're any good at nowadays is getting into the middle of other people's bizaness.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If you're scared, just say you're scared.

So now, it's Joey, lol. It appears the only thing you're any good at nowadays is getting into the middle of other people's bizaness.

Lou Figueroa
From the very first post I said I'm not traveling for bloated heads living in a fantasy world. If you're scared, you'll keep running your mouth like you always do and always have. I invited each of you CTE knockers and haters to come where I am in my state.
Remember Lou, 9 ball or 10 ball is the game. You're welcome any time to get off that fat butt of yours. (I guess I shouldn't talk, mine is chunking up)

What you've been good at for 23 years is getting in the middle of other people's bizaness who choose to use CTE. We don't need to be saved by you, PJ, Dan White, Joey or anyone else. The CTE train is roaring down the track across the US and picking up new passengers every day. You and the above aren't allowed in the main terminal which is the best part of it all. LMAO

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think a sub forum for CTE within the aiming forum is a better idea
Because this way people who want to discuss aiming of any form know to come to the aiming forum

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think a sub forum for CTE within the aiming forum is a better idea
Because this way people who want to discuss aiming of any form know to come to the aiming forum
The question still remains as it always has. How are the know it all haters and disrupters kept out of the CTE section? Rules were posted here years ago. They've gone unheeded and unenforced.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The question still remains as it always has. How are the know it all haters and disrupters kept out of the CTE section? Rules were posted here years ago. They've gone unheeded and unenforced.
I agree
It would have to be a mutual truce
Cte sub forum would only be for cte users
The non cte aiming forum would not have cte users saying their ( cte) system is better
Basically if you do not have something constructive to add to a thread
Dont post
The rules would have to be enforced in a draconian way
Jmho

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
What is funny is that those that want to ban haters and trouble makers don't realize that some of them would be among the first to go! These things can flow from both directions.

Listening to some of Stan's video's he strongly emphasizes perceptions of angles. He also maintains that a sweep to a thirty degree perception changes if the sweep is from one direction or the other. The same applies to all of the other contact points. He may be seeing sometimes with binocular vision, sometimes with monocular vision, or his eyes might be swapping dominance.

It is possible to get a perception of three different angles from the same position or to see the same angle from three different places depending on what type of eyesight is active at the moment.

Chew on that last statement for a bit. A sweep from the right or a sweep from the left may engage different types of eyesight so that the perception of a reference point is different for each type of eyesight. Two or three different shots might all be with the same perception!

When focusing on perception instead of true angles of which there can be only one, the number of angles with CTE has doubled, perhaps even tripled. Years ago I played around with a video pool game where things were perfectly repeatable and tried to determine how many shots were needed to pocket balls on a pool table. Memory doesn't serve now but I think due to pocket sizes and rattled balls falling the number of shot angles to make balls anywhere on a nine foot table was only in the twenties. Stan himself sweeps from one side and if he doesn't like the way the shot looks he sweeps to the same perceived point from the other direction. He seems to be open to some adjustments from there if you feel you need them so some HAMB comes into play. Stan has definitely hit his million plus balls.

I still don't understand CTE. It would be silly for me to advocate for or against it without understanding and understanding seems very hard. Stan says it can take weeks or months to learn CTE although it seems most grasp some parts of it immediately when taking lessons. I get some idea that I might not enjoy pool as much using CTE so even if I grasp it, it might be a sometimes thing. Stan showed some banks working that I struggle with but CTE seems kind of mechanical, maybe just my perception!

There seems to be a shift in mental focus from the angle of the object ball to the pocket to the angle between the cue ball and object ball then the basic 2:1 ratio of a pool table comes into play. Stan says any other ratio and CTE would no longer work.

Any or all of the above may be wrong. I had Stan's youtube video's cycling while I was half-dozing late night. CTE remains interesting as much from a theoretical standpoint as from a functioning one. I am not sure I would like using it even if I got it to work.

Enough rambling, I need to do some storm clean-up then maybe I can hit a few balls.

canwin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's easy..pack your shit an git if you can't stand the heat git outta the kitchen but you and your minions couldn't take it..noones gonna mind, you could boast,brag and ping pong your round barn minds to your hearts content. Also, if you're going to issue challenges provide where you're located..canwin

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's easy..pack your shit an git if you can't stand the heat git outta the kitchen but you and your minions couldn't take it..noones gonna mind, you could boast,brag and ping pong your round barn minds to your hearts content. Also, if you're going to issue challenges provide where you're located..canwin
LMAO...another punk nobody troll in pool on this forum. If you're going to run your big mouth provide your name. Everybody here knows my name after 15 years and where I live. What about you,TROLL? Anybody afraid to give their name certainly isn't going to show up anywhere to actually play for some bucks. Another one going on IGNORE. What a great feature.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
More reason for the added buffer of a separate forum.

pj
chgo
Are you and the gang going to promise to stay in yours and out of ours? None of you have enough control to do that and never have. Test yourselves. From this moment on at 2:11 PM on Monday 3-29-21, lets see if you can stay completely out of a CTE thread or not post about it at all. EACH OF YOU. How long do you think it will last?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He seems to be open to some adjustments from there if you feel you need them so some HAMB comes into play. Stan has definitely hit his million plus balls.

Nope, nope, nope. Stan is not open to adjustments unless you are talking about cheating a pocket or using english. The premise of, and lure of, CTE is that once you have chosen the pocket you want to go to, the system will put you on the shot line. You don't need to HAMB. In fact, if you can stroke straight and follow the CTE instructions you don't know how to play pool at all, theoretically. You may not fully grasp CTE because you may not really understand what it claims to be able to do. Once you wrap your head around that then you'll be in a better position to decide if it makes sense or not. Many of us have argued that the system requires subconscious adjustment like any other method. I'll get attacked below almost certainly for saying that, but it is what it is.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tampa, let's play. I know you are close to me