Things That Make You Go Hmm !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I very much doubt if I phoned up Da' Bookie and asked for a refund on everytime I placed a bet on these players and the bet lost they'd give me a refund :

‘I thought I knew everything about them’ – Victoria Shi on the match-fixing suspensions of her academy stars :​

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/14/vict...s-of-young-and-stupid-academy-stars-18610772/

Quote .

" The hearing takes place on 24 April, as a WPBSA statement in March read: ‘Sport Resolutions have appointed Ian Mill KC to chair the Independent Disciplinary Hearing for the ten snooker players charged with serious breaches of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations. A date of 24th April 2023 has been set for the start of the proceedings. "

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where are all the young British players? Snooker's leading names unanimous concerned about the grassroots as debate over the sport's future continues​

By Chris Hammer
23:22 · MON April 24, 2023 :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ALAN MCMANUS BREAKS DOWN WHY SHAUN MURPHY'S CALL FOR SNOOKERS TO BE OUTLAWED IS A BAD IDEA​

Snooker has not changed much down the years, although the Shoot Out was added to the calendar to offer a rapid-fire element to the game. There have been other suggestions to bring about change, with Judd Trump calling for a relaxed dress code. Shaun Murphy said this week that stopping playing for snookers could work, but Eurosport's Alan McManus disagrees. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...outlawed-is-a-bad-idea_sto9581123/story.shtml

Historic Frame: 6 snookers required | John Spencer vs Jimmy White | 1987 British Open QF :​

Elliot Slessor needs 7 snookers against Zhang Anda | 2019 Welsh Open - Last 32 :​

Snooker is called snooker for a reason so under those bright lights down the club running up the table time bill of course you quit and set the balls up again for another frame but for the pro's if the balls are set for snookers of course they are going to play on , it's their means of living and paying bills . I enjoy the safety play and a bit of cat and mouse , it adds to the drama . ;):D(y)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But I think it would help to require cushion contact on any shot that does not pot a ball, as in the shootout. A more extreme version is to require cushion contact after ball contact, as in pool.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I think it would help to require cushion contact on any shot that does not pot a ball, as in the shootout. A more extreme version is to require cushion contact after ball contact, as in pool.

wouldn't that possibly prolong some safety escapes that already requires a lot of force (4-5 rails first)? if the penalty isn't ball in hand, of course

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contacting a cushion almost eliminates the shot-to-nothing. (no more role up to a baulk color after making a great long pot) So it becomes a negative to make the ball. So not that simple as it changes a lot of the rest of the game as well!

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'Biggest money match in pool history' ruined as person throws beer bottle on £180K shot​

A £180,000 pool match was left in limbo after a beer was thrown onto the table at 29-29 in a race to 30 just as one player stepped up to pot the black :

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

'Biggest money match in pool history' ruined as person throws beer bottle on £180K shot​

A £180,000 pool match was left in limbo after a beer was thrown onto the table at 29-29 in a race to 30 just as one player stepped up to pot the black :

Right. Maybe £180. It's the internet.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker ace Kyren Wilson 'battered by cop with baton' in drunk stag do kebab row​

Snooker ace Kyren Wilson got into a skirmish with a police offer in a kebab shop while on a stag do in Portugal and was left with quite a significant leg injury :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker in crisis as sport's top stars including Mark Selby and John Higgins lead player mutiny after refusing to play in Northern Ireland in favour of a more lucrative event in China​

• Selby, Higgins and Brecel are among five players to have snubbed a key event
  • The trio have shunned this month's Northern Ireland Open to play in Macau :
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/o...eEfnSew9h0FiOsLaMUZ4PEtO1oagaWzttGD4JO2W4Tw_U

LUCA BRECEL, MARK SELBY AND JOHN HIGGINS IN RISK OF 'BREACH OF CONTRACT' BY SKIPPING NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN - WST​

Eurosport

BYEUROSPORT
UPDATED 10/10/2023 AT 20:54 GMT+1 :

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/n...2WQd9bYE2H15roT10kc_HjDyUV3qqEo5gFvw51aSJFc-g

World Snooker Tour threatens sanctions for players playing in Macau exhibition​

By Sporting Life
21:10 · TUE October 10, 2023
World Snooker Tour has confirmed that it may sanction players who take part in an exhibition in Macau which clashes with the Northern Ireland Open. :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Corey Deuel

·

https://www.facebook.com/#
I must say I love Matchroom events and the mosconi cup is one of the best events I've ever played...one thing I love more is my COUNTRY!!! I truly feel Emily Frazer is an amazing promoter and I see her passion for this game. Bringing Fedor Gorst in for teamUSA understand this is most likely just a shock marketing tactic.well It means much more than that to ME!! for me to support America and American players!! im sorry but im very patriotic as are most of the potential fans for this event. When I go out to play the most special time is when I'm able to stare at our flag and listen to our national anthem the place ive lived my whole life. Fedor gorst is one of the nicest guys I've played and unbelievable talent...does he deserve a spot in mosconi cup 100% on team europe thats his heritage. And I've enjoyed my trips to russia..but if i moved there i just dont think it would be proper for me to play for the russian flag 6 months in. almost the whole ryder cup euro golf team lives in USA full time. They respect patriotism in golf. I feel sorry for our boys playing in Vietnam trying to earn a spot...I must say this would never ever happen to you if im your captain go USA
🇺🇸
!!
All reactions:
418You and 417 others

312 comments
32 shares

https://www.facebook.com/ThroughThe...uXogB8aivEXvcw20Oq7RJ3b6gWDAFWA&__tn__=<<,P-R

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jayson Shaw

9 October at 19:16 ·

9 years lived in America always feel this is my home so I have pulled the trigger can’t wait to represent usa
🇺🇸
: