The suggestion of a CTE specific sub forum

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many of us have argued that the system requires subconscious adjustment like any other method. I'll get attacked below almost certainly for saying that, but it is what it is.
How can you possibly argue what a system does or doesn't do if you have no idea how to use the system

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the very first post I said I'm not traveling for bloated heads living in a fantasy world. If you're scared, you'll keep running your mouth like you always do and always have. I invited each of you CTE knockers and haters to come where I am in my state.
Remember Lou, 9 ball or 10 ball is the game. You're welcome any time to get off that fat butt of yours. (I guess I shouldn't talk, mine is chunking up)

What you've been good at for 23 years is getting in the middle of other people's bizaness who choose to use CTE. We don't need to be saved by you, PJ, Dan White, Joey or anyone else. The CTE train is roaring down the track across the US and picking up new passengers every day. You and the above aren't allowed in the main terminal which is the best part of it all. LMAO

It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Atlanta — that’s where you are, right?

Is Mr Cues still there? I think I read JA’s room closed. Or are you located elsewhere and if so what rooms are there?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you and the gang going to promise to stay in yours and out of ours? None of you have enough control to do that and never have. Test yourselves. From this moment on at 2:11 PM on Monday 3-29-21, lets see if you can stay completely out of a CTE thread or not post about it at all. EACH OF YOU. How long do you think it will last?

Nope, can’t do it, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Are you and the gang going to promise to stay in yours and out of ours?
I'd gladly promise that to be able to discuss the few other aiming topics in a peaceful setting.
None of you have enough control to do that and never have. Test yourselves. From this moment on at 2:11 PM on Monday 3-29-21, lets see if you can stay completely out of a CTE thread or not post about it at all. EACH OF YOU. How long do you think it will last?
If you want to keep CTE discussion in a shared forum, here's a control challenge for you:

Don't burst into flames and tell posters they need to "learn the system" before they can legitimately question claims made for it.
Actually try to answer questions with something more than "you just don't get it".
Follow Mohrt's example of civility - he gave it an honest try (although we still got stuck on CTE terms like "perception").
Try to understand what others mean when they say a claim is illogical, rather than taking offense and getting immediately defensive. You might learn clearer, less confusing ways to present your info.

pj <- believe it when I see it
chgo

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it's been explained to you a thousand times and you still have ne idea how to use CTE. SO WHY ARE YOU HERE, REALLY ?
I enjoy discussing the topic. I guess I'm a dreamer. I keep thinking you guys will eventually come around. mohrt came close when he said something about your eyes perceiving that the pocket is in a different location when PJ suggested that the balls be moved a diamond away.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy discussing the topic. I guess I'm a dreamer. I keep thinking you guys will eventually come around. mohrt came close when he said something about your eyes perceiving that the pocket is in a different location when PJ suggested that the balls be moved a diamond away.
If you really enjoyed discussing CTE you would be over in Mohrts thread and actually trying to shoot his shots and having a discussion. But no, you just continue with your "throw" obsession in every thread.
By the way, i know you are in Mohrts thread, but you aren't trying his shots, you are just baiting him to talk about your "throw" obsession.

JC

Coos Cues
Other aiming topics could not be discussed. In a CTE environment there is no tolerance for other aiming topics. An exclusive CTE sub-forum would have to be for CTE users only, where non-CTE players aren't permitted to post. And in the main aiming forum no CTE user would be permitted to cheerlead for or promote CTE. This all seems very unlikely to become reality.
The new forum has abilities the old one did not. The administrator can hide entire sub forums on a user by user basis.

So when you log on here it's as if they don't exist.

Something could be worked out to ensure that only CTE dedicated members are present in the new sub forum.

Which will of course lead to it dying on the vine in very short order. Without the controversy they will be bored to tears talking about CTE. How much is there to discuss without naysayers really?

Mark my words.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new forum has abilities the old one did not. The administrator can hide entire sub forums on a user by user basis.

So when you log on here it's as if they don't exist.

Something could be worked out to ensure that only CTE dedicated members are present in the new sub forum.

Which will of course lead to it dying on the vine in very short order. Without the controversy they will be bored to tears talking about CTE. How much is there to discuss without naysayers really?

Mark my words.
LMAO. When is the last time you posted in the aiming forum without mentioning CTE. How do you aim? Most naysayers bring up CTE in there own threads because they die and go away if they don't. The aiming forum itself will die without CTE, it only exists because of CTE. How many threads about ghostball will make it past the first page.
Reality is, if the mods can't clean up the garbage so CTE can be discussed like it should be doesn't really matter, although that's a real shame. You see if you buy the book you will have access to another social media platform where people discuss CTE and help each other out. The author also participates. So when you buy the book you also have access basically to free lessons. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!!!

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you bash your head against the wall because it feels so good when you stop.

JC

Coos Cues
LMAO. When is the last time you posted in the aiming forum without mentioning CTE. How do you aim? Most naysayers bring up CTE in there own threads because they die and go away if they don't. The aiming forum itself will die without CTE, it only exists because of CTE. How many threads about ghostball will make it past the first page.
Reality is, if the mods can't clean up the garbage so CTE can be discussed like it should be doesn't really matter, although that's a real shame. You see if you buy the book you will have access to another social media platform where people discuss CTE and help each other out. The author also participates. So when you buy the book you also have access basically to free lessons. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!!!
I don't disagree with you much at all. This forum was not created to discuss aiming it was created to move the vitriol CTE generates off the main forum. Plain and simple. You could just change the name of this to the CTE forum instead of creating a new one, block all the naysayers and you wouldn't need a new sub forum.

Non CTE aiming discussions could then peacefully blend back into the main forum where they belonged all along and then when the still not content members come to those threads to proselytize about CTE, and you know they will, these people could then be blocked from the main forum and sent back here. The new format allows this type of micromanagement the old one didn't. No one needs be banned, just managed what they can see and participate in for the good of everyone.

If you are reading this Mike, this is my humble opinion of how to clean up this mess. When there is heat just turn it off by making the offending CTE person not able to see the CTE forum. This is your private property and you are not obliged to allow all free speech. It sure worked with me for NPR, I don't miss what I cannot see.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't disagree with you much at all. This forum was not created to discuss aiming it was created to move the vitriol CTE generates off the main forum. Plain and simple. You could just change the name of this to the CTE forum instead of creating a new one, block all the naysayers and you wouldn't need a new sub forum.

Non CTE aiming discussions could then peacefully blend back into the main forum where they belonged all along and then when the still not content members come to those threads to proselytize about CTE, and you know they will, these people could then be blocked from the main forum and sent back here. The new format allows this type of micromanagement the old one didn't. No one needs be banned, just managed what they can see and participate in for the good of everyone.

If you are reading this Mike, this is my humble opinion of how to clean up this mess. When there is heat just turn it off by making the offending CTE person not able to see the CTE forum. This is your private property and you are not obliged to allow all free speech. It sure worked with me for NPR, I don't miss what I cannot see.

CTE PRO1 TRUTH SERIES VIDEOS Check out this thread. The naysayers are completely innocent​

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I understand that the aiming forum was made because of CTE, but I don't believe it would die without CTE. For instance, there's a very good thread Bob J started about Neils Feijen's video on aiming with side spin. It does not involve CTE, except for the little bit of cheerleading that crept into the thread.

I like what Stan is doing, giving CTE users a distinct social media platform for lessons and discussions. That's a great idea. Because here, even in a special CTE sub-forum, there's no way to prevent any player who is interested in learning CTE from asking challenging questions that could be considered anti-CTE. So do those players simply get barred or blocked from the CTE forum?

Seems to me what needs to happen is this: No special sub-forum for CTE. Instead, once per week, here on AZ, a CTE supporter should simply plug/advertise Stan's CTE book, or post a link to one of his videos or to his website. Then avoid all discussion here, directing those who are interested to join the discussion on another site/platform where Stan has complete control of all comments or feedback.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that the aiming forum was made because of CTE, but I don't believe it would die without CTE. For instance, there's a very good thread Bob J started about Neils Feijen's video on aiming with side spin. It does not involve CTE, except for the little bit of cheerleading that crept into the thread.

I like what Stan is doing, giving CTE users a distinct social media platform for lessons and discussions. That's a great idea. Because here, even in a special CTE sub-forum, there's no way to prevent any player who is interested in learning CTE from asking challenging questions that could be considered anti-CTE. So do those players simply get barred or blocked from the CTE forum?

Seems to me what needs to happen is this: No special sub-forum for CTE. Instead, once per week, here on AZ, a CTE supporter should simply plug/advertise Stan's CTE book, or post a link to one of his videos or to his website. Then avoid all discussion here, directing those who are interested to join the discussion on another site/platform where Stan has complete control of all comments or feedback.
There are plenty of challenging questions being asked on our other platform. The difference is the people asking them are all trying to ACTUALLY learn CTE. They aren't people that have a grudge against CTE or Stan. They also aren't trolls that come in with pot shots just trying to be social media heroes or wasting time. It's nice actually being productive and learning. Morht is doing a nice job with his thread, but is anyone actually trying the shots, NO. What a shame. But it also proves why the naysayers are here.

You are right, Bob J started a good. Imagine how many good threads we could have if several pro's, including CJ Wiley weren't run off on here by the constant trolls.

JC

Coos Cues

Without CTE there would be no need for an aiming forum. The thread Bob started could have been posted in the main forum and benefited many more people. That was my point.

Just make this a CTE forum and do not allow any discussion of CTE in the main forum under penalty of losing main forum privileges. Not that many post there much anyway.

Same with CTE forum privileges for bashers. Problem solved.

Well not really because CTE cannot control itself for long. Nor can it's detractors. They live a strange symbiotic existence it seems.

So they need to be controlled by daddy when he comes home from work. This way will work and lead to peace and quiet sooner than later.