The ULTIMATE F#¢* You?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I was playing at The Rack in Memphis during the heyday of the Super Bowl tournament.

I'm at the table running out to put Jack Hines on the loser's side. He looks at me and says "well I guess it's on you whether my kids eat or not this week".

I get down to the 7,8,and 9,in a spot where all I have to do it stop my rock twice,and make the 9. But,instead of finishing the run right then I stopped and hit the bathroom.

I came back out,finished the out,then handed him a 5 and told him I ate a LOT of bologna as a kid,and they sell that shit at the gas station right up the street.

He later double dipped Hennessee in the finals (I finished 3rd),then started an argument over one of the pay envelopes being 20 bucks short to the point of being arrested and led out 20 min after he won. Tommy D.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing at The Rack in Memphis during the heyday of the Super Bowl tournament.

I'm at the table running out to put Jack Hines on the loser's side. He looks at me and says "well I guess it's on you whether my kids eat or not this week".

I get down to the 7,8,and 9,in a spot where all I have to do it stop my rock twice,and make the 9. But,instead of finishing the run right then I stopped and hit the bathroom.

I came back out,finished the out,then handed him a 5 and told him I ate a LOT of bologna as a kid,and they sell that shit at the gas station right up the street.

He later double dipped Hennessee in the finals (I finished 3rd),then started an argument over one of the pay envelopes being 20 bucks short to the point of being arrested and led out 20 min after he won. Tommy D.

Great story...Crazy but a good one!

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few times in league play I've had a 8 ball straight down the long rail.
Hit it with medium speed, it's obviously going in, so I turn around and say "good game" and shake my opponents hand about the same time the ball falls.
Walk back to the table and one my teammates says "Damn bubba, that was cold blooded", I don't even blink

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At last he didn't disappear with ALL of the calcutta money like I saw once, that guy could shoot straight for sure though

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look them right in the eye and say...

Like your wife(or mom) always says- Well don't know about you but I enjoyed that.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't want to myself, just mainly looking for some good/funny stories of BS that people have experienced. The one where young Mike Massey handed the guy he beat's money out at the door was a funny one. Imagine getting beat out of your money and your opponent just gives it out to random folks leaving for the night!

I used to do that with gold chains and pool cues, anything but cash I took off of somebody. Never wore jewelry of any kind. Won a bunch of gold chains back when they were super popular though. I would give them to a friend or bar maid as soon as they were handed over, rubbing in that they were never getting it back! I would hold a pool cue if that was the deal but if not I would give it away. Today, I wonder what some of those cues were that I owned for a few minutes. Some nice cues but I wasn't going to carry a cue back then, I gambled off the wall.

Hu

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the ULTIMATE F#¢* you when you beat an opponent? We're talking salt in the wound...

🤔

The best one you've read/heard/experienced?

Even if it's just a though, what is it? :love:
Unless you have a negative history with the person you just beat, or he's a complete a-hole, why would you ever want to do that? Even then, I try to be above that kind of petty childishness. Show some class and some sportsmanship. Say "good game" and move on.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kill 'em with kindness...smile and offer a handshake.
You know when you really hustled someone one is after you beat them they buy you dinner.

I’d much rather have that result than thr 2 stories I told in this thread, which were the worst 2 FU’s that ever happened to me over decades of playing. Not my proudest moments, just true stories for this thread.

A happy ending and happy customer is the real goal. Always was, I never hurt anyone intentionally(except taking their $) but that’s pool/life.

best
Fatboy

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I think everyone's holding back their ULTIMATE Fudge YOU'S. I know there's some real doozy's.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Burn the cash.
I have ripped up a hundred in front of someone after I beat them out of it.

Another time I beat a guy in Holland at a tournament and afterwards I had to gather my product and put it in the car so I asked the guy I beat if he would watch my stuff and he basically said f-off. So in front of him I paid someone to do it using the money I just won from him.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Another time I beat a guy in Holland at a tournament and afterwards I had to gather my product and put it in the car so I asked the guy I beat if he would watch my stuff and he basically said f-off. So in front of him I paid someone to do it using the money I just won from him.
lol. On 9 likes for this three word post. You guys are a bunch of sadists. :D

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your story reminded me of something.
I was at a tournament with Big Bob and he had just lost his match. As the guy was putting away his cue and yucking it up with his friends Bob Walked over.

Not interrupting just waiting for them to finish. Bob said, "Excuse me", " Would you like to play some for real now"? Of course he was not going to play but Bob politely put him in his place.
No, he really didn't put anybody any place.

Thats a sore loser bitchy crybaby reaction to getting beat.

middleofnowhere

Registered
No, he really didn't put anybody any place.

Thats a sore loser bitchy crybaby reaction to getting beat.
In the spirit of what this thread represents I think my story was one of the kindest. Most people tell stories of being complete assholes in this thread.

Also, Bob is a polite guy, he was serious. He is not a tournament player he did want to play more. I heard him say the same thing to Bill Stegall. Bill made the mistake of saying yes at $500.00 a rack 9 ball.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Remember years ago playing in 9 Ball Tournment, it was on big tables.

Think I was racing to 3, guy I was playing was needing five to move ahead. I was ahead 2 he had 2, so if I won he was out.

This was funny as the drunk who was juiced, kept making noise every time I was going to shoot. Yelling loud.

Tournament Director did not care about this Shark Attack. Shark was big booze buyer.

I was loosing patients, so I politely said I am done. Told the Shark I am going home, you won.

Made no sense to put up with BS in a $7.00 entry tournment. First might have paid $7

If TD did not care, who need the BS.

Did I get revenge? Well not sure, but did high blood pressure.

Heard late some one start fight with Shark, bounce had to break up.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the ULTIMATE F#¢* you when you beat an opponent? We're talking salt in the wound...

🤔

The best one you've read/heard/experienced?

Even if it's just a though, what is it? :love:
This isn't really an "F-you" after winning but I'll share anyway. I was about 19 and hanging out in the pool room as usual. This group of people in their late teens, early 20s were playing each other...two guys and their girlfriends. I went to the vending machine, minding my own business. One of the guys said to me, rather loudly, "Hey Slick you wanna play for a couple dollars a game?" They all froze and looked at me. I calmly responded, "No thanks."

Of course he said, "What's the matter? You scared?"

I replied, "No. It's just that I've seen you play and I would feel bad taking your cash. There isn't a game I can think of that we can play where you would have a chance."

I just walked away while they stared at me with their mouths open.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't really an "F-you" after winning but I'll share anyway. I was about 19 and hanging out in the pool room as usual. This group of people in their late teens, early 20s were playing each other...two guys and their girlfriends. I went to the vending machine, minding my own business. One of the guys said to me, rather loudly, "Hey Slick you wanna play for a couple dollars a game?" They all froze and looked at me. I calmly responded, "No thanks."

Of course he said, "What's the matter? You scared?"

I replied, "No. It's just that I've seen you play and I would feel bad taking your cash. There isn't a game I can think of that we can play where you would have a chance."

I just walked away while they stared at me with their mouths open.
I'll be borrowing that, thanks as always!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not gamble on Pool, did stop on time in Misquite, NV.

The State Line Motel does have a small bar & some bar tables.

League was just finishing up, guy want to play for money.

I said I would play for a Beer, said I do not gamble. But sort of play 9 ball?

Think we play race to 3, had no Cue so I used a house Cue.

Guy was telling me how great he was, when we were done. I said I will have a Bud, he replied you said you sort of play Pool.

I said smiling you should be happy, we only play for a BEER. Guy was not very good.

Yes he did by my Beer.🤣

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Unless you have a negative history with the person you just beat, or he's a complete a-hole, why would you ever want to do that? Even then, I try to be above that kind of petty childishness. Show some class and some sportsmanship. Say "good game" and move on.
Well yeah, but I was mainly fishing for interesting or funny stories.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’ve done that in pool, with arrogant waiters, valets.

I say here’s a half a hundred and tear a $100 in 2 pieces and hand it to them. They sometimes go crazy, they can’t stand it. Most I ever did that with was $500. Was worth the $500 for the laugh.

Cash comes and goes, fun moments are more valuable.

best,

Fatboy