Things to bring to a pool tournament

center pocket

Got Heart?
Silver Member
I am leaving for a tournament that is 3 hours away soon. I was trying my best not to forget anything I might need while there. The tournament will last 3 days.

This got me thinking if someone had started a thread about this and I didnt find one.

If you were going to a pool tournament for 3 days, what items would you bring besides the obvious.

Here is my list:

Naproxen
Excedrine
Magic rack
Glove
Pocket Chalker
Tip Pick
Head Phones
Ear Plugs
clothes
smart phone to stream music.
maybe a book? Might add that
Laptop

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kinda did something similar...(Case only)

I am leaving for a tournament that is 3 hours away soon. I was trying my best not to forget anything I might need while there. The tournament will last 3 days.

This got me thinking if someone had started a thread about this and I didnt find one.

If you were going to a pool tournament for 3 days, what items would you bring besides the obvious.

Here is my list:

Naproxen
Excedrine
Magic rack
Glove
Pocket Chalker
Tip Pick
Head Phones
Ear Plugs
clothes
Laptop

I was just looking for Case Content, but you may be able to find some good add in's from it!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=339704

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question and list, you could be more generic though, not everyone uses a glove, pocket chalk holder or a smartphone. Book is a great idea, but if you have a smartphone, no need for that. I use the Google Play books and download the free books like Sherlock Holmes, Jules Verne, etc...

Are you staying there for all 3 days? Make sure you bring at least one extra pair of socks, maybe an extra pair of shoes and extra shirt, over what you think you'd need. So 3 days, I'd bring 4 shirts. All you need is that BBQ Pork sub to spill on you mid-day with no extra shirt around.

May want to bring some shaft care stuff, slicking papers or whatever you use to clean/smooth the shaft.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not too much experience here but on my next venture out I'm going to ensure I do the following:

Be sure to review the dress code. Nothing like driving 3 hours for a tournament and then realizing you don't have collared shirts with you.

I wish all tournaments had dress codes.

And I would take some type of sleep aid (Tylenol PM or something similar). Maybe it's just me, but I just cannot get any sleep at a tournament. I get too wound up.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not too much experience here but on my next venture out I'm going to ensure I do the following:

Be sure to review the dress code. Nothing like driving 3 hours for a tournament and then realizing you don't have collared shirts with you.

I wish all tournaments had dress codes.

And I would take some type of sleep aid (Tylenol PM or something similar). Maybe it's just me, but I just cannot get any sleep at a tournament. I get too wound up.

Enter more Tourneys..didn't help me but I tried it for a year..
win or lose I still want to play..take a benadryl with the tylenol,
it helps..

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I usually bring some IcyHot balm for my tennis elbow...but I'm an old fart. :smile: I also bring some talc and a micro-fiber towel.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Oh, yeah, bring a few bananas for between match snacks...the potassium and natural sugars are great for energy and electrolites.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top quality shoes and socks was the first thing I learned on the road.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Here is my list:

Naproxen
Excedrine
Magic rack
Glove
Pocket Chalker
Tip Pick
Head Phones
Ear Plugs
clothes
Laptop

Bandaid,
finger nail file/clippers
one extra spare glove
spare batteries for electronics

snacks to eat when you aren't able to get away for a meal or just something to keep you rolling.

Extra pairs of socks for changing twice a day.

reading glasses if you need them.
what about some Purell germ killing hand sanitizer>

A little reading material for down time. Preferably upbeat mental game type stuff.

JoeyA

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

Here is my list:

Naproxen
Excedrine
Magic rack
Glove
Pocket Chalker
Tip Pick
Head Phones
Ear Plugs
clothes
Laptop

your own bridge if you're not comfortable with house bridges.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Beer, peanuts and chocolate bars.
Maybe a couple of small twisties if you partake of the Green stuff.

Make sure the case is well stocked with a shaft cleaner, tip shapers etc.

Almost can never have too much of that stuff.